User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy Death Note?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm INTP and I'm loving it

46 23.35%
  • I'm INTP and it's not my cup of tea

8 4.06%
  • I'm INTJ and I'm loving it

28 14.21%
  • I'm INTJ and it's not my cup of tea

6 3.05%
  • I'm ENTP and I'm loving it

10 5.08%
  • I'm ENTP and it's not my cup of tea

4 2.03%
  • I'm ENTJ and I'm loving it

7 3.55%
  • I'm ENTJ and it's not my cup of tea

0 0%
  • I'm INFP and I'm loving it

27 13.71%
  • I'm INFP and it's not my cup of tea

8 4.06%
  • I'm INFJ and I'm loving it

19 9.64%
  • I'm INFJ and it's not my cup of tea

1 0.51%
  • I'm ENFP and I'm loving it

13 6.60%
  • I'm ENFP and it's not my cup of tea

3 1.52%
  • I'm ENFJ and I'm loving it

2 1.02%
  • I'm ENFJ and it's not my cup of tea

0 0%
  • I'm S and I'm loving it

14 7.11%
  • I'm S and it's not my cup of tea

1 0.51%
First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    So basically Lights could be any number of types.
    A corrupt INFJ - which would make sense since INFJs under stress will utilize their weak, shadow Si as a means of attacking others.
    Yesssssss. INFJs are extremely rare, which is probably why so few tend to mistake them for INTJs. He certainly reminds me a hell of of Dexter (who could be little else than INFJ) than Dexter's brother (who could be little else than INTJ)

ISTJ - Duty bound, strong Si/memory, pedantic, relentless
    No way. Most of the cops are ISTJ, and their pattern of thought are extremely different from his. He is intuitive to the bone, always wondering 'what if' and looking for patterns and patterns in his patterns.

INTJ/ENTJ - The classic "evil" types
    The more people on his investigation team, the poorer he performs because the extraversion drains him. He works with people because he has to, not because he enjoys it or sees much purpose to it. An extravert would find it giving to share his workload with others, and even rely on their expertise.

Though as Light sees it as his vision and his brave new world, I'm certain he is an INFJ as you also suggested. He hides his feelings well, but he still takes everything as a personal assault on his great ambition.

In comparison, look at L -whom I think everyone agrees is a thinker- even getting punched in the face and insulted, and the discussion still isn't anything personal. With Light, everything revolves around Light and his ideals.
    Last edited by Bubbleboy; 12-29-2009 at 05:06 PM. Reason: typo

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Anyone who thinks Light is any other than an XNTJ needs to trip over a banana peel so they can bang their heads hopefully fixing their minds straight.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Anyone who thinks Light is any other than an XNTJ needs to trip over a banana peel so they can bang their heads hopefully fixing their minds straight.
    If you don't care to explain, why bother with making yourself heard at all?
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleboy View Post
    If you don't care to explain, why bother with making yourself heard at all?
    Me and many other people explained it countless times before in many threads of Death Note types on the forum. I need not explain it again. We had one say he was an ENFP before. Light is not an NF. He fits the archetype of the NTJ always using Ni and Te for his decisions. He has no ounce of Fe in him at all.

MBTI
    ENFP

Where's the post that brings it to a conclusion? I don't see much resembling explanations, just people who are throwing out types without reasoning behind it. If there is an immutable conclusion, why isn't it visible?

MBTI
    ENFP

You doubt that someone as hopelessly self-absorbed as Yagami Light is a feeler, but you doubt that he's an introvert? And you suggest that others should read up on their theory?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Where's the post that brings it to a conclusion? I don't see much resembling explanations, just people who are throwing out types without reasoning behind it. If there is an immutable conclusion, why isn't it visible?
    There are many other Death Note threads here. Read them. Anyone who thinks Yagami Light is a feeler after watching the whole show has mental issues.

You doubt that someone as hopelessly self-absorbed as Yagami Light is a feeler, but you doubt that he's an introvert? And you suggest that others should read up on their theory?
    Actually I would say he is an INTJ. But certain arguments about him being extraverted make more sense than any argument calling him a feeler. Light is not a feeler.

MBTI
    ENFP

There are many other Death Note threads here. Read them. Anyone who thinks Yagami Light is a feeler after watching the whole show has mental issues.
    I can't find any real discussion that leads to that conclusion. Just people like you, who think anyone who disagrees with them must be idiots. If it's so obvious, why don't you disprove the stuff I laid out there? Or is that beneath you all the while challenging someone's sanity isn't?

Actually I would say he is an INTJ. But certain arguments about him being extraverted make more sense than any argument calling him a feeler. Light is not a feeler.
    There are more arguments for him being a feeler than being an extravert if you bother to read the threads yourself.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I can't find any real discussion that leads to that conclusion. Just people like you, who think anyone who disagrees with them must be idiots. If it's so obvious, why don't you disprove the stuff I laid out there? Or is that beneath you all the while challenging someone's sanity isn't?

There are more arguments for him being a feeler than being an extravert if you bother to read the threads yourself.
    Wow. Someone does have mental issues. Discussion? You need a discussion to come to a conclusion made by common sense? If you want proof he's not an INFJ here: I already said Light uses no Fe. He uses Ni and Te. Therefore making him an NTJ. You obviously don't seem to know about the functions. If you don't know about the functions I suggest you search it up. Light only cares about Justice. Not mercy. If I remember correctly this was one distinction between F and T.

MBTI
    ENFP

Forgive me if you think I'm trying to attack you personally. I am "attacking" your theory, and I'm asking for rationality because I actually want to be proven wrong.

Wow. Someone does have mental issues. Discussion? You need a discussion to come to a conclusion made by common sense? If you want proof he's not an INFJ here: I already said Light uses no Fe. He uses Ni and Te. Therefore making him an NTJ. You obviously don't seem to know about the functions. If you don't know about the functions I suggest you search it up. Light only cares about Justice. Not mercy. If I remember correctly this was one distinction between F and T.
    And what you see as signs of him being an extravert couldn't actually be him simply extraverting feeling? The main difference between Light and L seems to be that L is socially detached and unable to connect with people. But Light does it on several occasions - albeit as a manipulative tool.

I just can't think of any INTJs (especially as very immature as Light) who can just fake extravert feeling like that. Can you?