• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Will & Grace

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm, okay I'm thinking:

Will: ISTP
Grace: INTJ
Jack: ENFP
Karen: ENTJ

I dunno, this is my first time typing any fictional characters so your opinions would be appreciatedz0rs.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Isn't Grace the prototypical neurotic ExFJ?

Anyway I like Grace so therefore she is my type. :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Will an ISTP? I don't think so.

ISFJ? INTP?

You're probably right about Jack. ENFP or ESFP.

Karen? Karen's my FAVORITE. Karen used to be my hero (ha ha). I don't know that's she's a J at all. She's not very responsible, always leaving work early, not taking care of her kids, very image focused, always looking for a good time...ENTP?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
me and my girlfriend got that will and grace thing going on. But that would be highly personalized

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
me and my girlfriend got that will and grace thing going on. But that would be highly personalized

So does that mean that you're a gay lawyer and she's your former lover/best friend from college? :shock:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, I'll second Grace for ExFJ. Will seems kinda J, to me. ISTJ, maybe. He is definitely more T than Grace. I could see Karen as an ENTP, and Jack as ExFP.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Karen and Jack where the best parts of that show. Didn't watch enough for good indications of type though.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I love this show. :wubbie: One of my favorite sitcoms if not my favorite.

Will: ISTJ 1w9 so/sp
Grace: ESFJ 6w7 so/sx
Jack: ENFP 7w6 so/sx
Karen: ENTP 7w8 sx/so

I'm most sure on Karen because she's so exaggerated haha.
For Jack I could also see ESFP and sx/so, but he seems Si-inferior rather than Ni-inferior to me.
Grace...I'm pretty sure about ESFJ and 6w7. I could see other instincts but the fact that she lets Will make a lot of decisions for her makes me think sp-last.
Will I'm the least sure about. I'm pretty sure ISJ works for him, but I could see F too. I went with 1w9 because of how he suppresses his emotions when there's a problem with his family and how he controls his anger. His instincts I just took a wild guess on. But I think sx/so, sx/sp, and maybe sp/so can be ruled out.

What do you think [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION]?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love this show. :wubbie: One of my favorite sitcoms if not my favorite.

Will: ISTJ 1w9 so/sp
Grace: ESFJ 6w7 so/sx
Jack: ENFP 7w6 so/sx
Karen: ENTP 7w8 sx/so

I'm most sure on Karen because she's so exaggerated haha.
For Jack I could also see ESFP and sx/so, but he seems Si-inferior rather than Ni-inferior to me.
Grace...I'm pretty sure about ESFJ and 6w7. I could see other instincts but the fact that she lets Will make a lot of decisions for her makes me think sp-last.
Will I'm the least sure about. I'm pretty sure ISJ works for him, but I could see F too. I went with 1w9 because of how he suppresses his emotions when there's a problem with his family and how he controls his anger. His instincts I just took a wild guess on. But I think sx/so, sx/sp, and maybe sp/so can be ruled out.

What do you think [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION]?

Oh Karen. Mm...i used to love that show! ISTJ seems right for Will, and yeah I could see Grace as ExFJ...it could actually be an ENFJ/ISTJ love hate BFF but romantic disaster match, but I can see why you would say ESFJ too.

Jack definitely EXFP.

ENTP seems odd for Karen to me for some reason. Karen and Jack were my favorite characters and I think Karen and her kind of clever witty self absorption and self destruction would stereotypically seem more ESTP or ENTJ to me, I see her more as the Se weakness type, I don't see the Ne with her, but I can see the catty but charming elitism of a Promoter or Fieldmarshal. Karen is AWFUL but I always loved her and I usually don't love awful ENTP characters.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh Karen. Mm...i used to love that show! ISTJ seems right for Will, and yeah I could see Grace as ExFJ...it could actually be an ENFJ/ISTJ love hate BFF but romantic disaster match, but I can see why you would say ESFJ too.

I could see ENFJ too; there's just something about ENFJs that strike me as always composed and put together, while ESFJs seem more relatable and down-to-earth which is what I get from Grace. Not to say it can't be the other way around sometimes, but I also get Si/Ne from her rather than Ni/Se. :thinking:

ENTP seems odd for Karen to me for some reason. Karen and Jack were my favorite characters and I think Karen and her kind of clever witty self absorption and self destruction would stereotypically seem more ESTP or ENTJ to me, I see her more as the Se weakness type, I don't see the Ne with her, but I can see the catty but charming elitism of a Promoter or Fieldmarshal. Karen is AWFUL but I always loved her and I usually don't love awful ENTP characters.

Yeah, I could see ESTP too! I love Karen; I actually used to want to be her too like you said in your old post a few years back. :laugh: I said ENTP kind of impulsively just because of the whole ENTP joker archetype, but she's also definitely running things too. I just have trouble seeing her as any kind of EJ. Her character is exaggerated but she still seems so P compared to Will and Grace. And her adventures with Jack seem so Pe too. :D But yeah ESTP makes a lot of sense.

What do you say about their Enneagrams/instincts? I was having a little trouble with Will's and Grace's.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I could see ENFJ too; there's just something about ENFJs that strike me as always composed and put together, while ESFJs seem more relatable and down-to-earth which is what I get from Grace. Not to say it can't be the other way around sometimes, but I also get Si/Ne from her rather than Ni/Se. :thinking:

Yeah, I could see ESTP too! I love Karen; I actually used to want to be her too like you said in your old post a few years back. :laugh: I said ENTP kind of impulsively just because of the whole ENTP joker archetype, but she's also definitely running things too. I just have trouble seeing her as any kind of EJ. Her character is exaggerated but she still seems so P compared to Will and Grace. And her adventures with Jack seem so Pe too. :D But yeah ESTP makes a lot of sense.

What do you say about their Enneagrams/instincts? I was having a little trouble with Will's and Grace's.

Haha you saw my old post! Yah Karen was my hero in high school. I do have a tendency to admire STP wimmenz. My argument is simply that Se is her weakness versus Ne. She is overtly aware of social position not in a politically correct or sensitive way but in a way that applies to her own manipulative position. Also her weakness for alcohol and sex, and she also seems to be an overt gold digger. All of these are either Se or Te flaws, I don't see Ne or Fe so much. ESTP probably is a best guess but I didn't want to rule out being NT.

I have to think about enneagram, instincts.