• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI appeal of Death Note anime?

Do you enjoy Death Note?

• Total voters

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I asked for someone to clarify because I didn't understand what the INFJ's Fe was. I see my inexperience with MBTI can be confused for insanity, and I deeply apologize for making a mockery out psychology + anyone who even glimpsed at this thread. You won at The Internet and you are a better person than me. God I wish I was just like you.
Hmmm? I was fully aware you didn't understand MBTI. Your persistence is what I found annoying. You are quite hard-headed.
if I were you I'd study more about MBTI before coming to such deranged conclusions.
You came to a conclusion and stuck with it before knowing much about mbti. That too, I found annoying.

Bubbleboy

MBTI Type
ENFP
Do you also stop strangers on the street to inform you that you don't like them?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you also stop strangers on the street to inform you that you don't like them?

Do you stop strangers on the street to tell strangers that Yagami Light is an INFJ?

Bubbleboy

MBTI Type
ENFP
No, but I walk into the Death Note section of the MBTI bars and try to strike up conversation or even discussion that might yield learning. However I don't intend for the strangers there to take discussion as personal attack.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
However I don't intend for the strangers there to take discussion as personal attack.
Yes, absolutely, I took what you said personally. :rolli:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love this show ^v^ the plot is SO intense and I feel like it raised my IQ by 15 points just watchign it. as for the types
Light: INTJ
L: INTJ or INTP
Mr. Yagami: ISTJ
Misa: ENFJ
Matsuda: ENFP

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'm not going to dignify this poll by voting in it, but I do like Death Note.

MBTI Type
TITS
Enneagram
7w8
LOL, I like how the poll makes distinctions between all the N types but just clumps together all the S's. Says a lot....

But anyways, I liked death note a lot. One of the higher quality animes, at least story wise.

mellanae

MBTI Type
RAWR
Death Note was the only anime I could actually stand watching. :]
ENTJ.

Also, love how you made a poll option for all the 'N' types, but only two for the 'S' ones. Wonderful.

Last edited:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
N bias is weird. we miss half the shit in front of our faces, i don't know how anyone comes up with the idea that N is somehow more attuned to "smart" things in general :rolleyes:

mellanae

MBTI Type
RAWR
Haha, Skylights. :]

I have noticed, though, that a good majority of the smart people I know are -N--.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Death Note had a really good portrayal of INTJ-INTP interaction, but after Light "lost" his memory and turned into an ISTJ, I was like "wtf is this shit?". It got progressively worse after that.

KDude

I got tired of the melodramatic "Light gloating" scenes. I'm not sure where it was that I started getting annoyed. It started dragging on though. Someone needed to take him out. I guess Near made it interesting again, but in a way I thought that second part of the story was unnecessary. In the live action movies, it's L (who kind of takes on the anime L and N's qualities) that ends it.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm currently watching the Death Note anime with my ENFP SO. Both of us are enjoying it more than anything we've watched in years. An INTJ friend of mine recommended it to us, and we've later joined him in recommending it to our other friends, two of whom have caught the bug - both INTJs.

I'm wondering if Death Note is something like the ultimate INTJ story or if it appeals equally to other types? (My SO has a soft spot for INTJs - I'm not sure he would be enjoying it quite as much if he didn't. ;))

For those not in the know, Death Note is a story about two master strategists. (Well, it is so far, at any rate. The anime is still running in Japan, and I haven't read the manga.) I consider both of them to be archetype INTJs, but then again, I could be biased. This leads to my second question: What types do you think Light and L are? I'm particularly interested in hearing whether any INTPs see them as INTP.
Light is a walking INTJ stereotype -- I should hope no INTP with half a brain would attempt to type him INTP.

L, on the other hand, is a walking INTP stereotype.