• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI appeal of Death Note anime?

Do you enjoy Death Note?

• Total voters

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
To those saying Light is INFJ or ENTJ, being socially skilled doesn't mean you're an E or an F. It's just a skill, that one can hone if they need it to achieve their goals, and Light is INTJ.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Light is INTJ and L is INTP. Light is more intelligent and thinks on his feet better because of introverted intuition's superhuman ability to pick up vast and complex amounts of data in a short amount of time. L is INTP. he's not quite as intelligent, but he has more time to analyze the data than Light does and can mimick introverted intuition by making lots of smaller connections and contriving possible meanings with extraverted intuition and then analyzing all the possibilities with introverted thinking. he is also way to indecisive and takes an extremely long time making decisions. he is also very data oriented and speaks largely in numbers and percentages. his slightly ridiculous tendancies also seem to indicate extraverted intuition.

Komakino

I disagree, the creators intended L to be the more intelligent of the two and I think it shows through.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I disagree, the creators intended L to be the more intelligent of the two and I think it shows through.
Nevertheless, L is INTP and Light INTJ.

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
I just started reading it! only heard positive things about it.

Srho

MBTI Type
INFX
I don't necessarily mind young protagonists, even protagonists whom I cannot relate to in terms of physical lifestyle at all. I think I prefer it that way. Anyway, I love Death Note but don't think it has that much MBTI appeal especially since almost all the main characters are TJs.

I've never watched Evangelion and I don't care much for FMA.

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If Death Note was a person I would marry it.

I have an L tattoo.

...That about sums that up :D

Last edited:

Bass0129

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Im going to have to undermine all of you, I can argue that Light is an ENTX, with his final function completely undefined. Remember back all the way to the first episode, why exactly does he want to be a god of a crimeless utopia? He found a desire to be loved and adored- a characteristic trait of an ENTP. Yet he is an honor student- not exactly on par with the type. He is much craftier than a J, yet more driven than a P. His P side allows him to act out his part with precision, bang out crafty, perfect lies and convince his conscience to accept his deeds after long reflection. his J side allows him to have the tolerance threshold to withstand the guilt of looking someone in the eyes as he kills them and be able to formulate plans for future ventures.

All of the others I agree with

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Im going to have to undermine all of you, I can argue that Light is an ENTX, with his final function completely undefined. Remember back all the way to the first episode, why exactly does he want to be a god of a crimeless utopia? He found a desire to be loved and adored- a characteristic trait of an ENTP.

That's not really a trait exlusive to ENTP.

Yet he is an honor student- not exactly on par with the type.

Who says an ENTP couldn't be an honor student?

He is much craftier than a J, yet more driven than a P. His P side allows him to act out his part with precision, bang out crafty, perfect lies and convince his conscience to accept his deeds after long reflection. his J side allows him to have the tolerance threshold to withstand the guilt of looking someone in the eyes as he kills them and be able to formulate plans for future ventures.

That's not how the divison of P and J works.

Light is very driven by an internal ideaology of his own making, a far-reaching vision of how the world should be, and he uses both the methodological framework of the death note and the law to utilize that goal (Ni+Te); in addition he's convinced himself that his cuse is righteous without any real sort of evidence to back it up (tertiary Fi) and when stressed gives into impulsive behavior (inferior Se). He also thinks several steps ahead of everyone, conceptualizing plans that will work mostefficiently for him (Ni+Te). Ergo, he's an INTJ

3ggminey

MBTI Type
Enfp
Light seems more INFP, because of his Fi aids his more deceitful side, and his compassion and ambition to attack any of his ideals. He could be a twisted one.. O_O he is obviously twisted, he honestly seemed more like a feeler, especially how he acted when he forgot the Death Note. If anything, out of the lead Ni, INFJ, but i still go with INFP, he is crafty but with developed Si, well put together. He was all about idealism!! An Idealist (not saying INTJs arent idealistic). Sticking with INFP, Idealist, Dreamer (he daydreamed alot), Fi-Ne-Si-Te (when he was stressed, it seemed his grip was very Te).

Lily.Jean

Enneagram
5w6
I see many people on the net being radical about their view on Light and their chosen camp throughout the series.

I personally think that for a certain majority of the INFP like me, it is very difficult to choose a camp. While we may be against the principles of Light, our emotional understanding for his utopia is more important than all other types MBTI. His machiavelism is the source of a screenplay beauty like no other, causing exitation until orgasm, when the connectivity to the character, meanwhile, is struck. Light was like a close friend that I tried to resonate in his crazy moments by whispering on my TV.

I cried at L's death, as I cried at Light's death. :(

Death Note is for sure a powerful emotional show for an INFP and one of the best fiction of all time. ^^

(Oh, and I want a Christopher Nolan adaptation. For an INTJ like him, it must be a god's gift. )

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why did op skimp out on the Ss? What a typist.

I thought it was hilarious. It's art!

I think Light is some E cause seems great at social manipulation. Seems 1 because of his black and white view towards the world. Idk if he's S or N. I think he's gamma, I would guess ENTJ. He definitely has an arrogance problem, so INTJ is not bad in that arena lol.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I enjoyed Death Note, both the manga and the anime.

L is a classic INTP. Light is an xNTJ. I always liked L more.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I enjoyed Death Note, both the manga and the anime.

L is a classic INTP. Light is an xNTJ. I always liked L more.

I was so upset when L died. I didn't like Near as much.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I loved this show. This was the first anime I watched and finished. It is also the anime that made me fall in love with animes. I was like 'Japanese cartoon are too good to be true.' I didn't know these weren't cartoons and that they were aimed at a much mature audience.

L is a classic INTP. Probably a 5w4.
Kira is a classic INTJ. But his motives - which is the reason for the cause of conflict - are obviously driven by his black and white view of the world caused by enneagram 1. I

Why did op skimp out on the Ss? What a typist.

Hehe I thought the same. It was probably done because:-

1) back then poll options were limited to only 16 or 20.
2) There weren't that many self identified Ss on the forum at all.
3) TypC is an offshoot of INTPcentral, members of which mostly considered Ss to be just playing outside, not interested in MTBI, forums or animes.

Sh*ttyKarmaKid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/7
Light is an ENTJ, though. His main motivation is gaining power and influence and shaping everything the way he wants. That's dominant Te right there.