• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anne Frank?

hommefatal

She seems very intellectual to me, INxx, equal on T/F, and maybe a bit more J. But it's just the vibe she gives me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
My sister just graduated from "Anne-Frank High-School" and the director said, in her speech "that like when the dutch were calling for all writers in the nazi time, Anne Frank responded to that call".

That was so totally overinterpretated, she was a little girl who wrote a diary and she didnt answer to the call of the netherlands to write...

I really liked to read her book, in a twisted sense of liking and I felt alot of pain afterwards, but to type her in mbti terms, is like what the school director said:

total overinterpretation of reality, which ultimately ruins the person.

Chloe

I really don't see why we wouldn't try to type Anne Franks, her diary is very personal and there's enough info to try to type her. we try to type here every day people who we've seen for 5 sec on tv..

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
My sister just graduated from "Anne-Frank High-School" and the director said, in her speech "that like when the dutch were calling for all writers in the nazi time, Anne Frank responded to that call".

That was so totally overinterpretated, she was a little girl who wrote a diary and she didnt answer to the call of the netherlands to write...

I really liked to read her book, in a twisted sense of liking and I felt alot of pain afterwards, but to type her in mbti terms, is like what the school director said:

total overinterpretation of reality, which ultimately ruins the person.

Seriously? As far as I know she didn't respond to that call. I always learned at school that Anne actually didn't want anyone to read her diary because "that's the fear of every teenage girl".

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ya that's what I meant, sry if my english sucks.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFJ. I've never known an ENFP who could keep a diary long enough.

Pfft, you'd be surprised. I'm eNFp (probably???) and when my Te is up, I feel the need to systematically write stuff down, and I did that A LOT as a kid.

Also, remember that the stressful situation was probably more likely to increase her inferior functions (Te/Si). She was able to deal with her impressions (Ne/Fi) a lot better on paper, especially since she had NO ONE to talk to (similar to me as a kid, and I reacted the same way). Since she had to be super quiet, she could not indulge in imaginary friends, say nothing of other folks, and since she could hardly relate to anyone - YEAH! I'm going with eNFp.

eNFj could be possible, but I doubt it. That girl was NOT Fe dominant, which is what got her in trouble. Her mom and sister were Fe dom/aux, and most of them were esses. She also fell for the INTP (woo hoo, another hint). More like an Ne/Fi with an extremely developed Te for her age. Being somewhat similar, I can relate.

Chloe

That girl was NOT Fe dominant, which is what got her in trouble. Her mom and sister were Fe dom/aux, and most of them were esses.

Good point, I don't know how ENFjs get along with ESFjs but she had lot of fights with her mom because of mom's Fe dominant so - she wasnt Fe dom!

She also fell for the INTP (woo hoo, another hint). More like an Ne/Fi with an extremely developed Te for her age. Being somewhat similar, I can relate.

yeah, I was also kid with strong Te for sure, and can relate to her as well. I even spent part of my childhood during war in shelters, and it was also similar, I kinda adored going to shelters (weird I know) because all people from neighborhood would be there and people were totally different during war- less unfriendly and arogant.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL I can tell you how - my grandmother is an esFJ or enFJ - GAHHH!!!

I have a love/hate relationship with her - okay, that's exaggerating slightly!!! But not much!!!!!

She has a lot of traits I love - caring compassion - she can just glance at you and tell you what you're feeling. She's the most giving person I know. Brilliant woman, brilliant teacher. At 94, she can still quote poetry and stuff from when she was a girl. She reads religious scholars and contemplative literature - biographies, and everything. She has great ideas, can organize everything, is a caring hostess, etc. etc. She takes time out, always puts herself last, puts everyone else first. She has so much love, I don't know how she does not explode....She loves people more than I've ever seen....She's endlessly patient, always willing to give people a second chance and forgive.

BUT SOMETIMES SHE DRIVES ME NUTS!!!

She is pedantically religious; can't understand perspectives outside her own; believes she's right; prejudiced; she tries to control EVERYTHING, including me (GRRR!!!!!) and is subtle about it but doesn't realize I'm not a stupid idiot...when I start telling her to cut the crap, she cries and whines about her high blood pressure and to go easy on her. Projects her own worries on others. Can organize money well but OVERSPENDS (how does THAT work???) She pays all her bills on time, freaks out if she doesn't or can't, but goes overboard!!!! She tries to understand but doesn't and her Fe dominance drives me ape crazy!! She lies to keep the peace. Dear woman. And then says, "She did not want to bother/worry/trouble me."

Yeah, anyway, that's eNFp and esFJ...gah!!

cfs1992

I think she's an INFP... daydreamer, open-minded, has complex feelings, needs some time alone... but I don't know if her "introvertedness" came up as a consequence of the circumstances, because she felt misunderstood sometimes... Maybe an outgoing INFP or a depressed ENFP (oh yes, she was very depressed...).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Was she ENFP?
well definately E - She was recharging interacting with people around her.
N - she even mentioned searching for patterns everywhere, ... always looked into future.
F - she had Fi, said herself that she is very sensitive on the inside but don't show it to people.
My perception is she was random.
Well, I red book 10 yrs ago so maybe I forgot something about her, I watched movie yesterday.

I think she was ENFP 3w4 Sx/So (alternatively I could see her being a 7, but 3w4 and 7w6 were definitely both in her tritype)
she is often listed at INFP, but she struck me as more fiery and outspoken (INFPs tend to be more subtle and soft spoken). I think people tend to think everyone who writes a diary is INFP or something :dry:

Edit: if not ENFP, I could see ESFP as well

S

SingSmileShine

Hm. I read her diary too many years ago to remember her well enough to type, but I would say based on what I do actually remember that she's INFJ.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hm. I read her diary too many years ago to remember her well enough to type, but I would say based on what I do actually remember that she's INFJ.

how is she an introvert? she was a drama queen diva who dreamed of being a famous actress.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think she was ENFP 3w4 Sx/So

That's my guess too, except that I think she was So/Sx, not Sx/So, she was bubbly and social, but too much sotf and not the dramatic intensity and wildfire energy of the Sx/So.