• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pirates of the Carribean MBTI

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Jack Sparrow-ENTJ
Barbosa-ESTJ
Elizabeth Swan-ExxP
William Turner Jr-ISFP
Commodore Norrington-ESFJ
Davey Jones-INFP
The East Indian Trading Company boss-INTJ

Agreed?

Did I miss anybody?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jack Sparrow: ENTP
Will Turner: ISFJ
Barbarossa: ESTJ
Elisabeth Swan: INFP

Don't know for the remain.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Elizabeth Swann is a T, she's a total dick.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Okay I'm going to make some arguments.

Sparrow (ENTJ): Sparrow is a planner through and through, he only appears to be unpredictable due to his constant lying. His focus on the "opportune moment" in the first movie illustrates this pretty well. Sparrow has a drive to lead and also command which is characteristic of ETJ. He constantly exploits the trust, abilities and connections of his friends to the point where no one who has any personal goals will trust him anymore.

Barbosa(ESTJ)- Unlike sparrow, Barbosa's plans almost never involve the mobilization things external to his direct command. He is far more skilled than sparrow in the general operations of a ship and has a much better sense of what it takes practically to be a captain. He has a demonstrated command of the pirate code surpassing Sparrow at least. However for all his skill he lacks Sparrow's drive, Barbosa has no grand vision or plan beyond his current goals. He accomplishes his short term goals with vigor and dedication.

Elizabeth Swan (ExFP)- Throughout the films, her spirited outbursts of crowd rousing idealism are difficult to count, I think it figures in there around eight of ten. She is the ultimate idealist romantic. When she was in port royal her thoughts were only of the romance of the sea, and when she is at the sea her thoughts are still focused on the romantic ideal of piratehood. It's hard to gauge her N/S, I'm leaning towards S just because ENFPs I've known are incredible genuine, which she isn't really.

Turner is ISTP, you're right.

Norrington I'd still peg as F. He never really demonstrates any T, but shows tonnes of F.

Jones you're right too, INFJ.

stormyapril

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
have to agree

sparrow is all entp

we frequently like to give people the illusion of control(hence appearance of lying) while constantly scheming. some of us come across as humbly staid, but all the while scheming our hearts away. It is effective and fun to watch the surprise and knowledge of our true capabilities to be understood the first time by people. Truly, part of the game. I have not met an ENTJ that does not don the apparel of rightful social authority, they were born with the general's uniform in hand for their mothers to dress them in.

Turner is a lovely istp

Calypso - enfp

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
have to agree

sparrow is all entp

we frequently like to give people the illusion of control(hence appearance of lying) while constantly scheming. some of us come across as humbly staid, but all the while scheming our hearts away. It is effective and fun to watch the surprise and knowledge of our true capabilities to be understood the first time by people. Truly, part of the game. I have not met an ENTJ that does not don the apparel of rightful social authority, they were born with the general's uniform in hand for their mothers to dress them in.

Turner is a lovely istp

Calypso - enfp

Absolutely true :yes:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is it me or is Turner very mushy for an ISTP (not that I mind :wubbie:)

Guess Calypso is a great example of both the appealing and dark side of an ENFP :devil:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jack: ENTP
Will: ISFP
Elizabeth: ESFP
Barbossa: ESTJ
Davy Jones: ISFP
Calypso: ENFP
Norrington: ISTJ
Lord Beckett: INTJ
Gov. Swann: ESTJ
Pintel and Raghetti: ESTP
Sao Feng: ISTP

inebriato

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jack Sparrow
ESTP

Barbosa
INTP

Elizabeth Swan
ENFJ

William Turner Jr-
ISFJ

Commodore Norrington-
ISTJ

Davey Jones-
ENTJ

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Jack Sparrow
ESTP

Barbosa
INTP

Elizabeth Swan
ENFJ

William Turner Jr-
ISFJ

Commodore Norrington-
ISTJ

Davey Jones-
ENTJ

I love this post because I agree with Sparrow being the S and Barbossa being the N

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Is it me or is Turner very mushy for an ISTP (not that I mind )

Yeah, he doesn't seem ISTP to me at all. He was very mushy and gentle. I didn't like him all that much.

Or Elizabeth, she was a very weak character.

I agree on Jack being a very deceptive and well planned J...ENTJ.

I liked Calypso a lot!

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Yeah, he doesn't seem ISTP to me at all. He was very mushy and gentle. I didn't like him all that much.

Or Elizabeth, she was a very weak character.

I agree on Jack being a very deceptive and well planned J...ENTJ.

I liked Calypso a lot!

That's just because Orlando Bloom doesn't have a T bone in his body. The character's a T, however.

Jack's a P. An ENTJ character would never wisecrack at being called "the worst pirate I've ever seen."

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love this post because I agree with Sparrow being the S and Barbossa being the N

The only reason why I think he's not an S is he's wacky mental behavior. I'd argue that S's are more in tune with the world. Furthermore, the only ESTP i know is so very keen of getting socially accepted, thus, devoid of any "wrong manners".

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jack: ENTP
Barbosa: ESTP (Barbosa is NOT SJ, only ENXPs, INTJs and ESXPs have smirks like that)
Will: ISFJ (he is way to rigid to be a P)
Elizabeth: ESFP
Davy Jones: no clue ESTJ? ENTJ? INFJ?
Calypso: INFJ
Norrington: ISTJ
Lord Becket: INTJ or ENTJ
Gov. Swan: ESTJ

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Will: ISFJ (he is way to rigid to be a P)
SPs tend to have their own (unclear and rapidly varying) moral system, and follow that instead of society's -- which fits Will's profile more than SJ rule-whoring does. He's P.

Davy Jones: no clue ESTJ? ENTJ? INFJ?
Davy Jones is INFP.

Calypso: INFJ
ENFP.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You spelled caribbean wrong. It's carib-bean.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jack Sparrow is the coolest drunken ENTP ever created. :D
One of the coolest characters ever created, IMHO.