User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy Death Note?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm INTP and I'm loving it

    46 23.35%
  • I'm INTP and it's not my cup of tea

    8 4.06%
  • I'm INTJ and I'm loving it

    28 14.21%
  • I'm INTJ and it's not my cup of tea

    6 3.05%
  • I'm ENTP and I'm loving it

    10 5.08%
  • I'm ENTP and it's not my cup of tea

    4 2.03%
  • I'm ENTJ and I'm loving it

    7 3.55%
  • I'm ENTJ and it's not my cup of tea

    0 0%
  • I'm INFP and I'm loving it

    27 13.71%
  • I'm INFP and it's not my cup of tea

    8 4.06%
  • I'm INFJ and I'm loving it

    19 9.64%
  • I'm INFJ and it's not my cup of tea

    1 0.51%
  • I'm ENFP and I'm loving it

    13 6.60%
  • I'm ENFP and it's not my cup of tea

    3 1.52%
  • I'm ENFJ and I'm loving it

    2 1.02%
  • I'm ENFJ and it's not my cup of tea

    0 0%
  • I'm S and I'm loving it

    14 7.11%
  • I'm S and it's not my cup of tea

    1 0.51%
First 31112131415 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 172

  1. #121
    Senior Member Bubbleboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    Well, sorry to disappoint you but you will always see this in threads like this. You have to make some sense of it yourself.

    I most definitely don't. Did you get the idea only because I think Light is an NTJ and you don't? That is pretty immature, you know..
    I'm asking to be proved wrong with facts, and I'm not the one calling anyone names.

    [QUOTE=Space_Oddity;982370]
    I probably wouldn't think that Rorshach is an INFJ if I imagined INFJs as cute and fluffy creatures, would I? The problem is, Light is a cold mastermind in heart and doesn't really Fe even those close to him. Rorshach is mad. Before something inside him broke because of the murder of the little girl, which is something he couldn't bear due to his empathy, he didn't even want to kill the criminals. Also, I haven't noticed any real mastermind tendencies in him. He only does what his morals tell him, plus he's paranoid and his plans don't ring Te, as Kiras do. He's also morally absolutely uncorruptible, which can be hardly said about Light.

    By his own dark ideals, Rorshach is indeed incorruptible. So is Kira. Has Kira ever not been true to his vision?

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    And FYI, in fiction, NTJs are genius masterminds like, 10000x more often then NFJs.
    That does nothing but make it more convenient to mistype him. But if you simply see my arguments as immature and take this personally, then let's end the discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    Well, but we're not talking about real life ~20 year old INTJs, are we? Light is a fictional character, for God's sake. If I wrote a young genius mastermind like him, I would subscribe him good social skills as well, because he would be more dangerous and harder to figure out for others if he was like that. And extraverted feeling doesn't have to be faked by transforming introverted feeling into it. Social skills don't equal Fe. My ESTJ boyfriend, who really wants to be successful in life, knows that it is essential to make a good impression on people, and you bet he can be very charming when he wants to, even though his 'real' Fe is supposed to be his 'devilish function'.

    Also, I think that Light is an ENTJ, and lots of ENTJ villains/antiheros are pictured with good social skills. I already named Veidt; Schneizel in Code Geass is the same type of villain, and readers/viewers are actually made to believe that they are both good guys.
    Again, if you know know noone you'd type as INFJ I guess it would make it hard to convince you.
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

  2. #122
    Senior Member Space_Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    CAT
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleboy View Post
    That does nothing but make it more convenient to mistype him. But if you simply see my arguments as immature and take this personally, then let's end the discussion.
    I don't take it personally, but I did think some of your arguments were pretty out of place. Considering you don't see into my head and you don't know how deep my knowledge of MBTI is, it's not exactly fair of you to raise accusations like "you probably think that all NFs are social butterflies and all NTs are masteminds" (while the base of your own argument seems to be that Kira is too much of a social butterfly to be an NTJ...). You have to keep in mind that typing real people and typing fictional characters is a pretty different business. Fictional characters are more archetypal than real people and you have to follow the author's vision and see the connections with other fictional characters of this "type" if you type them. For example, Rorshach and Kira do have some similarities, but these similarities cannot compare for example to those Kira and Lelouch have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleboy
    Again, if you know know noone you'd type as INFJ I guess it would make it hard to convince you.
    Well, I made quite a lot of posts in the threads I linked to, and I thought my examples there will be sufficient for you. But if you insist, then I'll write them again:

    Amelie Poulain (Amelie)
    Sara Crewe (A Little Princess)
    Sethe (Beloved)
    Anne Elliot (Persuasion)
    Jane Eyre (Jane Eyre)
    Sally (Nightmare Before Christmas)
    many Nicole Kidman's characters
    ... Virginia Woolf (The Hours), the lady from 'Australia'...
    many Cate Blanchett's characters
    ... Galadriel (LOTR), Daisy (Curious Case of Benjamin Button)...
    Kathleen (You've Got Mail)
    Miranda (Picnic at Hanging Rock)
    Jesse Bentley (Winesburg, Ohio)
    Ema Bovary (Madame Bovary)
    etc.

