User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy Death Note?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm INTP and I'm loving it

46 23.35%
  • I'm INTP and it's not my cup of tea

8 4.06%
  • I'm INTJ and I'm loving it

28 14.21%
  • I'm INTJ and it's not my cup of tea

6 3.05%
  • I'm ENTP and I'm loving it

10 5.08%
  • I'm ENTP and it's not my cup of tea

4 2.03%
  • I'm ENTJ and I'm loving it

7 3.55%
  • I'm ENTJ and it's not my cup of tea

0 0%
  • I'm INFP and I'm loving it

27 13.71%
  • I'm INFP and it's not my cup of tea

8 4.06%
  • I'm INFJ and I'm loving it

19 9.64%
  • I'm INFJ and it's not my cup of tea

1 0.51%
  • I'm ENFP and I'm loving it

13 6.60%
  • I'm ENFP and it's not my cup of tea

3 1.52%
  • I'm ENFJ and I'm loving it

2 1.02%
  • I'm ENFJ and it's not my cup of tea

0 0%
  • I'm S and I'm loving it

14 7.11%
  • I'm S and it's not my cup of tea

1 0.51%
First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I concede to Light being an INFJ
    Fe is objective, Ti is subjective
    Fi has values and such,
    Fe is, to me, a lot more ruthless
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    Zzzz

^ I can't see Light as being an INFJ. I used to, but eh, changed my mind.

Too much structure...he was overly rigid.. and he had an insane memory for everything (Siiiiiiiiiiii).. I barely recall what I did yesterday aside from sleep...Never mind all the details and facts from memory or that he had to work with....Hell !_!

Even before the Notebook warped him, if that was it truly, he just tried it out because he was "bored". I can't imagine an INFJ, or probably just myself, trying out a Notebook that claims it can kill anyone unless I already had a person in mind (such as a killer of someone I loved...maybe). He just randomly picked someone, albeit a minor criminal, to test it out on and then another person in front of him who was sexually harassing a woman for fun... As for his Vision, he wanted to build himself as the new God of the world, however invisible a god he'd become. I'd sooner set the system up and leave it after I'd achieved my goal-- if I really went through with it...

Maybe. Eh.

Overall, he had so many threads to control, way too many people and situations to look after, once he really had to worry about L, never mind Near. I can't see Dom Ni working that way. It'd cave in...

Now... Miranda Priestly as an INTJ. *blink* I hope to recall it later... Hopeeeee tooooo.

MBTI
    OMNi

That is a good argument. I could even see Light as an ISTJ because he did seem very Si dominant and ISTJs are known to be "thought police". Not to mention he was very much in the detective role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    That is a good argument. I could even see Light as an ISTJ because he did seem very Si dominant and ISTJs are known to be "thought police". Not to mention he was very much in the detective role.
    Hi Kiddo
    I've considered that,
    and kind of agree
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    Hi Kiddo
    I've considered that,
    and kind of agree
    What do you think? Is Light too difficult to type? You know what they say...if you can't figure them out then they are probably an INFJ. Kira seems so much different than Light Yagomi. I think it could even be argued that Light and Kira are two different people with distinct personalities.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

What do you think? Is Light too difficult to type? You know what they say...if you can't figure them out then they are probably an INFJ. Kira seems so much different than Light Yagomi. I think it could even be argued that Light and Kira are two different people with distinct personalities.
    oops
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

INTJ,or ENTJ
    not so much an Fe perspective
    too concerned with injustice and if someone was good or bad

scroll down to the inferior and tertiary section of Fi
    Introverted Feeling
    this is just a basic view
    Introverted Feeling

Fe
    Extraverted Feeling
    Extraverted Feeling
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    ^ I can't see Light as being an INFJ. I used to, but eh, changed my mind.

Too much structure...he was overly rigid.. and he had an insane memory for everything (Siiiiiiiiiiii).. I barely recall what I did yesterday aside from sleep...Never mind all the details and facts from memory or that he had to work with....Hell !_!

Even before the Notebook warped him, if that was it truly, he just tried it out because he was "bored". I can't imagine an INFJ, or probably just myself, trying out a Notebook that claims it can kill anyone unless I already had a person in mind (such as a killer of someone I loved...maybe). He just randomly picked someone, albeit a minor criminal, to test it out on and then another person in front of him who was sexually harassing a woman for fun... As for his Vision, he wanted to build himself as the new God of the world, however invisible a god he'd become. I'd sooner set the system up and leave it after I'd achieved my goal-- if I really went through with it...

Maybe. Eh.

Overall, he had so many threads to control, way too many people and situations to look after, once he really had to worry about L, never mind Near. I can't see Dom Ni working that way. It'd cave in...

