• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mad Men

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know. But I do know there's other characters in that show who would be more comfortable with openly living an eccentric lifestyle. And there were also people like that as far back as the 1920's, maybe even earlier.

That's why I believe it's type related.

Apparently Sal disappeared in the third season and never came back? :unsure:

he got fired because he wouldn't have sex with the lucky strike guy, and last they show of him he's calling his wife from a pay phone in a park saying hes working late with lots of young men standing around.i hoped they were gonna hire him back when they started the new agency but they didn't :(

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's creepy. I don't like that end. They at least need to give us an idea of where he ended up. This is television, not film noir.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate this show. I dunno, is it satire? The punchline takes too long.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You have to stand outside of the misogyny and see the show for what it actually is...a realistic examination of human beings in their particular situations during the time period.

I guess some people can't get past that.

Then again, I hate all sorts of TV shows. I just happen to love this one.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You have to stand outside of the misogyny and see the show for what it actually is...a realistic examination of human beings in their particular situations during the time period.

I guess I just don't see the point of it. As far as "period pieces" go, it's immaculately done. But it's fucking dull and the characters are appallingly unsympathetic. I just stopped caring once I realised it wasn't going anywhere that I wanted to go.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not satire -- I wish it were, sometimes, when I'm watching it. It's extremely true to life at that time and even later, depending on where you lived.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Mad Men Types....

Hi

Not posted for a while but interested to see what folks think of he different Mad Men characters? If there is another thread sorry I did search for it, but turned up nothing.....

Don Draper
Peggy Olson
Pete Campbell
Betty Draper
Joan Harris
Ken Cosgrove
Roger Sterling
Sally Draper
Bertram Cooper
Salvatore Romano
Paul Kinsey
Trudy Campbell
Lane Pryce
Harry Crane

These are the main characters.... guessing given it's Ad land, that there will be a whole lot of E types

Lis :)

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don Draper: istp
Peggy Olson: infj
Pete Campbell: entj, but i find him very hard to type
Betty Draper: isfp
Joan Harris: esfj
Ken Cosgrove: ??
Roger Sterling: esfp
Sally Draper: enfp
Bertram Cooper: intj
Salvatore Romano
Paul Kinsey: entp
Trudy Campbell: esfj
Lane Pryce: isfj
Harry Crane: intp

hmm, who else.. i think megan might be enfj.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
Don Draper: My immediate response was ENTJ though ISTP is a possibility. Definitely not INTJ; do you really see inferior Se? Inferior Fe or Fi is more fitting.
Peggy Olson: INTJ? I can see INFJ to some extent, but at certain moments she seems so detached from her personal values and relationships. Definitely see Te and Fi, and she doesn't seem xNFP or ENTJ.
Betty Draper: ISFJ
Joan Harris: xSTx
Ken Cosgrove: weirdly developed character. no idea.
Roger Sterling: ESxP, leaning towards ESFP because of the whole LSD experience (and he reminds me of Clinton)
Sally Draper: ENFP
Bertram Cooper: ENFJ
Salvatore Romano: INFJ?
Paul Kinsey: ENTP
Lane Pryce: ISFJ
Harry Crane: ? also a weirdly developed character. Could be a highly unusual INTP

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some of the typings in this thread are fucking terrible.

Don Draper - ENTJ
Peggy Olson - IFJ (could go either way re: N/S)
Pete Campbell - Not sure. He's got a deviance and occasional moments of surprising insight that make me think he's some sort of TP.
Betty Draper - ISFP
Joan Harris - ENFJ
Ken Cosgrove - Not sure. Leaning towards ISTP.
Roger Sterling - ESTP
Bertram Cooper - Not sure. Probably ESTJ.
Salvatore Romano - ENFP
Paul Kinsey - ENTP
Trudy Campbell - SFJ
Harry Crane - Not sure, but probably ISTJ if I had to guess.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp

Don Draper - ENTJ
Pete Campbell - Not sure. He's got a deviance and occasional moments of surprising insight that make me think he's some sort of TP.
Betty Draper - ISFP
Joan Harris - ENFJ
Roger Sterling - ESTP
Salvatore Romano - ENFP
Paul Kinsey - ENTP
Trudy Campbell - SFJ

I agree with most of these, but why ISFP for Betty and ENFJ for Joan?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with most of these, but why ISFP for Betty and ENFJ for Joan?

