• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

PJ Harvey

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oooh, I would have said ISFP, maybe and INFP.

theplacesyoullgo

Absolutely N! She's waaaay too conceptual not to be, both her music and in her interviews.

I think you guys are only saying T because she's written songs about giving the Handjob of Death. ;) She strikes me as very INFP.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
^^I don't know. I think I've heard her explicitly state that her idea of music is physical rather than cerebral. She said something to the effect that she doesn't think music is about picking out meanings behind word usage, but rather that it's about the physical sensation that it gives you at the moment. Like, does it make you sick? Does it make you feel like dancing? Does it make you want to hit somebody?

Plus, she has this kind of blazing fearlessness about her. Not that INFPs couldn't have that, but it's not the usual "vibe" I get from them.

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
She used to be typed as ISTP, but later I saw in a few occurrences ENTP, which I can really see. The E would then be her preference for physicality.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wow. I was thinking about this the other day.

I agree with Orangey.
She expresses herself and her work through sensation.
ISFP.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think PJ has the same type as a doc who checked my nuts for lumps the other day: so/sp e54 istp. Receptionist was a prickly little sp/so e89, the nurse an so/sp e98, both also istps. Her ties, and inevitable difficulties, with sx/sp e54 infp Nick Cave come to mind.

Prod me for specifics if you're on the certain side of the fence.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
id say INFJ, imo her lyrics scream desperate and troubled Fe as loud as possible, she could be ISFJ too tho.

i dont get this IST(or any T) typing at all, could someone give a little reasoning for that?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
id say INFJ, imo her lyrics scream desperate and troubled Fe as loud as possible, she could be ISFJ too tho.

i dont get this IST(or any T) typing at all, could someone give a little reasoning for that?

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Actually, I already gave some reasons (more than you, anyway) earlier in the thread. I think typing by lyrics is one of the worst possible methods (second only to typing by beliefs.) I'd honestly sooner trust someone's impression of her from her speaking voice than a functional interpretation of her lyrics.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Actually, I already gave some reasons (more than you, anyway) earlier in the thread. I think typing by lyrics is one of the worst possible methods (second only to typing by beliefs.) I'd honestly sooner trust someone's impression of her from her speaking voice than a functional interpretation of her lyrics.

well i also got her dvd and theres quite alot of behind the scenes stuff, so its not just about her lyrics.

i dont see you giving any reasons why she would be that particular type, you just mentioned some thing about her that has nothing to do with her being ISTP. ISFJ could do the same thing also, and i think ISFJ would do that more so than ISTP, but any other type could do it too..

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
well i also got her dvd and theres quite alot of behind the scenes stuff, so its not just about her lyrics.

i dont see you giving any reasons why she would be that particular type, you just mentioned some thing about her that has nothing to do with her being ISTP. ISFJ could do the same thing also, and i think ISFJ would do that more so than ISTP, but any other type could do it too..

I don't think she's ISTP. I think she's ISTJ.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Set on her etype then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49BPRI0UbDo

1:35 - "I've always felt my greatest fear is to replicate something else I've done before...I almost force myself into a very different set of rules."

2:55 - 3:20 "...a lot of my work has often been about the interior, the emotional happens inside oneself...always trying to come from the human point of view [regardless of subject matter.]"

3:25 - "I feel like I knew every single aspect of what's going on [politically], I can't speak about it because my information's not like the people have that're doing this on a day-to-day basis."

http://youtu.be/41h_RTjPgp0

1:20 - 1:40 "These songs and all others I've written are not purely autobiographical...I feel like I'm very much an observer of life, then I just converse that in the way I know how."

3:45 - 4:05 "People do seem to be stuck in this rut of taking clothes off at the moment, gyrating, sweaty looking in front of a camera, but that seems to be the policy for all female videos at the moment."

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFP, hands down. Definitely Se-aux with a focus on the tangible in lyrics (and not in a symbolic way) and a Fi type of focus on feelings.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Feed me (quotes).

Nice-lookin' hands down.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here are some good quotes ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49BPRI0UbDo

1:35 - "I've always felt my greatest fear is to replicate something else I've done before...I almost force myself into a very different set of rules."

Pe
2:55 - 3:20 "...a lot of my work has often been about the interior, the emotional happens inside oneself...always trying to come from the human point of view [regardless of subject matter.]"

This might as well be part of a definition for Fi.

3:25 - "I feel like I knew every single aspect of what's going on [politically], I can't speak about it because my information's not like the people have that're doing this on a day-to-day basis."

Fi again, focuses on the individual nature of experiences. Se focus is on literal experience, whereas NFPs are more hypothetical in their thinking.