• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Seinfeld Characters

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Can anyone tell me the types of the main characters on Seinfeld?

Last edited by a moderator:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jerry plays more like a mild-mannered, self-structured ISTJ, but in real life he's more INTJ, I think.
Kramer is some sort of EFP, probably.
Elaine's an IxxJ?
George has neurotic tendencies like an ISTJ, but he's not the same as Jerry so I have no idea what he is supposed to be. Could he be a male ISFJ?

The problem is that they are all such cliches, they don't really type well. They all just play particular roles in the "comedy machine" that is the show.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lenore Thompson has typed George as an INTP - interestingly enough.

This is one area in her book where I thought she was way off base.

George is neurotic, and his Ne seems to be a product of his neurosis, NOT one of his primary functions. For ISxJ, Ne is the inferior; and if you examine each one of George's schemes, they seem like Ne gone wild. And this would make sense if you look at his parents, who basically have taken all of his fears, given him an unstable home, made him feel inadequate, and undermined both his Si world as well as any Te or Fe behavior he has tried to utilize in his relationships. Dropping down to his inferior to "save himself" seems quite likely to me, and the sheer grandiosity of his Ne is really his only means of connection with his crazy overbearing father.

He's very S in his actual sensibilities. An INTP generally would have laughed at his schemes as mostly stupid or illogical, nor would an INTP even bother with trying to implement most of them. You see a lot of pointless activity by George in his life, and attempts to woo and win people over; an INTP is more liable to just withdraw completely and not care. George needs to make things concrete and operate in the physical world; hence, S.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Question for you, Jen.

Is Opposite George more like an INTP?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Question for you, Jen.
Is Opposite George more like an INTP?

Geessh. I don't even remember what Bizarro George [is that what you meant?] was like...!

Or just the opposite of George?

I don't see George as truly philosophical or imaginative, and his inclinations usually revolve around concrete plans and schemes and social prestige and false impressions (he's a "playah"). And he lacks so much foresight that his plans always fail.

An INTP would be more apt to have carefully reasoned plans that would have both its strengths and weaknesses clearly calculated (George fails to see the holes in his plans)... and an INTP would be less apt to try to implement his plans.

George also seems to operate within the social system, rather than apart from it. INTPs are very prone to complaining about society and how stupid its ideals are; George only complains because he is not being "given his fair shake" by society, and he strives to gain what society says is good. So he plays within the rules/mindset.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Opposite George - when he desides that every gut instinct he's had is wrong so he does the exact opposite of that, and becomes wildly successful.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Opposite George - when he desides that every gut instinct he's had is wrong so he does the exact opposite of that, and becomes wildly successful.

OH! Darn, I forgot all about that -- I loved that episode! (Was that the same one where Jerry was being "Even Steven"?)

And at the end is when George proposed to his gf and got engaged.

I don't know what the heck George was then. I don't think he was being INTP, because he was far too active. He merely was following yet another rule. But it was so funny.

Entropy

MBTI Type
INTP
I see Kramer as being a potential ENTP simply for his quirky behavior, his ability to make connections followed by absurd conclusions or some sort of idea he pulled seemingly out of thin air. He has a sort of "mad scientist" vibe about him which sort of adheres to the stereotype of the ENTP.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am not a watcher of the show, but whenever I've seen Kramer, he was definitely ENxP.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Jerry - ISTP
Elaine - ESTJ
Kramer - ENTP (or possibly ENFP)
George - George is a weird one, because the character is based on Larry David, an INFJ, but Jason Alexander plays him a little differently. So I think he's some sort of a hybrid between INFJ and maybe ESFP. If I had to stick one type on him I'd say INFJ since they tend to display a variety of personality traits anyway.

Andy K Octopus

MBTI Type
INFJ
Can anyone tell me the types of the main characters on Seinfeld?

