• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
infps seem like they just need pure positivity around them to blossom. they don't need to talk, they just need warmth and general support. they have to come to terms with their feelings internally, on their own.

infjs need direct, specific, intense connection to blossom. if they don't feel recognized, they don't meet others halfway, they don't lose that quiet sadness and fiercely idealistic intensity underneath the surface. don't know how to take a joke, stretch, bend, etc. they need to understand their feelings based on the outer surface, discover themselves in the connection and resistance they feel when engaged with others. they have to get their Ni out into the world to get it some feedback, realize what it is worth, how it can be used, why it is valued, etc.

infp wants their values to be valued by others, but their values already have inherent value. we infjs are trying to discover the value in our percpetions, which are what we identify as ourselves (like infp identifies the self with with Fi).

this is why the painter and the boy woke her up. along with her epiphany in which she discovered a way of connecting to the world at large and the people within it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
infps seem like they just need pure positivity around them to blossom. they don't need to talk, they just need warmth and general support. they have to come to terms with their feelings internally, on their own.

the more I read stuff like this, the more I'm really starting to suspect that I'm actually an eNFP

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you kinda seem more Ne dom energy than Fi dom energy.

infps can be really strong and confrontational, just not all the time. they pick and choose their battles, and if they are just in the mood to be difficult, it will probably be a bit more passive aggressive and sneaky clever than in-your-face.

i would be interested to know more about the correlations between 4w3 and infp. i usually think of 3 as more of an exxp type or perhaps an ixtp type if 3w2.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
you kinda seem more Ne dom energy than Fi dom energy.

infps can be really strong and confrontational, just not all the time. they pick and choose their battles, and if they are just in the mood to be difficult, it will probably be a bit more passive aggressive and sneaky clever than in-your-face.

i would be interested to know more about the correlations between 4w3 and infp. i usually think of 3 as more of an exxp type or perhaps an ixtp type if 3w2.

I like to debate, and sometimes the confrontation is just my sense of humor, which very well could be Ne. Passive-aggressive is not me, no not so much.

I just always thought was "I" because I need so much space and time alone to recharge, etc. But I'm extremely expressive, and like to talk things out.

In Socionics apparently I'm an ENFp.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
of course i'm just throwing out ideas.

most enps need some space and time alone to recharge. the ones who get in touch with this need usually have their shit together better than those that don't. enps need the grounding process of getting in touch with their values (Fi or Ti). just like i need the lifting lightening process of Fe to get me out of my perpetual thoughts and the ruts that they dig.

the idea of extroverted and introverted means many things, but in terms of functional analysis balance is helpful to be inner directed and outwardly flexible. good core strength.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
of course i'm just throwing out ideas.

most enps need some space and time alone to recharge. the ones who get in touch with this need usually have their shit together better than those that don't. enps need the grounding process of getting in touch with their values (Fi or Ti). just like i need the lifting lightening process of Fe to get me out of my perpetual thoughts and the ruts that they dig.

the idea of extroverted and introverted means many things, but in terms of functional analysis balance is helpful to be inner directed and outwardly flexible. good core strength.

I've heard that ENFP is the "introverted extrovert" and that makes my ears perk up. I've been discussing this already with someone else recently, and I'm starting to seriously consider that I'm not a true INFP.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
both enp types are often called this. it is a sign of growth. that they are going to use their skills in a more directed and purposeful way.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I don't feel this is true of INFPs, at least not me. Sometimes I need to discuss all the options outloud with someone, engaging my Ne, so that Fi has less info to sort through. Unlike Ni, we see all the options but may not narrow them down so well. It can be overwhelming and so we need someone to bounce the ideas off of. It's very helpful for me to get confirmation that I am on the right track, since my values can be so personal, and hey, they aren't always correct. I also need a verbal kick in the butt to take action sometimes, as the old man gave Amelie to pursue Nino.

I can see both INFP and INFJ in Amelie. I think being a character, she is not one definite type. She seems to have the Fi righteous anger bubbling inside and the outward Ne randomness at times. I also see Ni and Fe at times too though.

the whole film is about her overcoming her Ni anxiety/worry of putting herself out there, of taking risk, of being able to withstand and endure the terrifying threat of an Fe implosion if her dreams are destroyed by disillusionment and real life's disappointments, bruises, and scars.

I think this could be any INFx, minus the attributions of the feelings and fear to functions.

As for her appearance, well I am generally very neatly groomed. My style can be quirky, but I'm not one for an unkempt appearance. I probably lean towards the high maintenance side for a woman, as far as grooming/style goes. Her neat apartment probably says stereotypical J, but then it is a movie, and that can be the vision of the set designers.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the science of sleep is another film that has a similarly infj character, tho he's more petulant and thom yorkeish with awful Fe implosions.

in both of these characters, i find infj imagination is less focused on what is in front of you and more focused on weird leaps in their own imagination. Ne is more focused on creating a feeling within an extraverted construct outside of you. infjs have another stage of translation, but they have another staging area for playing around with connections representationally and testing out what it would feel like to wear each one. it loses its balance when telling a story way more, why they have such different styles as singer songwriters vs Ne + Fi or vice versa, etc.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I loved the movie too! So did the most people I know, except for my father and my grandmother, they didn't get it. I think Amelie is a INFP, her father (who reminds me a lot of my own father) could be ISTJ or INTJ, her mother seems like a ISxJ to me.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ I think her dad is a total ISTJ. :yes:

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I always thought she was INFJ. That's why I liked that movie so much because I admire INFJ's.

Me too. I just watched it again last night. I think she's an INFJ because she gets a lot of enjoyment from the small things in life that everyone else fails to notice. Also she is busy throughout the film interacting in people's lives around her to make them better, but in an indirect way so that they're not aware of her influence. This seems *very* INFJ to me.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Me too. I just watched it again last night. I think she's an INFJ because she gets a lot of enjoyment from the small things in life that everyone else fails to notice. Also she is busy throughout the film interacting in people's lives around her to make them better, but in an indirect way so that they're not aware of her influence. This seems *very* INFJ to me.

totally agree, also the way she just vigilantly goes into that guy's apartment and fucks about with all his things seem very INFJ to me

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Another vote for INFJ. She's strong on the Ni, which gives her the outer impression of a P. Ni is all about placing yourself in someone else's shoes, seeing the diverse sides of the same object. Amelie doesn't appear to be much of a Fi user as she's consistently putting her energy into creating an external harmony, making other people happy. I could almost imagine that if we were to ask what she desired for herself, she'd probably struggle to find the right words.

*Ni: internally perceiving the environment; not judging the information. (Example: People watching.)
*Fe: implementing Ni's visions. (Example: Fixing people's lives to her interpretation of what it should be. Creating order out of chaos.)

And I second the_state_i_am in's posts. :cool: :yes:

(Music! :D)
[YOUTUBE=aip3836VtZ0]Yann Tiersen - La Valse d'Amelie[/YOUTUBE]

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always hated that film. Too silly, too boring, too fool of stupid feelings, unbearable.:D
I just remember that Amelie is an INFJ. She'has defenitely Se in inferior: does'nt trust her instincts, extremely chaste, does'nt live in the present moment. And she has Ni and Fe in dominant and auxillary, she runs her own life to help other peoples according to her own vision, but that does'nt fill in her inferior Se.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ Haha. When Ni is working without Se, perceptions become exceedingly unusual and disconnected from the moment; Ne at least has the E to ground itself down. Amelie is no doubt living in a different world than the rest of the population. (This explains how she can see what others don't.) Other types can do the same, but it's out of individuality (Fi) or searching for the ultimate logic (Ti).

Her desire to deeply connect with the community (Fe) is incredibly hindered by her peculiar sight (Ni) and as you said, detachment of reality (inferior Se). She spends most of the film struggling with an insatiable loneliness. Fi would be more satisfied on its own.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
she doesn't just help others.

she has never deeply connected with another person. and she is afraid of taking risks in which she would get hurt. she has no support structure and feels very alone. she has a beautiful vision and amazing imagination, but no outlet until she has her epiphany. this jostles her and moves her into more and more challenging situations, in which she finally meets someone with whom she can tango HER way, which involves connecting with N, Fe, and Ti before the prerequisites for Se are completed.

for infjs connecting and extraverting lean far more heavily on Fe than Se. that is how they communicate first and foremost. and with the guy she meets, she finally realizes she with him she CAN.

Yustian

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I 100% agree with all explanation of the state i am in . Yeah..Amelie absolutely 100% is an INFJ. c'est très vrai ^_^

Sunny Ghost

i'm curious why everyone immediately disregarded amelie as a sensing type versus an intuitive type. although i can validly see her as an INFP or an INFJ... i just wondered why ISFP was never a consideration. she seeks many of life's little pleasures: skips stones, takes in the sites and smells of paris, photographs the clouds, gets pleasure from sinking her hand into the bag of beans... she's also a little deviant with those she considers to be of lower moral standing. she enjoys people watching and inquiring. sure, she retreats into her imagination, but she also knows how to live in the present and enjoys life's little treats.

YouTube - Amelie - helping a blind man