• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Hangover

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I just saw this movie tonight.
It was hilarious.
What do you think the four main guys' types are?
Here are my opinions.

Phil: ESTP
Stu: ISTJ
Alan: INTP
Doug: ENFP

Doug's probably the toughest to type because his personality is the least developed of the four.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
I think there's already another thread (or two!) about this movie somewhere. (I agree, it was hilarious.)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I LOVE this movie. I initially dismissed it, but an ESFP friend talked me into seeing it with her, and it is hilarious. The last comedy I laughed that much at in the theater was "The Wedding Crashers."

Lightyear

Stu: ISTJ
Alan: INTP
Doug: ENFP

Doug's probably the toughest to type because his personality is the least developed of the four.

Stu could also be an ISFJ (but definitely an SJ), Alan is a bit untypable since he is just WEIRD and I came up with ENFJ for Doug.

Melissa (Stu's annoying other half) is probably a very bad example of an ESTJ and Mr Chow maybe another ESTP.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Stu could also be an ISFJ (but definitely an SJ), Alan is a bit untypable since he is just WEIRD and I came up with ENFJ for Doug.

Melissa (Stu's annoying other half) is probably a very bad example of an ESTJ and Mr Chow maybe another ESTP.

ISFJ is also a possibility for Stu- but methinks an important reason why he held on to Melissa wasn't even because he 'loved' her but because he believed she was the only person he could get. It's the way a lot of men work in relationships. Around his friends, he seemed very much a T. ISTJ's can often seem F-ish because they have a strong desire to not rock the boat and have that Guardian concern about others. However, an important difference between the ISTJ and the ISFJ is that the ISTJ will try to control others when the ISFJ would never dream of doing such a thing.

We didn't get to see much of Doug- but he seemed to have an adventurous side to him- like that of Phil and Alan. That's why I consider him to be a P. Stu is the only definite J in the group.

Alan is tough to type for obvious reasons. I've considered INTP, INFP, ISFP, and ISFJ. However, his eccentricities and relative comfort with the abstract made me cross of ISFP & ISFJ. I'm tempted just to say INXP. He did have his own set of emotional problems- however- keep in mind that doesn't make him a Feeler. I got a slightly stronger INTP vibe than INFP. However, Alan could just be an INXP- since it was unclear whether he preferred Thinking/Feeling.

I agree with you about Melissa and Mr. Chow. Chow is an example of an ESTP 'villain'- somewhat obnoxious. It's funny to say that the 'bitch' is an ESTJ- but it's the truth.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
This is a terrible movie. I smirked-smirked mind you-once when the guy said retard (n.) as retard (v.).

Lightyear

This is a terrible movie. I smirked-smirked mind you-once when the guy said retard (n.) as retard (v.).

I actually loved it so much I watched it twice. I think it's a great comedy and I had people repeatedly applauding in the screen because they were enjoying the movie so much. To each his own I suppose.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This movie was a total mess. I didn't know what to think of it at first, but eventually laughed my arse off. It is filled with so much unrealistic shit, you have to give yourself over to "willing suspension of disbelief" if you are to enjoy it, other wise you wasted your ticket price. I think TakeFive is coming from this angle, and if so I totally get that, because before I wrote the whole thing off I was getting kind of pissed at the film, but I eventually did laugh my ass off. :D

My wife and I cracked up over Mr. Lee. Do NOT fuck with him. Ha!!!

the-hangover-movie-poster-2.jpg

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Just seen! Loved it!
But why all of you think Alan is an introvert? :huh:
Too crazy to type but I think he is a sort of ExTP.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yeah, this movie was hilarious. I think people go in expecting nothing and just really enjoy themselves. I think they could have done without the credits though, it took away from the movie a bit for me.