• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Seinfeld Characters

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Se is not scatterbrained or sloppy. That's Ne.

He does exhibit very "in the moment" impulsive behavior at times. Like when he's in the Hamptons and he finds the lobster trap full of lobster. He sees lobster so he takes them. Still think he is N though, because his prime focus is in the realm of his ideas instead of his personal space.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
He does exhibit very "in the moment" impulsive behavior at times. Like when he's in the Hamptons and he finds the lobster trap full of lobster. He sees lobster so he takes them. Still think he is N though, because his prime focus is in the realm of his ideas instead of his personal space.

Yeah, but also that "in the moment" activity is likely evidence of his P (perceiving). NP spontaneity.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
The actor Jerry Seinfeld is typed as INFJ (he's a writer). The character in the show might be something else, but ISTP doesn't seem to make sense to me.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hahaha watching the episode where George basically turns ENFP for an episode and becomes very successful all of a sudden by "ignoring every basic impulse of common sense" he's ever had. (Take that, Si!)

Here are my reads:

Jerry - ESFP
Elaine - INTP
Kramer - ENtP
George - ESTJ

These are pretty tough, though...Jerry especially, because I feel like his character in the show is subtly different from his real life personality. In real life he seems more like an ENTP, but he seems to be trying to play a calm, sensible ISFJ type, which ends up filtering through his Pe dominant personality and comes out looking something like ESFP to me...but I might very well be wrong.

Thoughts...anybody have them?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Here are my reads:

Jerry - ESFP
Elaine - INTP
Kramer - ENtP
George - ESTJ

These are pretty tough, though...Jerry especially, because I feel like his character in the show is subtly different from his real life personality. In real life he seems more like an ENTP, but he seems to be trying to play a calm, sensible ISFJ type, which ends up filtering through his Pe dominant personality and comes out looking something like ESFP to me...but I might very well be wrong.

No way is Jerry an ESFP. The only thing he has in common with an ESFP is the S.

I actually watched the show closely last night to try and analyze them, and here's what I get:

Jerry - ISTJ
George - ENtP
Elaine - ISFJ
Kramer - ENTP

Elaine's an introvert, she hates hanging out with people she doesn't know, she reminds me a whole lot of an ISFJ that I know.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ I don't see S or F for Elaine at all. She's always off in her own head and not very interested in being supportive to others or the group at all.

Where do you get ENTP for George?

And ISTJ for Jerry? Where's the Te? Or the Si, for that matter?

heart

heart on fire
Elaine's an introvert, she hates hanging out with people she doesn't know, she reminds me a whole lot of an ISFJ that I know.

The character is played too always energetic and bubbly to be introvert. An E or I either one can have social anxieties, but the difference between E and I is energy. jmo.

R

Riva

The character is played too always energetic and bubbly to be introvert. An E or I either one can have social anxieties, but the difference between E and I is energy. jmo.

^ true that.
she is way too energetic to be a I.
it's easy to type people based on energy display when they are with others.

Hahaha watching the episode where George basically turns ENFP for an episode and becomes very successful all of a sudden by "ignoring every basic impulse of common sense" he's ever had. (Take that, Si!)

Here are my reads:

Jerry - ESFP
Elaine - INTP
Kramer - ENtP
George - ESTJ

you still suck at typing people don't you?
last time it was star trek. this time it's this.:devil:

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6

What about people who have an energy display with others that varies? Depending on when others see me, I could be typed as an E or mistyped as an I.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
What about people who have an energy display with others that varies? Depending on when others see me, I could be typed as an E or mistyped as an I.

N-dominants are the hardest to type based on energy. ENxP's can often appear introverted, while INxJ's can often appear extraverted. Yeah, we N-dominants are crazy like that.

Also I just want to add that I find this thread hilarious, because the types we have come up with collectively for these characters is all over the place. It's like we can't even narrow down there type to one or two letters lol. Is Jerry an INTJ or an ESFP lol? :D

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
N-dominants are the hardest to type based on energy. ENxP's can often appear introverted, while INxJ's can often appear extraverted. Yeah, we N-dominants are crazy like that.