Now... Miranda Priestly as an INTJ. *blink* I hope to recall it later... Hopeeeee tooooo.
    I can totally see myself filling out the Death Note and wiping off the scum of this planet. Plus I am more rigid and possess more structure in my life than all three INTJs I know. Light just strikes me as the kind of guy that has a high motivation for achievement, which is not restricted to any one type if you ask me. I personally do see him as a INFJ, but of course not a healthy one. I know that if I have a goal (i.e. to wipe the world clean of all villains), I suddenly gain a ruthless drive to reach it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    Zzzz

^

Right. Okie. Good for you..

I recall you mentioning how bad it was for you to recall info for school in one of your threads. For a class you weren't familiar with, right? In your Xian college, right? Fascinating and all, but it was hard to shove through all the info, right? And you tried your best to memorize but it was too hard !_!

So, how's your Si, hmm?

Even if yours is decent, or good, Light's memory was insane. From the get go. Insane-- And what of your recalling of massive amounts of details? And of people? (people would be easier, but perhaps exact names/faces might be a bit hard unless learned over time to better it). And you may have that ruthless drive, but would you think you should and COULD be In Control of the whole world, even at that point? That you are the ONLY one capable of doing it? He didn't just want to rid the world of evil or scum, he wanted to Rule It.

Also, what we know of him before he turned, he wasn't so social at all to begin with (right people? err). He just did his duty, did as was asked/required, and called it a night. It's just that it eventually became boring for him. Even if popular with girls, as was implied, he didn't encourage it. He was good looking, but used them as he needed them. And kept them in his pocket just for that, as he did later on.

Kiddo, I see ISTJ as well... my dad's one... his memory... @_@ He just recalls things easily. Drive to a new place? He'll recall every stop, every sign....w/o having to say it, he'll just know how to go back after years of not going. And he has no qualms with invading one's space to "inspect". Today, I just found out that he has a spare key to my bedroom lock, to which he opened it with while I slept last night, and I'm taking it back -_- Even though he's not outgoing, much, he is a charmer with others when he is out and chooses to be or chooses to be quiet. Or on the phone with friends, he'll control the conversation. Turns the phone off and right back to silence or reading/watching/eating or w/e. And he keeps up with all sorts of news, through the TV, newspaper, Internet. He just reads and reads @_@ and just doesn't forget.. Pedantic, also, but nevermind that.. He likes to know about grades, will talk to teachers as it's expected, etc. He likes to control everything, if it applies to him or his family zz (but I've helped him get over that over the years...at least, with regards to me..mostly ^_^'')

Freaky @_@

ISTJs will not stop once they have a cause. Will stop at no lengths.. and they can work for a long period of time as well... They also won't become emotional when confronted. INFJs, while cool or calm, I wouldn't think would exert such control in a similar situation. As messed up as he was, I'd see him giving himself away much sooner than he did if he were an INFJ.

He wasn't really idealistic to begin with, though. The whole "world is doomed" view. Only thing that changed that was the Notebook. It became more than a Muse.. to slate his boredom with and then his vision which was NEW. He never thought of doing it before then-- Once given the tool, he thought about it. If he were an INFJ, he'd probably have thought about it a long, long time ago, especially when confronted with his dad's work all the time or helping out. The "What if (I could change the world/I could help/etc)?" never occurred to him until then. If wrong about that last bit, correct me, my memory is fuzzy now qq

AvereX, I can't see him as INTJ. Same issue with INFJs with Dom Ni, except they'd be better with recalling logical details, however they won't recall it the same way an ISTJ would... same issue with crazy memory not being available to INTJs, initally or unless they learn to. And if I recall correctly, they aren't so keep on recalling details/facts as much as an ISTJ would. Dom Ni and all, it's all future oriented, and having Demonic Si...well... it's our weakest function @_@... so unless we learn, it won't develop as well. And I doubt that it'd develop that well as Light's unless we were put into a situation early on to nurture it. Light's life/situation was bland and boring, as well he just naturally had it. He was also a great speaker and had excellent communication skills, even so far as to be casual or come up with something on the spot. INTJs, while great with Te, might not be so when dealing with casual conversation (just for the hell of it, or won't even bother to, let's be serious... Why bother?! What's the point? They can further their cause w/o that BS, unless desperate, but they can be stubborn about that...).

I'm sure someone mentioned ENTJ, either here or elsewhere. That's possible too. Maybe even more so than ISTJ? err Did anyone say that Yagami Sr was an ISTJ also?

MBTI
    OMNi

So basically Lights could be any number of types.

A corrupt INFJ - which would make sense since INFJs under stress will utilize their weak, shadow Si as a means of attacking others.

ISTJ - Duty bound, strong Si/memory, pedantic, relentless

INTJ/ENTJ - The classic "evil" types