• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

mitch hedberg

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i can't figure it out. what's his type?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I really think INTP. Definitely an introverted intuitive. Ti-Ne wordplay/surreal/absurd humor.

A good example of a cool INTP. He wasn't really nerdy at all.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Almost definite INTP

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I definitely think ISFP. His jokes were so surface-level and full of face-value interpretations. Also, SPs are supposed to be the ones who excel at wordplay.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
INTP, without a doubt.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I don't get that. His jokes weren't complex at all, they were immediate and based on amusing observations and some wordplay. From all I've heard and picked up on, NT humor seems to be sardonic and ironic in nature. There wasn't so much of that in his stand-up.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I don't get that. His jokes weren't complex at all, they were immediate and based on amusing observations and some wordplay. From all I've heard and picked up on, NT humor seems to be sardonic and ironic in nature. There wasn't so much of that in his stand-up.

xNTP humor is less about being sardonic and ironic (xNTJ) than it is seeing the humorous implications in things. Oftentimes, this does seem sarcastic and biting, but that's usually because the humor is in how humans constantly lie to themselves.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
xNTP humor is less about being sardonic and ironic (xNTJ) than it is seeing the humorous implications in things. Oftentimes, this does seem sarcastic and biting, but that's usually because the humor is in how humans constantly lie to themselves.

That's the thing, NT humor seems to revolve around human nature. It's more likely that someone joking about amusing surface observations would be an SP, you think?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think he's isfp, too, though entj conflictor Letterman having him on 9 times would seems to say otherwise at first glance.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Also, SPs are supposed to be the ones who excel at wordplay.

Wikipedia:
However, INTPs' extraverted intuition often gives them a quick wit, especially with language. They may defuse tension through comical observations and references.

I don't see SPs playing with words (a look around this forum makes it obvious that NTs are the ones obsessed with this). I see them playing with delivery. However, Mitch did have a unique style of delivery that enhanced his material, so it's possible he could be an SP. I still think INTP though.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Maybe we both do wordplay but just in different ways. I have an ISTJ coworker who is by no means abstract and he excels at making puns. He's somewhat SP, too, it seems from talks we've had before.

Plus if there's ever a sexual innuendo just waiting to be dug out of the dullest of statements, leave it up to an SP to do just that. I guess the NT's use of wordplay is more random while the SP's is more situational and relevant.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Just listening to some of his stuff now. For me, it was between INTP and INFJ. I can't help but think his tendency to reinterpret situations in a bizarre manner was very Ni, but it could have just been Ti. No idea really.

Regardless, I fucking love him.

Fecal McAngry

I think he's isfp, too, though entj conflictor Letterman having him on 9 times would seems to say otherwise at first glance.

Letterman is an INTJ.

You are probably right about MH. It's obviously SP humor & demonstrates once again that most people here are very, very, very bad at typing people. You can't get a much more obvious display of extroverted sensation in standup...

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Just listening to some of his stuff now. For me, it was between INTP and INFJ. I can't help but think his tendency to reinterpret situations in a bizarre manner was very Ni, but it could have just been Ti. No idea really.

Regardless, I fucking love him.

Yeah INFJ was my second guess. He's kind of a hard read.

But really, Ti + drugs, can look a lot like Ni, or even become it. And he was on a lot of drugs, especially towards the latter part.