Actually, I looked at it as the Get-Things-Going types appear introverted while the Chart-the-Course types appear extroverted.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

I already answered that question earlier in the thread. Try to pay attention. ;)

In short, he is always categorizing and labeling everything, based on his past experience. He's not spontaneous, he's the one that's always asking the others what the plan or schedule is, and he isn't happy when something throws off the plan. Everyone else bursts in on his place, not the other way around.

heart

heart on fire
N-dominants are the hardest to type based on energy. ENxP's can often appear introverted, while INxJ's can often appear extraverted. Yeah, we N-dominants are crazy like that...

Her character is like always bubbly. INxJ may be able to appear extraverted but they will fall flat enough to show the introversion.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
^ I don't see S or F for Elaine at all. She's always off in her own head and not very interested in being supportive to others or the group at all.

The F is there with the sensitivity, and the fact that she has emotional highs and lows.

Where do you get ENTP for George?

ENTP for George: I was actually stuck with ENxP too. I can definitely see the dominant Ne. Potentially I could see him as ENFP, but he fits the ENTP profile more than the ENFP one.

ISTJ for Jerry - most of the time he's in his home either alone or with his close friends, definitely not extrovert behavior. The Te is evident because he's categorizing relationships. The Fi is evident because he has a certain set of values that he compares things to (mainly in relationships). Very orderly (just look at his apartment - it never changed appearance). He always planned his stand-up, often bouncing ideas off people's heads. The F? - I don't know where that's from. Very simple, straightforward, level-headed... He's ISTJ all the way.

She's bubbly and energetic around her close friends. Any introvert can be like that. I'm not saying she's socially anxious, because she's definitely not. Just that she's not energetic or enthusiastic around others, and she's not willing to change. An extrovert is generally quite comfortable in the company of other people (besides their close friends and family), and many times seeks to enjoy the company of those others. Elaine does not do this.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
To both: Can you explain Jerry as ISTP?

To be fair- looking at this thread again.. I don't think I can explain Jerry as ISTP too well.

You make some solid arguments for him being ISTJ and I can consider him to be one! As an ISTJ yourself, you'd probably have an especially good idea on who is your own type.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ true that.
she is way too energetic to be a I.

you still suck at typing people don't you?
last time it was star trek. this time it's this.:devil:

It helps when the people are real people and not fictional characters designed for a sitcom about nothing, wouldn't you say?

Come to think of it, Seinfeld is particularly tough because the characters are all just SO absurd.

There's no consensus on this at all, apparently.

heart

heart on fire
She's bubbly and energetic around her close friends. Any introvert can be like that. I'm not saying she's socially anxious, because she's definitely not. Just that she's not energetic or enthusiastic around others, and she's not willing to change. An extrovert is generally quite comfortable in the company of other people (besides their close friends and family), and many times seeks to enjoy the company of those others. Elaine does not do this.

But they wouldn't be bubbly and cheerful consistantly all the time. That's the part everyone misses. An extrovert with social anxiety wouldn't be comfortable around strangers. Comfort with strangers is not the point between I and E.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
But they wouldn't be bubbly and cheerful consistantly all the time. That's the part everyone misses. An extrovert with social anxiety wouldn't be comfortable around strangers. Comfort with strangers is not the point between I and E.

I see what you're saying, but I just don't see her as a socially anxious extrovert. She doesn't seem shy, just unwilling to socialize with her colleagues or others. It almost does seem like she gets drained from communication, it's a tough call though.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Her character is like always bubbly. INxJ may be able to appear extraverted but they will fall flat enough to show the introversion.

Oh I agree with you. I think she's definitely an extravert. I had simply gotten off topic. :)

heart

heart on fire
Oh I agree with you. I think she's definitely an extravert. I had simply gotten off topic. :)

:D, I do that too.

I see what you're saying, but I just don't see her as a socially anxious extrovert. She doesn't seem shy, just unwilling to socialize with her colleagues or others. It almost does seem like she gets drained from communication, it's a tough call though.

It seems like she imagines people are always judging her and she's defensively contemptuous of people in response and not wanting to deal with them because she's afraid of being judged as saying or doing the wrong thing. If that's not some form of social anxiety, I don't know what is.