• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Satan

Mole

Permabanned
We have discovered Satan is not only part of each of us, but is also. part of our institutions.

And we are set up to deal with individual crime, but we are not so good at dealing with institutional crime.

For instance, the USA refuses to join the rest of civilised nations in becoming a member of the International Criminal Court.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
INFJ 4w5

type 4 = 100%

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For instance, the USA refuses to join the rest of civilised nations in becoming a member of the International Criminal Court.

That's because Americans don't commit crimes, silly.

Mole

Permabanned
That's because Americans don't commit crimes, silly.
Individual Americans are served by their criminals justice system, while the International Criminal Court deals best with institutional crime, such as the present genocide of the Rohynga in Myanmar, formally Burma.

The deeper problem is that we unconsciously identify wiihth the iinstutions that shape us - and narcissists are the worst..

Lib

Permabanned
In the book of Job, Satan was just wandering around the Earth when God came to him. Not doing much important to him, which seems TP to me. And then he changed tasks pretty willingly and that also seems P. There are some types, that if God asked them what they are doing, would be like "I've been sitting here waiting for you to assign me a task, because it's in my scheduler! What took you so long?". Or, "I'm doing something very important. Please stop bothering me.". Or, "You want me to do what? Stupid asshole.". So anyways, I agree with you
But it's after he fell. What was he before that?

What was he before that?

A used car salesmen in Detroit.

j833fZ7.jpg

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But it's after he fell. What was he before that?
Lucifer, the angel of light.

Catholic priest and popular author Andrew Greeley has an interesting perspective on that in his novel "Angel Fire".

Lib

Permabanned
Lucifer, the angel of light.

Catholic priest and popular author Andrew Greeley has an interesting perspective on that in his novel "Angel Fire".
How was Lucifer personality described in his book?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How was Lucifer personality described in his book?
It's been awhile since I read it. Lucifer is a tangential character there, included only by reference and not directly, so the impression isn't strong. What I recall is a combination of creativity, independence, and hubris (a bit like Icarus flying too close to the sun).

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
definitely a p. i'd go with istp or entp. gotta get some 8 or repressed 8 action. the heat and the gnashing of teeth must come from somewhere.

i also think the idea of infjs as angels and devils is really funny. what if neither hitler nor gandhi were infjs? what if gandhi was actually, gasp, a T? what if dr martin luther king jr was an estj? what if hitler was an e2 isfj helper, sx/sp? what if jim carey is the actual infj we need to be talking about? (an infj 9w1 so/sx);

perhaps this is the best way we are angels and devils--we are actually good at making and embodying cartoons. meanwhile, with most of the nfs, their bests feel amazing to get to share, and their worsts are so achingly disappointing. learning how to steady the thru line of that IS a real challenge and requires development to support actual, day-to-day, earned consistency. i feel like the most devilish infj is someone who hit some success and then fell apart with some of the beta quadras worst tendencies. the low moments of a jim carey or conor oberst seem perfect in capturing that. but we're still no pharma bro or john simm rendition of the master. it's so disappointing because of how much it seems like, man, you SHOULD be better. it's not that you don't get it. it's that you haven't figured out how to do the work to live out a moderately effective version of yourself and live in alignment with your ideals (and even more, the true self there whose needs are articulated by them). we may not get it, but one thing that is pretty safe to say is that we do keep seeking.

now, i wouldn't doubt that king and gandhi maybe had some infj friends, but i'm still waiting for the day when infjs become incredible organizers leading the way.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From an ex-Satanist perspective, Lucifer was confident, charismatic, open about sexuality, and very creative. He was most definately smart as well, with a bit of smug.

Id say ENTJ or ENTP

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why does it even matter

you thinking knowing his/her/they’s Personality, you’ll find an advantage and be granted access/barred from hell?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought this was about Stan. I guess I'll have to start a separate thread just about Stan.

Mole

Permabanned
We mention his name and Satan appears. But wait, we don't want to be sexist, so perhaps Satan is a woman? If we suspend our disbelief, we can imagine Satan in satin, as beautiful as she is evil. "I'd rather rule in Hell", she says, "than serve in Heaven", and we shiver in fright and delight. Who will save us from Satan?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We mention his name and Satan appears. But wait, we don't want to be sexist, so perhaps Satan is a woman? If we suspend our disbelief, we can imagine Satan in satin, as beautiful as she is evil. "I'd rather rule in Hell", she says, "than serve in Heaven", and we shiver in fright and delight. Who will save us from Satan?

I like how poetic this is