• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stephen Colbert

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Damn, didn't realize, I guess he is a distinct introvert then.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ Doesn't everyone base their life philosophy on one of the Star Trek series, whichever one suits them best? :huh:

What are you talking about? The disbelieve in no-win scenarios just happens to be intrinsic to my being. :D

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Ive always kind ov leaned towards INTP just because of his ability to disect what people say and do, but I can definitly see INFP.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've always typed him as an INTx, but I wasn't sure which one. Recently I've concluded he's INTJ.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't think he's a J. He's said that his favorite parts of his show are the interviews and anything involving improv -- the scripted stuff isn't as exciting for him. I think he's much more spontaneous than a planner.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Agree with a lot of what's been said, but I don't think INFP.

I've not been watching his show long (not that that's going to be very informative anyway, as there's a large team of writers) but based on interviews, background and his work schedule (which would kill an INFP in my opinion - constantly engaging with and leading various groups for the whole working day, including very high energy pre-show audience interaction), I'd be surprised if he weren't ENFP.

Why do people think he's introverted? If it's because of all the reading he used to do, I think that's quite normal for ENFPs, especially unhappy or socially isolated teenage ENFPs. Even some happy ones with plenty of friends read quite a lot of fiction, as I remember from school (assuming I'm right about what their type was...)

See this playlist of clips from a Paley Center interview. He seems quite talkative to me, more so than Stewart. More visibly excitable and reactive than INFPs are, too.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In fact, nevermind that, I don't think you even need to see him in a group. The way people talk in one-on-one situations can give them away as well. Pick any interview on Youtube, and he always seems to be thinking out loud, not considering it privately first. And more subjectively, am I the only one to just get much more of an ENFP vibe than an INFP one? Like here.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Good examples. Yeah from those clips, he seems like an extrovert. In fact, I could definitely see him as ENFP.