• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Leonardo DiCaprio's type

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
What say you to LD as an ESFP?

Interview with Katie Couric (5 minutes)
On Good Morning America (5 minutes)
With Kate Winslet on the red carpet (3 minutes)

He plays SP roles to perfection (This Boy's Life, The Quick and the Dead, Marvin's Room, Romeo and Juliet, Catch Me If You Can) and he strikes me as definitely F (and S) in interviews. I'd also say E despite his obvious anxious reticence in interviews, which seems to me to be protective (i.e. he dislikes being exploited by journalists) rather than evidence of Introversion.

From this bio:

At age 5 Leonardo made an appearance on his own favourite show, the educational Romper Room. Evidently this was not a prototype for the later Romper Stomper, but Leo was still nearly tossed off the set for his unruly behaviour.

(...)

He wasn't good in class, finding it hard to focus on academic studies. Indeed, he'd take to cribbing off his peers' papers and become known as Leonardo Retardo. Instead, he concentrated on breakdancing for his peers at lunchtime, and playing practical jokes on the neighbours.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I would definately say ExFP. It's difficult to really tell, though, because it seems like he is always on the verge of really expressing himself but feels constrained. (probably afraid of doing something stupid for the whole world tos ee)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would definately say ExFP.

I agree with that.

Interestingly, in the movie "Titanic," he seemed like an ESFP actor trying to play an ENFP character (Jack) -- he was trying to sound profound and inspirational when saving Rose from her predefined existence but only some of the lines rang true.

His mannerisms, facial expressions, speaking style, etc., all remind me of the ESFP friend I grew up with. Some ESFPs are very much over-the-top or annoying extroverted; my friend was the eldest and ended up being very mature in how he carried himself, a little more low-key, while still maintaining the fun-loving/amiable attitude.

anainani

MBTI Type
isfp
Leonardo DiCaprio

Couldn't find any threads about him. I basically know nothing about him, I just happen to love almost all his movies: What's eating Gilbert Grape, Blood Diamond, Catch me if you can, The Aviator, The Beach, This Boys Life, Titanic, Basketball Diaries, Gangs of New York, Iron Mask, Romeo and Juliet...
I just watched an interview with him YouTube - Leonardo DiCaprio best interview part 2. Might be ESFP, or maybe ESTP, but I'm pretty sure he's ESP. What do you think? :)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Merged threads.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Interesting. I have no idea of his type in real life, but in movies he seems drawn to INFP roles. He does a good job of playing a tortured, passionate lover. (Blood Diamond, Inception, The Departed, Shutter Island, Revolutionary Road, etc.) I would be somewhat surprised to see an SP attracted to such dark, intense romantic roles. But who knows.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
esfp. what's his enneagram? probably an sx/sp? maybe 7w8? he has that kind of anger/energy like a 9w8 like james franco.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
ESFP. There is nothing I about this guy, as a person - outside of his work. And I'm sure he is attracted to those roles because they are a challenge. And ESFP can be dark too.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Where'd you get esfp? That's hard to perceive. infp makes way more sense to me.

I feel like he and Jack Nicholson could be interchangeable somehow, and often.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
but he seems so F. jack doesn't seem f. he doesn't scheme or sell anything, he just burns. core of Fi. he always plays characters with a wound that won't heal. like the clock is ticking and that is part of the suspense of his storyline.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What I meant is that since Jack's an estp and (I think) Leo's an infp, their inherent values are basically the same. Matt Damon/Leo. River Phoenix's brother.

If I had the patience to learn Russian, I'd buy and maybe read some of that socionics text out there.