I thought Joan being Fe-dom was very apparent, but I didn't decide on her being ENFJ for a while. Fe is pretty aggressive in the dominant position. Dom Fe-users in my experience set definite expectations around propriety and social norms, and have no qualms with enforcing those expectations with brute force if necessary. The way in which she exerts herself says Je>Ji, and the sphere in which she does it says Fe>Te. My case for Ni over Si aux is a bit flimsier. It's more to do with how she presents herself, and the sense I get that her understanding of the world is much more rooted in how things are and might be (Ni/Se) vs how things have always been (Si/Ne).

Betty I think is ISFP for a couple of reasons. More than anything she's very reactionary. ISFJs, even at their lowest point, are still fairly calculated people. Betty seems to be most guided by her internal state and personal sense of rightness. As a result, she does some odd shit sometimes (see: her relationship with Glen Bishop) that I just don't see an Si dom getting mixed up in.

S

Stansmith

Season 5-6 characters

Ted Chaough - ENFJ 3w2 (sw2w1) - 6w5 - 9w?

Jim Cutler - ENTJ 3w4 (sw4w5) - 7w8 - 8w9

Stan Rizzo - ESTP 7w8(sw8w9) - 9w8 - 3w4

Michael Ginsberg - ENFP 6w7 (sw5w6) - 4w3 - 1w?

Megan Draper - ENFJ 2w3 - 6w7 - 9w?

Megan's dad - INTJ 5w4 or 6w5

Megan's mom - ENFJ 4w3

Bob Benson - ESFJ 3w2 (sw4w3) - 7w6 - 9w1

Sally Draper - I'm seeing INTJ or INFJ, probably 6w5

New (flanderized) Harry Crane - ENxP 6w5 (sw7w6) - 3w4 - ?w?

New Ken Cosgrove - ISFP 9, 7w6 or 6w7

Peggy's Hippie Ex - ENFP 1?

Sylvia Rosen - IxFP or INFJ 4w3

Dr. Rosen - ExTx 6w5

Megan's crazy producer friend - ENFP 4w3

S

Stansmith

OG cast (with subwings)

Don Draper - ISTP 9w1(sw8w9) - 3w4 - 5w? ; Peace, harmony and tranquility>>>Success for Don. He's pretty lazy, uninterested and whimsy most of the time

Roger Sterling - ESTP 7w8(sw6w7) - 3w4 - 8w7

Bert Cooper - INTJ 5w4(sw4w3) - 4w3 - 1w9

Pete Campbell - ESTJ 6w7(sw7w8) - 3w2 - 8w?

Joan Holloway - ESFx 2w3(sw3w4) - 7w6 - ?w?

Betty Draper - ISFP 9w1(sw8w9)

Paul Kinsey - ENFP 7w6(sw8w7) - 4w3 - 1w?

Salvatore Romano - INFJ 4w3(sw5w4)

Jimmy Barrett - ENTP 6w5(sw5w4)

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just started this show a month ago. I am now obsessed and had to dig up this thread haha.
Anyways.

Don Draper - ENTJ
Betty Draper - ISFP
Joan Harris - ENFJ
Roger Sterling - ESTP
Salvatore Romano - ENFP
Paul Kinsey - ENTP
Trudy Campbell - SFJ

I agree with a lot of this, but I would say Kinsey comes off as more of an ENFP, and Cosgrove as more of an ESTP. And I'll just be daring and say for INFJ for Peggy. Also, Cooper definitely seems INTx to me. I'd say Trudy might be ESFJ.

As for Don, I think 'ENTJ' is just what he's trying to project to the world. I believe he's a definite introvert. Probably INTJ. I feel like he and Cooper are kind of similar. I know in one episode Cooper says he believes the same thing.

Also, I believe you're right about Pete. I think he's an ENTP of some sort.

S

Stansmith

Coop is INFJ 5w4. I don't know if its the actor that plays him, but he has this subtle endearing-ness and likeability to him that seeps out at times which reminds me of INFJs. He comes off as more laissez-faire in his approach than domineering.

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Coop is INFJ 5w4. I don't know if its the actor that plays him, but he has this subtle endearing-ness and likeability to him that seeps out at times which reminds me of INFJs. He comes off as more laissez-faire in his approach than domineering.

Oh man, yeah I see it. Reminds me a bit of my dad sometimes haha. Dad also goes back and forth between INFJ and INTJ on tests. INFJ sounds like a good fit for Cooper. All I know is ESTJ just didn't sit right with me, to say the least haha.

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see that, but I can also see some INFJ in her. I'm almost completely positive she's INFx, though.

Stansmith, what made you go with the SJ temperament for Pete over NT? He's probably the hardest character for me to type for some reason.