I don't know the exact types, MBTI style but I would reckon to guess their Keirsey temperments

Jerry --- SJ. He is the most conventional, concerned with the most concrete issues of all three. He has a well developed J function, considering his obsessive orderliness. He is the most stable of all the major characters. Probably an XSTJ

George --- George is an NF. He is extremely emotional and prone to the most bizarre ideas. In fact George is prone to episodes of extreme irrationality, which I can see as an NF trait. (his emotions and his abstract thoughts form a volatile mix, a caricature of many NFs) As an NF, I can see George being the most like myself (while most things George does are not similar to my own actions, I can identify with his cognitive process the best. Type is probably an ENFP or INFP

Elaine --- SP. I don't know how to explain this one as well as the others, but Elaine seems to be interested in concrete issues, but is far more flexible in dealing with things than jerry, who shows a very J like obsession with insignificant details. Elaine does get caught up in some of that, but overall she seems much more "go with the flow" than jerry. ESFP or ISFP

Kramer---an NT. He definetly has what one poster called the "mad scientist" vibe about him, and functions on a plane that few of us can understand. He is almost surely an INTP

Newman --- SP. ISFP?

Puddy--- ISFJ?

Andy K Octopus

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't know the exact types, MBTI style but I would reckon to guess their Keirsey temperments

Jerry --- SJ. He is the most conventional, concerned with the most concrete issues of all three. He has a well developed J function, considering his obsessive orderliness. He is the most stable of all the major characters. Probably an XSTJ

George --- George is an NF. He is extremely emotional and prone to the most bizarre ideas. In fact George is prone to episodes of extreme irrationality, which I can see as an NF trait. (his emotions and his abstract thoughts form a volatile mix, a caricature of many NFs) As an NF, I can see George being the most like myself (while most things George does are not similar to my own actions, I can identify with his cognitive process the best. Type is probably an ENFP or INFP

Elaine --- SP. I don't know how to explain this one as well as the others, but Elaine seems to be interested in concrete issues, but is far more flexible in dealing with things than jerry, who shows a very J like obsession with insignificant details. Elaine does get caught up in some of that, but overall she seems much more "go with the flow" than jerry. ESFP or ISFP

Kramer---an NT. He definetly has what one poster called the "mad scientist" vibe about him, and functions on a plane that few of us can understand. He is almost surely an INTP

Newman --- SP. ISFP?

Puddy--- ISFJ?

I would like to revise these:

Jerry --- SJ. Most likely an ESTJ or an ISTJ.

George --- NF, fo sho. ENFX, probably

Elaine --- ISFP

Kramer --- INTP

Newman --- ISTP or ISFP

David Puddy --- ISTJ

Frank Costanza --- ENFX.

George's Mom --- some SJ combination

Jerry's parents --- both SJ

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Kramer is definately an improvisor (EXTRAVERTED SENSING, not intuition).

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
George is an ST. He strikes me as ESTP. He is the stereotypical con artist. There is no way he is an NF. He looks for meaning in life? Nah. He really seems like an extrovert to me. Since when does he spend time alone reflecting? You can't scrape him off with a spatula.

Regarding George's ability to morph to his environment and display different kinds of fronts, that is part and parcel of the ESTP. They are especially gifted at reading external signals, and adapting themselves in the moment to spontaneously fit the requirements of the concrete world.

I agree Kramer is an ENtP

Elaine also seems extroverted to me, but I have a hard time typing her.

ygolo

My termites win

This episode is just on. It's hillarious.

Royal Xavier

MBTI Type
INXP
I think Jerry might be an ENTJ; Kramer is most likely an ENFP; Elaine is probably an ENTJ like Jerry; and George is pretty much a mess lol, I have no idea what he could be.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Jerry - INTJ
George - INFP
Elaine - ESFP
Kramer - ESTP

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Kramer is ENTP if I've ever seen one. Kramerica Industries, the oil bladder, "the Beach" cologne, the Bro... only an ENTP would consistently try to implement his crazy ideas upon the world like that. He never struck me as a feeler either. And a sensor? HA! He's so haphazard and bumps into everything. No way.