User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy Death Note?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm INTP and I'm loving it

46 23.35%
  • I'm INTP and it's not my cup of tea

8 4.06%
  • I'm INTJ and I'm loving it

28 14.21%
  • I'm INTJ and it's not my cup of tea

6 3.05%
  • I'm ENTP and I'm loving it

10 5.08%
  • I'm ENTP and it's not my cup of tea

4 2.03%
  • I'm ENTJ and I'm loving it

7 3.55%
  • I'm ENTJ and it's not my cup of tea

0 0%
  • I'm INFP and I'm loving it

27 13.71%
  • I'm INFP and it's not my cup of tea

8 4.06%
  • I'm INFJ and I'm loving it

19 9.64%
  • I'm INFJ and it's not my cup of tea

1 0.51%
  • I'm ENFP and I'm loving it

13 6.60%
  • I'm ENFP and it's not my cup of tea

3 1.52%
  • I'm ENFJ and I'm loving it

2 1.02%
  • I'm ENFJ and it's not my cup of tea

0 0%
  • I'm S and I'm loving it

14 7.11%
  • I'm S and it's not my cup of tea

1 0.51%
First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I really did not care for it... I watch it occasionally when it comes on CN & I have read up to volume four, but I have not felt compelled to go any further. Of course I am a female, and the series is totally shonen... But that doesn't really say much since I like a lot of shonen, haha. I cannot really say why it doesn't appeal to me, but it could be the lack of relationships or pretty girls.

...Oh goodness, my nerd is leaking out. ):

MBTI
    ENTP

I absolutely adore it. but I don't like the anime that much, only the manga. And the dub is not very good IMO. I saw it on CN after reading the manga, and went bleh, and refused to watch any more. So I watched Gundam 00 on my friend's laptop instead.

Uber, you could read the manga. It is really quite good, and I could definitely see you liking Light. Plus, no annoying style parts. I despise the parts in the anime with how they convey thinking. I realize that it's hard to convey it, especially how it is needed here, but it just seems silly. I don't think it works well animated compared to the manga.

Types:
    L - INTP (he's a classic one. Very INT, weaker P, but still INTP)
    Light - INTJ (Mostly NJ, weaker I, certainly T, but has some very oddly expressed F traits)
    Ryuk - ESTP (he reminds me of Whatever, in some aspects)
    Rem - ISFJ (I adore her. she does seem like a well rounded SJ)
    Near - INTJ (NiTe. it just works)
    Mello - ENxJ (I haven't read after volume 7 that thoughly, so I don't know Mello as well, but he seems XeNi)
    Misa - ESFP
    "'You scoundrel, you have wronged me,' hissed the philosopher. 'May you live forever!'" - Ambrose Bierce

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    As far as I can remember, there isn't a lot of flashing lights in Death Note, the series is rather dark. I think the animation of the series is a delight, but sure, if you are allergic to rough... You can see the first ten minutes of the series here (just to get an idea of the animation): YouTube - Death note episode 1 part 1

A live-action movie (Japanese) has been made, but it sucks. The special effects are just awful, and the acting as well, so you would surely dislike it.
    The manga far exceeded the anime. Especially the ending-- but the anime was pretty good, they followed it very well. I watched some of the dub (some chars were better dubbed than others, though I only saw up to 15) and all of the sub. Haven't seen the movies but...what can one expect when they shove an entire series into two movies? Ah, such a waste...they should've made a live-action series, at least. :steam:
    Last edited by zarc; 03-09-2008 at 01:52 AM.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I wouldn't call Light INTJ but rather ENTJ.

First of all, Light lost sight of the humanitarian goal very quickly, even in the manga -- this seems more characteristic of inferior Fi rather than tertiary Fi.

Also... I'd say he was likely an ENTJ that went nuts through isolation. Extroverts will wilt if they're separated from people for too long. Light may have locked himself in his room a lot, but it was also implied that he was popular with the ladies, and he talked and gained people's trust with ease. He was extremely pressured to succeed so he ended up isolating himself and studying. Because he was already in this state when the manga began, we're led to assume that he is actually an introvert, when by that time the damage had already been done.

As for the series itself... I enjoyed it up to about the seventh volume of the manga, and after that point I think it lost its luster. The new characters introduced weren't as good as the original ones, and as soon as there was more text than pictures, I lost track of all the convoluted plans. There's only so much suspension of disbelief I'm willing to hold when it comes to these things.

So, it started strong, and then it fizzled. It would have been nicer if it was the other way around.

MBTI
    OMNi

I sorta think Lights is a corrupt INFJ. It's hard to tell because he has the Ni and Se, but its the F and T that are difficult to decipher. He is manipulative like an Fe but his passion is like an Fi, and he can remember details like a Te, but his deduction is quite Ti. I'll type him as an INXJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    INTP and loved it. GF is INTJ and loved it.

We argue over who is INTP and INTJ in the actual show... just for the fun of it. (L is INTP! I'm telling you, INTP!)
    Of course L is an INTP... every plan he ever made was to get information, everything he did was to gain more knowledge about the situation.

Near's plans always assumed Light was the answer, so his plans were to corner him into revealing the evidence.

L was the one who figured it out, Near concluded, former is an introverted judgement function, latter is an extraverted judgement function.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nzAShadow View Post
    Of course L is an INTP... every plan he ever made was to get information, everything he did was to gain more knowledge about the situation.

Near's plans always assumed Light was the answer, so his plans were to corner him into revealing the evidence.

L was the one who figured it out, Near concluded, former is an introverted judgement function, latter is an extraverted judgement function.
    L is the epitome of every INTP I have ever known. Seriously. I wish I could find that kind of "archetype" for the other 15 types.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    L is the epitome of every INTP I have ever known. Seriously. I wish I could find that kind of "archetype" for the other 15 types.
    I submit Huey Freeman from Boondocks as the archetype INFJ.

Huey is a pessimistic and precociously intelligent 10-year-old who recognizes and detests the absurdities of the society in which he lives. A self-described revolutionary, his cynicism touches on subjects such as politics, religion, the media, businesses and corporations, and African-American culture.
    The cynical idealist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    Zzzz

^ Even though I haven't watched much, I wanna second that. For now-

He kinda reminds me of when I was his age, except less cynical (maybe)... !_!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Miranda Priestly of " The Devil Wears Prada "
    INTJ archetype ?
    I N V I C T U S