    If you've read The Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman, I think that Lord Asriel vs. Mrs. Coulter is a good example of an ENTJ vs. an ENFJ clash. But it's certainly not because of the level of their social skills.

    Usually there's more of a disagreement as to if the characters are INFPs or INFJs, because the INF tends to be very prominent. INTJ x INFJ disagreement is pretty rare.

    And if you still think it's just 'people throwing their ideas', read their arguments and make some sense of it yourself.

    What exactly is your argument againts Kira being an NTJ? I wrote why I think your idea of "Fe" isn't really Fe, but you didn't react.

  3. #123
    Senior Member Bubbleboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    116

    Default

    I don't know INFJs very well, but somehow Light acts how I imaged the darkest and most disillusioned of idealists. And I'm not as certain as you are, but I do need more convincing than most other posters will. I guess it may seem obstinate.

    And btw thanks for making sense to me. My quarrel is mainly that Light doesn't ever seem like a villain. And I can't think of any INTJ villains who lack the clarity to understand that are in fact not heroes. If you put any other INTJ in his place, would the story be remotely similar?

    I still don't get the part about Fe not correlating to his being devioushly well-mannered - he treats people a hell of a lot different than any other INTJ I've come across. Maybe it'll sink it at another time.

    You typed Mikami INTJ as well, I take it?

    But maybe the fact that he's so gifted that he appears to be "breaking" his type is why he's such a different INTJ. I don't know the INFJs you mention, so I'll have to read up. But picking through the threads here for scraps of insight probably won't serve, present company excluded.

    :edit:
    I think I have to follow that Hitler typology discussion to properly understand the difference between the two types, but you have made a good point. Thank you.
    Last edited by Bubbleboy; 12-30-2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: minor addition
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

  4. #124
    Senior Member Space_Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    CAT
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Ok. I'll take it as my homework to watch all the anime / read the whole manga, and then I'll come back and we can resume the discussion.

  5. #125
    Senior Member Bubbleboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Sounds good
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

  6. #126
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleboy View Post
    And assuming that all Fes are nice people is not stereotypical? Fe doesn't dictate hugging and kissing,

    "Fe seeks social connections and creates harmonious interactions through polite, considerate, and appropriate behavior" Does that not describe L right down to the very last episode where he is cornered and perhaps for the first and last time exposes his shadow functions? He is acting well-mannered even towards people that he murder or plan to murder. Manners which is the reason time and again for L doubting Light being Kira. Because he doesn't suspect an Fe of being a cold-blooded murderer.
    How old are you?

  7. #127
    Senior Member Bubbleboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    How old are you?
    None of your business?
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

  8. #128
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    I watched Death Note and I loved it. I confess that I'm not an avid anime watcher or manga reader, but Death Note was mature enough for my tastes compared to the Shonen programs that are shipped to the states.

    The main hook for me was the questions of morality. How does a person obtain the authority or power to kill another? What precede before this happens? Inevitably, Light faced retribution for his actions; but he inflicted retribution beforehand. I found it interesting that he claimed the mantle of a god before committing his crimes.

    The psychological strategies that were monologued throughout the whole thing were entertaining; and I often found that I thought quite like L. It's almost as if the makers designed the characters with MBTI in mind. L's thoughts are always similar to "If x, then y", Ti+Ne. Light focused on "This will happen, that will happen, I have a vision." Ni+Te.

  9. #129
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Mikami Teru is most likely an ISTJ
    Mikami is the archetipical ISTJ, and one of my favorite characters.
    KAMIII!

  10. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Great series, they are all Js, except Misa, only real P.

Similar Threads

  1. MBTI and Death Note
    By Mondo in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 04-13-2017, 11:05 PM
  2. MBTI types of animals
    By Aleksei in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 09-25-2015, 08:43 PM
  3. Common disorders of the characters in Death Note
    By RandomINTP in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-12-2015, 06:18 AM
  4. Anime suggestions for a "Death Note" fan
    By Malcontent in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 07:04 AM
  5. Thoughts on the ending of Death Note (Spoilers be warned)
    By Savage Idealist in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 08:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO