• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stephen Colbert

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Plenty of threads have been made about this.

Anyhow, I seriously doubt he's ENTP. When people give him that type, I wonder, are they thinking of Colbert while he's performing, or when he's being himself?

The real, sincere, Stephen Colbert doesn't strike me as an ENTP at all.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Oh god. What now? Do I have to watch some past episodes? My guess is ESFJ. They can be quite vicious if you get on the wrong side of them. Such is the burden of not being a "Yes-man".

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
No way is he an ENTP. I saw an episode with that atheist writer (can't remember who ... Dawkins, maybe?). You could see Stephen bristling just under the surface.

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
INTP or INFP.

His in-character persona is totally ESTJ.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
INTP or INFP.

He's an actor on camera.

How often does he talk about his real self? It's all an act. He's a total introvert, you can tell by the vibes.

NT or NF, I'm not sure because we don't know the actual guy that well.

He's most likely a P. Spontaneous, scattered, cynical, and witty. He is most likely an INFP or INTP.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he's an F (the real person).

Yes, quite possibly. It was when I saw him on Charlie Rose that I first noticed how incredibly different the real man is from the showmen.

So INFP, maybe even INFJ. I'd still grant INTP as possible, but definitely not ENTP. If one thing is sure to me, the guy is very Introverted.

He's a Sunday school teacher, too! No joke!

heart

heart on fire
What does that have to do with being INFP? :huh:

In my opinion, INFJ too serious minded and more reverent to be that impish. (That's not a criticism!) INFP more often a pot stirrer for the sake of shaking things up to make people react.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
INFP isn't a bad guess. He seems distinctly introverted when not performing, and I can see an NF quality to him. SO bizarre to think about in relation to his character, though.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In my opinion, INFJ too serious minded and more reverent to be that impish. (That's not a criticism!) INFP more often a pot stirrer for the sake of shaking things up.

Well, in qualitative analysis, I don't know why that would be the case. The only thing I could figure is that maybe Fe iwould make someone too afraid to disturb the environment?

But then in quantitative analysis, I have found INFJs can be pretty ridiculous. My brother is a good example of a highly irreverent INFJ. Further more, if it had to do with Fe, it wouldn't explain why ENFJs, who are more Fe oriented, can be so wacky and rabble-rousing. (which I have found many to be). So I have not noticed the trend myself.

heart

heart on fire
Well, in qualitative analysis, I don't know why that would be the case. The only thing I could figure is that maybe Fe iwould make someone too afraid to disturb the environment?

But then in quantitative analysis, I have found INFJs can be pretty ridiculous. My brother is a good example of a highly irreverent INFJ. Further more, if it had to do with Fe, it wouldn't explain why ENFJs, who are more Fe oriented, can be so wacky and rabble-rousing. (which I have found many to be). So I have not noticed the trend myself.

No, I wouldn't place it on Fe verses Fi. It's more about feeling dom with thinking in the basement verses being an INFJ with Ti being in the teritary childlike position, lents a more serious minded persona. INFP has Si in the playful slot. ENFJ has Se there. Play with the enviroment and other's perceptions rather than playing with thoughts and concepts.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
He's not an extrovert. If you dig up his history...he's an introvert who literally forced himself into extroversion. He's the introverted geek who managed to find his niche.

I'd go with INTP...6w5 so/sp

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
For what it's worth, note his obsession with nerd hobbies. He knows Tolkien's mythology to a rather disturbing depth; he keeps up on the latest videogames; he knows reams about Star Trek.

It's not just familiarity. This is real INxP info-drowning.

heart

heart on fire
^ Doesn't everyone base their life philosophy on one of the Star Trek series, whichever one suits them best? :huh: