• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pirates of the Carribean MBTI

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
final project sounds SINISTER :ninja:

and to repeat myself- I'm a Se dom... that's where my sense of humor and manner of expression primarily come from :newwink:

It's the function that is the most fun and the coolest in the whole universe to me :wubbie:

You immitate pretty good :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*sigh*

I think that Se and Si are perhaps more misunderstood than Ni around here... :doh:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*sigh*

I think that Se and Si are perhaps more misunderstood than Ni around here... :doh:

I just bored now and playing with my food...and to remove Ne in any shape or fashion...Food is the functions and I am just playing with things at this point...But the moment when you read "...and to remove Ne in any shape or form..." You could have mistaken what I said for Ne as there was no hint that I knew what I was talking about or could see it;) So could I say it was blind to Se? For some reason I think that Se would have been able to understand it though, but who am I to judge myself as I can see it without any perception since its my thoughts.:workout:

Unfocused reasoning, gotta love it, unless it drives you nuts:thinking:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
isn't it generally a sign of being nuts? :newwink:

* whatever genuinely IS nuts, and therefore can make this assessment! :holy:

KDude

Jack just seems like a guy who manuevers within his environment and improvises. And further, he's almost completely about physical feats and bullshitting. Not creating brilliant ideas beforehand. He's underestimated, and lacks clear ideas or an agenda so much to the point that people call him "The worst pirate ever.."

And then after slipping through, "He's the best pirate ever".

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
*sigh*

Ni descriptions are horribly overwritten, whereas Se and Si descriptions are horribly simplified. They're probably equally misunderstood, the only difference being that people actually realize that they misunderstand Ni.

_BRI_

MBTI Type
ENTP
jack is entp

jack sparrow is the ultimate entp...excuse my poor english but sparrow is all entp...
he is never in charge of the crew, he wants to be the greatest pirate of all times and he is obsessed with the mytic ship the black pearl but he can never get it for himself... he happens to be in charge because everyone is trying to accomplish their own goals but they know jack is the right one to guide them because he will always do the right thing for the majority, he loves the pirate philosophy... and they believe he has the wit to do just about anything for them...
he has a compass that points to wherever he wants LOL .. he is the only one who actually recruits people.. the other captains have a cursed crew (davy jones and barbossa) or mercenaries (sao feng) and conscripts(trade company)and he mediates with people who is willing to get him to the gallows pole or walking the plank just because he loves politics..
His actions are planned at the moment, he does not have long therm plans like the other guys. But he is always the only one who sees the big picture and knows exactly what everyone wants.
The creators of the film themselves said the character was inspirated by bugs bunny and groucho max which both happens to be entp as well... so?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
jack sparrow is the ultimate entp...excuse my poor english but sparrow is all entp...
he is never in charge of the crew, he wants to be the greatest pirate of all times and he is obsessed with the mytic ship the black pearl but he can never get it for himself... he happens to be in charge because everyone is trying to accomplish their own goals but they know jack is the right one to guide them because he will always do the right thing for the majority, he loves the pirate philosophy... and they believe he has the wit to do just about anything for them...
he has a compass that points to wherever he wants LOL .. he is the only one who actually recruits people.. the other captains have a cursed crew (davy jones and barbossa) or mercenaries (sao feng) and conscripts(trade company)and he mediates with people who is willing to get him to the gallows pole or walking the plank just because he loves politics..
His actions are planned at the moment, he does not have long therm plans like the other guys. But he is always the only one who sees the big picture and knows exactly what everyone wants.
The creators of the film themselves said the character was inspirated by bugs bunny and groucho max which both happens to be entp as well... so?

I grew up watching Bugs Bunny and I dont see a resemblence between Jack Sparrow and Bugs Bunny. Were they smoking crack when they were inspirated?

Anyway I think its funny that only ENTPs can see the big picture and everyone else is blind to it. I work with an ENTP on my team and the only thing I see in regard to them seeing the big picture is his frustration with others ignoring it. "Ignore" is not equal to "not seeing". What my impression is is that this ENTP worries more about the big picture then others.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okuyMm9Dirc"]Ne[/YOUTUBE]

Multiple Roleplay = multiple bouncing of Ideas(Ne).

KDude

I grew up watching Bugs Bunny and I dont see a resemblence between Jack Sparrow and Bugs Bunny. Were they smoking crack when they were inspirated?

Anyway I think its funny that only ENTPs can see the big picture and everyone else is blind to it. I work with an ENTP on my team and the only thing I see in regard to them seeing the big picture is his frustration with others ignoring it. "Ignore" is not equal to "not seeing". What my impression is is that this ENTP worries more about the big picture then others.

Whether the creators were inspired by Bugs Bunny or not, the whole cast agrees that Johnny threw a lot out about the character (and if you listen to the commentaries, they started working with him to rewrite as it was being filmed). In addition to that, Johnny time and again says that he based him on Pepe LePew and Keith Richards. :cheese: Lol, not sure what that amounts to..Pepe may be ESFP, and Keith is almost surely an ISTP.

Anyways, whatever. Could be ENTP/Could be ESTP.. could be that we really shouldn't give a shit. Could be a little of both ;)

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
could be that we really shouldn't give a shit.

FUCK YES!!!

