User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy Death Note?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm INTP and I'm loving it

46 23.35%
  • I'm INTP and it's not my cup of tea

8 4.06%
  • I'm INTJ and I'm loving it

28 14.21%
  • I'm INTJ and it's not my cup of tea

6 3.05%
  • I'm ENTP and I'm loving it

10 5.08%
  • I'm ENTP and it's not my cup of tea

4 2.03%
  • I'm ENTJ and I'm loving it

7 3.55%
  • I'm ENTJ and it's not my cup of tea

0 0%
  • I'm INFP and I'm loving it

27 13.71%
  • I'm INFP and it's not my cup of tea

8 4.06%
  • I'm INFJ and I'm loving it

19 9.64%
  • I'm INFJ and it's not my cup of tea

1 0.51%
  • I'm ENFP and I'm loving it

13 6.60%
  • I'm ENFP and it's not my cup of tea

3 1.52%
  • I'm ENFJ and I'm loving it

2 1.02%
  • I'm ENFJ and it's not my cup of tea

0 0%
  • I'm S and I'm loving it

14 7.11%
  • I'm S and it's not my cup of tea

1 0.51%
First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Alienclock View Post
    Just to butt in a bit, hope no one minds... But I have so MET a self controlled sociopath. This girl I knew was.... terrifying... and she could work anyone!! Scary...
    Sociopaths are characterized by impulsively and lack of empathy. If they have self control, they pretty much are not a sociopath.

Maybe you met a malignant narcissist. Those are driven by guilt and powerlessness, and will systematically try to destroy the autonomy or will of anyone remotely close to them.
    Let's do this thing.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Could L understand Light so well if he wasn't the same type though? They strike me as being two of a kind, which is probably my strongest argument for L being INTJ and not INTP (I assume there's no doubt whatsoever about Light being INTJ ).
    Warning, Spoiler content

I think the major difference is that Light reacts far quicker then L does. Light doesn't pre-empt, he plans (he made tons of mistakes before being challenged by L, and even after, he makes tons. Only his plan is planned, and it's always absolute).

L deals with information in a very amorphous way. He links information from anywhere, and L is very playful, indirect (very much so when arresting Misa!). And he doesn't leap from theory to theory when everything still fits - he'll hold multiple open and evaluate constantly. The closest he got was when Light 'proved' himself not to be Kira... but even then, he ran two theories at the same time, even after one had been discredited. I don't find that very INTJ, or at least, not strongly J.

Sometimes I wonder if Light isn't more F than T... but yah, Light, with death note, seems to embody INTJness.

MBTI
    INTJ

SPOILER ALERT!

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    L deals with information in a very amorphous way. He links information from anywhere, and L is very playful, indirect (very much so when arresting Misa!). And he doesn't leap from theory to theory when everything still fits - he'll hold multiple open and evaluate constantly. The closest he got was when Light 'proved' himself not to be Kira... but even then, he ran two theories at the same time, even after one had been discredited. I don't find that very INTJ, or at least, not strongly J.
    Very convincing. I do find that well-rounded INTJs can juggle several theories at once and keep an open mind with regard to new data, but it is true that INTPs do it much more naturally. Also, L's purpose in life seems to be armchair deduction for the sheer enjoyment of it - sort of like a hacker. He doesn't want influence (like Light does), he just likes to solve problems.

Okay, I'm on the "L is INTP" bandwagon now. Tell that to your GF.
    Last edited by Economica; 05-02-2007 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Added spoiler alert

If you didn't like the drama of Eva, you might like RahXephon.

MBTI
    INTP

L's main motivation is very subjective - he wants to catch Kira because the case interests him and it poses a challenge, not because of actual justice. This makes me think he uses Ti rather than Te.

Also, the way he acts and hold himself, the way he's so methodical and organised with his thoughts when his surroundings are a complete disarray are typical P - hence INTP.

As for Light - I don't think he's INTJ. Rather, he strikes me as ENTJ. He's surrounded by acquaintances each time we see him go social, he's not bothered by being around people the whole day - and most of all, his initial motivation to use the DN was to cleanse humanity, act as a messiah in a way. In the manga the whole 'I want to be God!' thing came much much more later.

Again, it makes sense for his dominant function to be T rather than N, doesn't it? Light is much to focused on changing the world around him - L is merely an obstacle (quite the opposite from L, who sees proving that Light=Kira as his goal and 'saving the world' as a side-effect. INTP and ENTJ are functionally opposite, after all.) From how I understand Ni, it would rather seek fulfillment of his goals for its own sake - or something similar to that.

From the ENTJ Typelogic profile:

Quote that fits them: "I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?"

and

TRADEMARK: - "I'm really sorry you have to die."

Really Light, imho.

Death Note is awesome; I’m still a few episodes in, just after the second opening replaces the first, so I haven’t reached the end. A good friend of mine introduced me about a month ago. The strategic craziness is very much addictive entertainment.

I think I’m siding with the opinion that they understand each other too well to be anything but the same type (in which case I’d both identify them as INTJ), although I can’t be too sure with L… I guess he could be INTP. I might explain more later.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Fricking everyone I know is into Death Note, so I purposefully did not get into it, since the last time this happened, it was with Naruto (vomit). The bigger the bandwagon, the less appealing it looks to me. Perhaps a summary then, anyone?

Eva is one of my favourites, for the record. Along with Chobits, and Cowboy Bebop. I also liked Gundam Wing..and Cardcaptors (shh).
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

Ah. Now I remember why I want a Pembroke Welsh Corgi.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Fricking everyone I know is into Death Note, so I purposefully did not get into it, since the last time this happened, it was with Naruto (vomit). The bigger the bandwagon, the less appealing it looks to me. Perhaps a summary then, anyone?
    Death note is nothing like Naruto... I can barely watch Shippuuden... and I stopped watching after the manga ended. However, nothing you like is like death note either. I'd get the first 4 episodes of death note - you can tell if you are going to like it by then. It doesn't sit well with everyone, but it does have a following.

(Super condensed Summary: Bored Death God gives his Death Note to Light, which gives him the power to kill people.)

MBTI
    INTP

I tend to enjoy Anime, so I'll have to check out Death Note. I'm a big Cowboy Bebop fan ... although I'm not sure that qualifies as purist Anime.