• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

RAF - Red Army Faction - Baader Meinhof

hommefatal

What were their types?

Andreas Baader: ESTP?
Ulrike Meinhof: INFJ?
Gudrun Ensslin: ISTJ?
Horst Mahler: ISTJ?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I was a kid, from 1981-1983, I lived in Bad Vilbel, close to Frankfurt a.M.

My Dad was in the U.S. Army, and our housing complex (our house was on Beethoven Strasse) was encircled in barbed wire, patrolled by military police (MP's) with German Shepherds, and there was a check point at the front of the housing area where MPs would check your military ID, then put a mirror under your car before you drove into the neighborhood.

We (the kids of U.S. military personnel) were taken to school on a DIFFERENT touring style (commercial tourist) bus everyday. Our school (Atterberry Elementary) received bomb threats regularly, every few months, and we had to be evacuated. I was in 2nd and 3rd grade at that time.

Vehicles of U.S. soldiers had been rigged with bombs that detonated when the vehicle was started, so a few soldiers lost thier lives as they started their cars to go to work in the morning.

Why was all this going on?

Baader Meinhof.

They are one of the few terrorist organizations worldwide that deemed it acceptable to target children of U.S. government staff for assassination in order to make a statement.

Crazy, extremist, militant Germans that had a really big problem with the U.S.A.

Interesting you should mention them, I haven't heard that name for quite some time.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
haha. I never judge people so I it's not difficult talking about 'bad' people to me. Of course I don't value their deeds but I value rehabilitation.:)

I don't know that you can rehabilitate a terrorist, or more simply put, a person that has chosen to kill innocent civilians for a political agenda.

The best rehabilitation for a terrorist is with a bullet, or several, or swimming in ocean water with lots of chum in it during Great White breeding season...

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Andreas Baader - ENFP

Edit. I've read a bit about the various members of the RAF; all seem to have started off as harmless idealists. The coming together of the various elements and the resultant mayhem seems related to the way their personalities came together to form RAF. Another core factor is German disallusionment in the 70s - with the widespread public sympathy, if not for the methodology of RAF, for some of the goals.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Andreas Baader - ENFP

Edit. I've read a bit about the various members of the RAF; all seem to have started off as harmless idealists. The coming together of the various elements and the resultant mayhem seems related to the way their personalities came together to form RAF. Another core factor is German disallusionment in the 70s with the widespread public sympathy, if not for the methodology of RAF, for some of the goals.

I don't know about this. What if the ideals of the group were harmful? What they hoped to achieve in Germany wouldn't have been positive for the vast majority of the German people.

hommefatal

I don't know that you can rehabilitate a terrorist, or more simply put, a person that has chosen to kill innocent civilians for a political agenda.

The best rehabilitation for a terrorist is with a bullet, or several, or swimming in ocean water with lots of chum in it during Great White breeding season...
:cry:

Andreas Baader - ENFP

Edit. I've read a bit about the various members of the RAF; all seem to have started off as harmless idealists. The coming together of the various elements and the resultant mayhem seems related to the way their personalities came together to form RAF. Another core factor is German disallusionment in the 70s with the widespread public sympathy, if not for the methodology of RAF, for some of the goals.
I don't know. He seems much like the doer to me.

Mole

Permabanned
What were their types?

Andreas Baader: ESTP?
Ulrike Meinhof: INFJ?
Gudrun Ensslin: ISTJ?
Horst Mahler: ISTJ?

What completely changes our view of the Baader-Meinhof gang was the discovery that the whole thing was started by a deliberate murder by an Agent of the Communist East German Government.

So we were fooled by the idealism. We were fooled by their claim to be fighting the Auschwitz generation. And we were fooled by their anti-war claims.

So the interesting question remains -

Were the Baader-Meinhof gang also fooled by the Communist East German Government or were they willing tools?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Moved from Politics or whatever

Mole

Permabanned
Were the Baader-Meinhof gang also fooled by the Communist East German Government or were they willing tools?

Or did they commit group suicide when they realized the Communist East German Government had hung them out to dry and had no intention of rescuing them?

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Or did they commit group suicide when they realized the Communist East German Government had hung them out to dry and had no intention of rescuing them?

Meinhof was sent to Coventry by Ensslin, in Stammheim. She got a bit depressed without her chums' support. Poor Ulrike.

Interestingly, Horst Mahler claims not to have "compromised " his "values". He's back in prison for his rabid anti-semitism and Holocaust denial, after precipitating a case against himself, in what the judge suggested was a sideshow for his "beliefs". His beliefs include the approval of the 9/11 attacks on the US. He's also a qualified lawyer, BTW.

German Neo-nazi Jailed For Holocaust Denial

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This is basically where the "what type is X?" stuff goes.