• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

mitch hedberg

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Maybe the most entertaining in some ways, but best? Isn't that a matter concerning indivdual preference and not a universal truth?

I think the majority of Stand-up comedians are SPs (Since they thrive off the immediacy and mood of performing for a live audience) but majority doesn't equate to 'Best".
I don't know, I think that skill can be measured to an extent. Preference is only about a third of the evaluation of musical skill, for instance. (Or so I've heard.)

it was just. an. observation.
:blush:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I agree with ISFP. And, God rest his soul, I didn't find him all that funny either.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
I can't even imagine the kind of person person who doesn't find Mitch Hedberg funny. What comedians do you like instead?

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
If you don't find Mitch Hedberg funny, you aren't intelligent and aren't a good person.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
The thing about Mitch was... people fell in love with his personality, his shy humble quirkyness, and his style of delivery, much more than his actual stand-up routine and comedy writing.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Mitch Hedberg was a very funny man. More universally so than most comedians, I think, because he was fairly clean but still humorous and didn't take any real stand in his act. Still, not my favorite comedian. I usually prefer bits and stories to a string of quick jokes.

He also owes a debt to Emo Phillips.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
lol i love him. wish i learned of him before he passed away :(

ajblaise said:
The thing about Mitch was... people fell in love with his personality, his shy humble quirkyness, and his style of delivery, much more than his actual stand-up routine and comedy writing.

hm probably true. it's not so much what he says, more the way he says it

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
He was about as funny as Wesley Willis.

"Al Capone is a stupid asshole. He is full of shit."

Anyone still considering intp? I think so/sx e91 isfp.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
He was about as funny as Wesley Willis.

"Al Capone is a stupid asshole. He is full of shit."

Anyone still considering intp? I think so/sx e91 isfp.
This is false equivocation. This is a Wesley Willis quote, and that was a man with severe mental disorders placing basically whatever he thought to music. This has no layering or humor. It is just Willis saying what he feels. Even the worst Hedberg jokes are more than that.

And I don't even think Hedberg is an INTP.

(I don't mean this as an attack on the schizophrenic, but Willis was clearly not mentally stable)

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6
i can't figure it out. what's his type?

No offense to the OP, but scanning the thread many people on this forum are very shitty at typing. "He's definitely and INTP" etc. Shut the fuck up until you learn to type.

Watching Hedberg for 5 min it's is blinding obvious he is massively Se, with Ni providing absurdity. Constantly moving, scanning, wordplays etc. Classic ESTP. While ESFP is also a possibility (dues to cognitives) it's more unlikely as they tend to be less ("wired") than ESTP's. I also know an ESTP (IRL) that suffers from anxiety and will break down if they have to do public speaking. Ironically.

ESTP

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No offense to the OP, but scanning the thread many people on this forum are very shitty at typing. "He's definitely and INTP" etc. Shut the fuck up until you learn to type.

Watching Hedberg for 5 min it's is blinding obvious he is massively Se, with Ni providing absurdity. Constantly moving, scanning, wordplays etc. Classic ESTP. While ESFP is also a possibility (dues to cognitives) it's more unlikely as they tend to be less ("wired") than ESTP's. I also know an ESTP (IRL) that suffers from anxiety and will break down if they have to do public speaking. Ironically.

ESTP

so everyone else sucks and should shut the fuck up, but you possess some magical ability that makes it obvious to you afte 5 minutes.. lol.

he's not an estp, sorry.

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6
so everyone else sucks and should shut the fuck up, but you possess some magical ability that makes it obvious to you afte 5 minutes.. lol.

he's not an estp, sorry.

Not magical at all. Just like if I practice tennis everyday I will get good. Someone who's played a few times and is really bad, yet acts and talks as if they are good, is pure arrogance.

A strong opinion needs to be justified. Strong opinions without actual knowledge, merely belief, is offensive and merely imitating an appearance of knowledge. You can take any single one of my statements and hold me to task on them. Since I only speak when I know something, or phrase it as a question when I don't.

Now, since you're not a Se user I don't expect you to understand how it's possible to type someone so accurately and quickly.

Furthermore you need to spend more time understanding what you know and what you don't know.

When I do not know something for sure, I ask questions.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not magical at all. Just like if I practice tennis everyday I will get good. Someone who's played a few times and is really bad, yet acts and talks as if they are good, is pure arrogance.

A strong opinion needs to be justified. Strong opinions without actual knowledge, merely belief, is offensive and merely imitating an appearance of knowledge. You can take any single one of my statements and hold me to task on them. Since I only speak when I know something, or phrase it as a question when I don't.

Now, since you're not a Se user I don't expect you to understand how it's possible to type someone so accurately and quickly.

Furthermore you need to spend more time understanding what you know and what you don't know.

When I do not know something for sure, I ask questions.
He's an ISFP. Your only argument was that he uses Se and Ni, which makes ISxP even more likely since Ni is higher up in the function hierarchy for them.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I too think he seems ISFP. And I love him.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp