• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Benjamin Franklin

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I've begun reading a biography on Benjamin Franklin by Walter Isaacson.
I can barely think of a better example of an ENTP- Franklin is someone all ENTP's can look up to as a role model- a scientist, politician, statesman, businessman, thinker, author, etc.. a jack-of-all trades.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, he is usually typed as ENTP.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
No idea, but I heard from a lot of places that he was the ultimate ladies' man.

LucrativeSid

He could be an ENTP. It's hard to say. I recently read his autobiography. He's was obviously a very clever man. Creative and adventurous. However, he was extremely self-controlled as well. He was very hard working and self-disciplined. Very determined. Very interested in personal-growth. ENTPs can be self-controlled, hard working, and self-disciplined because anybody can do anything if they think it's worth it, but due to those traits, I don't believe with absolute certainty that he was an ENTP.

However, in those days, hard work and discipline were the norm. It was harder to make a living. Children were raised differently. People were not as spoiled or lazy back then.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
He could be an ENTP. It's hard to say. I recently read his autobiography. He's was obviously a very clever man. Creative and adventurous. However, he was extremely self-controlled as well. He was very hard working and self-disciplined. Very determined. Very interested in personal-growth. ENTPs can be self-controlled, hard working, and self-disciplined because anybody can do anything if they think it's worth it, but due to those traits, I don't believe with absolute certainty that he was an ENTP.

However, in those days, hard work and discipline were the norm. It was harder to make a living. Children were raised differently. People were not as spoiled or lazy back then.

Franklin regarded himself as a man who was prone to a lack of self-control, so in order to increase his chances of success, he made sure to make self-control a top priority.
Also it was much harder to make a living back then, unlike many of the other Founding Fathers, Franklin didn't come from a wealthy family- which is why he was less prone to idleness than, for example, Thomas Jefferson.

However, he enjoyed traveling and was very adaptable.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
He was also a boozehound and a blatant womanizer..... so yeah, definitely someone ENTPs can look up to.