• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I just watched this movie for the first time ever tonight... AND IT WAS AWESOME :wubbie:. So i searched this forum, and besides a few mentions in some threads, i couldn't find anything. So if i haven't missed something, this is now the official thread :D

Anyway, i am sure some of you have seen this movie many more times than me, so i am just going to kick things off with these three:

Amélie Poulain: INFJ/P (i've seen both mentioned for her, i leaned towards INFP in the beginning of the movie and by the end she felt more INFJ to me)
Raphaël Poulain: ISTJ (guessing, he seemed alot like my father who is an ISTJ)
Amandine Poulain: xSTJ (leaning towards I for her as well, she didn't get much time on screen)

hopefully i will not be left alone in this thread, so when somebody posts some of the other characters i'll probably contribute some more to the discussion ;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
One of my favorite films, in the top three at least. I did my final French 305 project incorporating a clip of it.

Amelie is popularly thought of as an INFJ, I believe, but I kind of see her as an INFP, myself.

I couldn't even begin to type her mother. Her father probably is an ISTJ, though.

What about the boyfriend? I'd never even thought about this so I need time to speculate.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I definitely see her as being INFP. The way that the film merges the realistic and the fantastic so seamlessly... I don't see that happening in an INFJ's mind.

For her boyfriend... ISxP? I don't know about the others. The jealous ex who talks into his tape recorder seems like an unhealthy ExTJ to me.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
She seems INFJ to me, but I'm an NT so all of you F's look pretty much the same to me.

:happy:

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
She's so into the whimsical and goofy that I lean towards INFP (I mean, an INFJ can most certainly be fun, but they tend to be a less prone to seeing their world awash with fantasy and whimsy). I also think ISFP for what's-his-face the boyfriend.

matilda

INFP: beginning (childhood)
INFJ: middle (watching herself on TV)
She seemed sensor-like at the end.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFP: beginning (childhood)
INFJ: middle (watching herself on TV)
She seemed sensor-like at the end.

She seemed sensor-like at the end?

Ns can be sensual, you know, they are human beings after all.

Besides, I'm an INFP and I have pretty decent Se.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
She is too neat and well groomed to be an INFP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I definitely see her as being INFP. The way that the film merges the realistic and the fantastic so seamlessly... I don't see that happening in an INFJ's mind.

For her boyfriend... ISxP? I don't know about the others. The jealous ex who talks into his tape recorder seems like an unhealthy ExTJ to me.

You're probably right about the boyfriend being an IS_P and the tape recorder dude being an ExTJ. Good call on those, especially tape recorder man. :wacko:

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
She is too neat and well groomed to be an INFP.

Do they all have wild hair and dress like it's still '93? I thought that was only the ones that I knew...

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Do they all have wild hair and dress like it's still '93? I thought that was only the ones that I knew...

They all kinda remind me of this:

kate_ivy.jpg

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I usually use Kate's eyes as a perfect example of the INFP eye phenomenon.

But back on topic, I believe that Amelie is INFP. Possibly even ISFP (though the whole focus on imagination, dreaminess, and love of all things novel points more towards N). She is too laid back to be INFJ. All of the INFJs I've known have been more or less intense sorts of people. More ambitious or something.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
:wubbie: I just love that movie! It's athmosphere is so unique and so dreamy! :heart:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Textbook infp, I thought while I was watching it, and I still do.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Coincidentally, I just saw this last night for the first time. I'd go with INFJ for Amelie

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ni dom and Fe not Fi. very infj. looked like an inj child to me too, sensitive and aware of the connections between things. her world isn't Fi- whether she is getting by at the two windmills, skipping stones on ponds, eating dinner alone, etc. it's a different kind of quiet sadness. a lack of connection. her epiphany woke her up and she started to extrovert again (Fe!). the whole film is about her overcoming her Ni anxiety/worry of putting herself out there, of taking risk, of being able to withstand and endure the terrifying threat of an Fe implosion if her dreams are destroyed by disillusionment and real life's disappointments, bruises, and scars.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ni dom and Fe not Fi. very infj. looked like an inj child to me too, sensitive and aware of the connections between things. her world isn't Fi- whether she is getting by at the two windmills, skipping stones on ponds, eating dinner alone, etc. it's a different kind of quiet sadness. a lack of connection. her epiphany woke her up and she started to extrovert again (Fe!). the whole film is about her overcoming her Ni anxiety/worry of putting herself out there, of taking risk, of being able to withstand and endure the terrifying threat of an Fe implosion if her dreams are destroyed by disillusionment and real life's disappointments, bruises, and scars.

I always thought she was INFJ. That's why I liked that movie so much because I admire INFJ's.