TYPOLOGY = FAKE
FICTIONAL CHARACTER = FAKE

FAKE + FAKE = !#@#$^#@#%$

_BRI_

MBTI Type
ENTP

I'm sorry you do not understand the entp personality.. you aren't suppose to work with an entp at all.. you have to work around his ideas because he will see things you won't. Plain english.
I being an entp myself, have finished several succesful proyects to completion and I don't see how could I fail to accomplish my trade if there is not a smart ass in the team trying to make me look or feel bad or trying to prove he is so better than me because he can get things done... which is no problem if can fire him or ask the boss to do it...
That's the dilemma, you would love to steal or disregard someone else's idea when they are both workers with a fixed salary just because you are more willing or prepared to play the boss, even when you are not the one who is paying for it... do you get what I mean ? I have seen lots of guys having the same salary and pretending to be generals in the field when they are in fact doing the job no one is willing to do because it involves fucking people's lives and acting like a total asshole.

Whether the creators were inspired by Bugs Bunny or not, the whole cast agrees that Johnny threw a lot out about the character (and if you listen to the commentaries, they started working with him to rewrite as it was being filmed). In addition to that, Johnny time and again says that he based him on Pepe LePew and Keith Richards. :cheese: Lol, not sure what that amounts to..Pepe may be ESFP, and Keith is almost surely an ISTP.

Anyways, whatever. Could be ENTP/Could be ESTP.. could be that we really shouldn't give a shit. Could be a little of both ;)

then you don't believe in the system hence your irony makes me wonder if you are feeling good today... but, I have seen the potc trilogy like 4 times... have you? I can tell you anything you want about the movie... you can change the way you walk the things you say but you cannot change the script mate...

KDude

hmm.. i detect a contest. you win ;)

entp it is. i'm not invested in this really. i'm only pointing out that from johnny's perspective, he thought it'd be funny to channel pepe lepew and keef. not bugs bunny and groucho marx.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm sorry you do not understand the entp personality.. you aren't suppose to work with an entp at all.. you have to work around his ideas because he will see things you won't. Plain english.
I being an entp myself, have finished several succesful proyects to completion and I don't see how could I fail to accomplish my trade if there is not a smart ass in the team trying to make me look or feel bad or trying to prove he is so better than me because he can get things done... which is no problem if can fire him or ask the boss to do it...
That's the dilemma, you would love to steal or disregard someone else's idea when they are both workers with a fixed salary just because you are more willing or prepared to play the boss, even when you are not the one who is paying for it... do you get what I mean ? I have seen lots of guys having the same salary and pretending to be generals in the field when they are in fact doing the job no one is willing to do because it involves fucking people's lives and acting like a total asshole.

then you don't believe in the system hence your irony makes me wonder if you are feeling good today... but, I have seen the potc trilogy like 4 times... have you? I can tell you anything you want about the movie... you can change the way you walk the things you say but you cannot change the script mate...

I challenge your vision of an ISTP. I dont know if that was aimed at me...but I work in the background, I ask for no credit for what I do, it honestly makes me feel awkward at times when I do get credit.

Sorry I dont like your idea of working with an ENTP, I found my own way that actually "works with" an ENTP. Its called providing ideas and concepts, using past experience to help him build on his ideas. We have 2 different perception functions while both using Ti, so while our "focus" is different we complement each other. What we construct is different and you are blind to my big picture. You will never see the things I see:doh: So no I dont have desire to "see" your big picture, but to understand your big picture is a different thing all together.

My big picture is all encompassing, not just the script. So it includes what the actor adds as well as everyone else involved.

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
He is ESTP. Dont confuse his act with who he is. He plays people and everything is like a game. He lives in confusion and confusing others. ENTPs are to insecure with S to be able to play people like Jack does. The STPs I know so easily fit in that they dont have to worry about being accepted. We can easily act stupid or mental with no fear. ESTPs are known as "players" for a reason ;)

ill agree on this one - he is too skillful with playing people around to be ENTP - thats ESTP trait (would know...my father is an ESTP hahha)
ESTPs are easily accepted and they are often very good in "people games" or even as rule they are good in "people games"

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you guys are crazy
Will: ESFJ 1w2 So/Sx
Elizabeth: ESTP 7w8 Sx/So

Captain Jack Sparrow: ENTP 7w6 So/Sx
Barbossa: ESTP 8w7 Sx/So
Gibbs: ESFJ 6w7 So/Sx
Governor Swan: ESTJ 3w4 So/Sp
Norrington: ISTJ 3w4 So/Sx
Beckett: INTJ 5w4 Sp/Sx

Davy Jones: INFJ 8w9 Sx/Sp
Calypso: INFJ 2w1 Sx/Sp

Black Beard: ENTJ 8w9 Sx/Sp
Angelica: ESTJ 8w7 So/Sx

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Jack Sparrow - enTP
Will Turner - ISxJ He is pretty upright.
Elisabeth Swann - ESxx

Elisabeth's father: ESFJ
Gibbs - ESFP
Davy Jones - INFJ
Barbossa ESTj
Calypso - ENFj
Norrington - ESxJ
What about this guy with the glass eye and his friend? They're too funny. :D

Btw: I will not try to type the characters from Potc 4 because I don't add this movie to the series -.-

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Jack Sparrow: ENTP (just to piss Poki off)
William Turner: ISTP
Elizabeth Swann: ESFP
Davy Jones: INFP
Barbossa: ESTP
Calypso: ENFP

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I noticed you guys have typed Barbossa as ESTJ, ESTP, and ENTJ.
Can somebody explain this? Because I didn't see any explanations for these.
[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION] [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

487473million

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w4
I'd probably agree with Jack being ENTP, not sure about the other characters.