• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Arnold from Hey Arnold!

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most lists have him as INFP, which I don't quite accept.

Good to hear a different suggestion.

Edit: So most people don't agree with your ESFJ. What led you to that choice?

Last edited:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
No way Arnold's extroverted. He's an introvert. Also pretty deep. I would say ISFP.

And this should be in the Popular Culture forum.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some sort of IFP. I haven't seen that show in forever... Not sure about S or N.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
wow, i used to love this show!

I always thought he was sort of INFJish but i could INFP/ISFP

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
Arnold doesn't seem like an ESFJ. His crush (Lila) might have been an E/ISFJ though.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
total ESFJ

No way, Arnold is a clear INFP.

Helga is ENTJ, Gerald is ESFP, that obnoxious Harold character is a super sensitive ISFP with a lot of growing up to do.

Atomic Fiend

Lila? You mean Ruth McDougal? Ruth was introverted.

Someone doesn't know what they are talking about. Surprise, surprise.

Lila4.jpg

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This was actually something I had given thought to before I saw this thread. I ended up filing him as an INFJ, since he seems outwardly sure of himself and is focused on helping other people. If he were an INFP, I would expect him to have less an air of certainty and to be more devoted to his own pursuits. It's been several years since I watched the show, though, so I could be forgetting a lot of things that say otherwise.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Someone doesn't know what they are talking about. Surprise, surprise.

Lila4.jpg

Yeah, I should really get on my 90s cartoon trivia.

Btw, that picture really clears up any air of uncertainty I had about her name.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Moved from What's My Type. Why it was ever there is a mystery.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
INFP, in my opinion, kind of reminds me of Doug Funnie, another INFP. However, I could understand seeing him as an INFJ too.

In any case, Helga was probably an ESTP!

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
INFP, in my opinion, kind of reminds me of Doug Funnie, another INFP. However, I could understand seeing him as an INFJ too.

And also reminds me of Rocko, from Rocko's Modern Life, another INFP, and another Nickelodeon classic.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
He was an INFP.

He was stubborn in his ways, and always strove to do the right thing or what he felt was right. He helped people, he was a natural healer.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
i think we all have things to learn from Arnold.

litnb

MBTI Type
INFP
no i think he's definitely a ENFJ. a "Giver" or "Teacher" type. because those types are extraordinarily in tune with other people and work on bringing out the best in people. he has idealistic qualities, but then again so do givers.
idealists are less social than givers. they seem to be tranquil on the outside, but live intensely and focus on making the world a better place and helping others because it makes them happy. in this way they're both very similar. the difference is that givers know exactly what makes people tick, have excellent ways of getting the responses from people that they want, and are like teachers in those ways. they are more charismatic and influential than idealists. idealists give other people more room for their individuality. in short, givers are more controlling. both are extremely sensitive to how others view them, therefore absolutely despise criticism.
givers and idealists are ideal together. which is what makes helga and arnold soulmates. i know you guys think he is introverted, and he does seem so, but he is very people oriented and prefers being with others rather than being by himself. givers are very similar to idealists, hence the confusion over the two. idealists are in tune with others but also with themselves and can be expressive, but givers rarely reveal anything about themselves. when there is a conversation between the two the givers are the diaries, and idealists are the words.