• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nancy Botwin from Weeds

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyone have any clue on her type?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I have no idea. I get kind of an FJ vibe from her but that's about it.

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
My vote for Nancy is xsfj.

Other characters:

Celia-psycho estj
Dean-intp
Doug-estp
Andy-also estp, maybe esfp but probably not
Silas-yet again estp
Shane-infp
Isabella-intj
Conrad-infj
Heylia-estj

I've only seen seasons 1-3, so I don't know if that changes things any.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
xSFJ for Nancy is dumb.

SFJ moms don't sell pot to pay the bills, even if their husbands are dead.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
xSFJ for Nancy is dumb.

Generally they don't, but she's not exactly a natural at it, with all the blunders she makes. At least in the first two seasons she seems to get by mostly by being sweet enough to convince other people to help her.

I haven't seen any of the later seasons though, so I'm a little out of date.

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
xSFJ for Nancy is dumb.

Well how many upper-middle class soccer moms sell pot to pay bills in the first place? Just because she's more than a little bit dysfunctional doesn't relate that much to her mbti type, imo. In the real world, it might be particularly odd for an sfj mom to make the choices Nancy does, but Weeds is not the real world and I don't think her occupation overshadows the way the rest of her character is portrayed.

edit: And as poppy points out, she's not a particularly good pot dealer either, she's in it for her kids, counter-intuitively enough, and she experiences quite a bit of cognitive dissonance about the choices she makes.

Negative_

Nancy = NeFi
Celia = FeNi
Doug = NeTi
Andy = SiFe
Dean = TiNe
Conrad = SiTe
Shane = NiFe
Esteban = TeNi?
Silas = SeFi?

using socionics function order, btw.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dunno if I agree with Nancy being FJ. She seems to do best when shes reacting to a situation in the moment, and generally the things she plans, she doesnt exactly think through. Maybe ISFP? I'd be curious to hear Negatives theory on NeFi though.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Any FJ type for Nancy is silly; they always focus on how much of a failure she feels like for never really being that great a mom. She wants to be but just isn't very responsible/has a hard time thinking of others at the right times (always remembers it later and feels stupid for forgetting.) And anybody is going to have trouble with the learning curve getting into the drug business, especially a middle aged white suburban mom--she gets by by being smooth enough to get others to help her, and she does a lot of on the spot adapting and very little planning. She's also not very outwardly emotional at all, in most cases.

I'm going with ISTP, personally.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Hm, I'd buy ISFP, but not ISTP.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
Nancy: ESFP/ISFP
Celia: ESTJ
Doug: ENTP
Andy: ESTP
Dean: INTP
Conrad: ISTJ
Shane: INFP
Esteban: ENTJ
Silas: ISTP

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going with ISTP, personally.
I would find it amusing if she was, because I find her pretty irritating. (though the show's not bad).

I'd say some FP type or possibly a flaky TP. She seems pretty spontaneous and disorganized. I couldn't say for I/E or S/N though.

fway

Enneagram
8w79
Almost done going through the fourth season and I think I have the characters figured out.

Nancy - iSFP
Celia - EStp
Esteban - eNTJ
Shane - eNFP
Silus - iSTP (very weak I)
Isabella - INTJ
Andy - ESTP
Conrad - IsTJ
Doug - ExTP
Dean - eNTP
Heylia (sp?) - ENTJ
Sanjay - ISFJ
Guillermo - INTJ
Clinique (just for kicks)- ESTJ

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Close but Nancy and Shane are both Ts!

fway

Enneagram
8w79
^ Close but Nancy and Shane are both Ts!

Ah yes. You have yet to explain your reasoning behind this. I don't really see Ti in her. Te seems like the "last resort" for her so to speak. Do I see her analyzing the situations (Ti) at hand? No. I just can't peg her as one. So far, Nancy/Esteban's relationship (as of S04E10) seems to be very polar (ENTJ/ISFP) where they both understand each other in a weird way.

As for Shane. I'm sticking to eNFP. The way he stands up for what he believes in (Fi) makes me think he's an eNFP. His crazy ideas make me think (Ne) as well as the way he had talked to his father (or "spirit") in the third season. He wasn't too extraverted in the first couple of seasons, but then as the seasons progressed I changed my mind about him not being extraverted, which is why I am sticking to eNFP.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Currently marathonning this on Netflix streaming for the wii.

Why does everybody think Nancy is F? She's totally T IMO.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Currently marathonning this on Netflix streaming for the wii.

Why does everybody think Nancy is F? She's totally T IMO.

Thank you. There's nothing Fi about Nancy whatsoever. When she's really upset we see some inferior Fe, but it's childish and ineffectual.

She's such an ISTP it hurts. I don't even know how anyone can get any F type for her whatsoever, much less xxFJ.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
ISTP is what I thought too. Very I, very T, and very P. S enough not to really think otherwise. And if you think the temperaments thing holds water, I'm not sure how she could be anything but an SP. In one of the last episodes I watched she answered a question about what she's afraid of: "Calm." FJ? Really?