• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

songwriters/musicians

B

brainheart

Again, not sure why you're acting like this is some sort of mission for the downtrodden.

Not a mission for the downtrodden, I just don't think you can say ISFPs lack depth of feeling when the depth of feeling comes from introverted feeling not from the perceiving function. Perhaps the Ne and Se will cause them to explore or express the feelings differently, I suppose, but the feeling remains, regardless.

And for full disclosure, I have tested as both an INFP and an ISFP. Also, I used to see INFPs at some sort of higher level than ISFPs, I will be honest, like I couldn't be an ISFP because I'm too smart and creative and I did well in school and what have you. I think there is some pretty heavy N bias on the websites which leads people to believe that if they aren't content working at McDonald's and watching TV all of the time they must be an N. What makes me lean toward ISFP for myself now is that I do have a tendency to live in the present and I seem to lack the desire to help people to the level that INFPs are supposed to. (And my husband says the ISFP description at bestfit suits me better than the INFP.) But... I write and play music and make art and believe me, my feeling is deep. And I express it. And it isn't in a superficial or shallow fashion.

And yes, I have been reading and researching and paying attention to people for a long time, too.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Kanye an intuit? LOL.

Why not? He uses a lot of symbolism and imagery in some of his songs - "Homecoming" is a great example of this. Plus look at his album cover for Graduation - it has NF written all over it.

revolve

what about kimya dawson (formerly from the moldy peaches) . . . i love her . . . i think infp

B

brainheart

Read the disclaimer. I'm a nut job. Sorry.

EDIT: The disclaimer was that I mistyped myself and I'm actually an ENFP.

Last edited:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kanye's ENFP. But I've been through this already so anyone looking for my reasons can do a search...

And NFs do not have deeper feeling than SFs. It's just expressed differently. Mariah Carey and Sade I think are both ISFPs and have plenty of depth.

Not a mission for the downtrodden, I just don't think you can say ISFPs lack depth of feeling when the depth of feeling comes from introverted feeling not from the perceiving function. Perhaps the Ne and Se will cause them to explore or express the feelings differently, I suppose, but the feeling remains, regardless.

Right.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And NFs do not have deeper feeling than SFs. It's just expressed differently. Mariah Carey and Sade I think are both ISFPs and have plenty of depth.

mariah carey?...depth?...LOL

:D

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
mariah carey?...depth?...LOL

:D

Why don't you think she has depth? I think her songs have plenty of depth (whether she wrote them or not, her voice is conveying the message). I don't judge people on surface characteristics, and I think on the surface all mainstream celebrities seem shallow, but not all of them are.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why don't you think she has depth? I think her songs have plenty of depth.

i agree her lyrics sound like they have depth, however...most mainstream artists do not write their music. even if she had a vague concept of what she wanted to say, i'm sure she had plenty of help to acquire the dept and the message that was ultimately expressed on her songs. that goes for most, and i mean almost all, mainstream artists.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^See my edit, you quoted too quickly. :tongue:

B

brainheart

i agree her lyrics sound like they have depth, however...most mainstream artists do not write their music. even if she had a vague concept of what she wanted to say, i'm sure she had plenty of help to acquire the dept and the message that was ultimately expressed on her songs. that goes for most, and i mean almost all, mainstream artists.

I can't believe I'm defending Mariah Carey, but I think the point trying to be made here is that just because someone isn't the best at expressing their depth of feeling verbally does not mean that they lack it.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
the way someone's voice expresses emotion has nothing to do with depth. it just so happens this person has a skill and "gift" in the way they can manipulate sounds.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't believe I'm defending Mariah Carey, but I think the point trying to be made here is that just because someone isn't the best at expressing their depth of feeling verbally does not mean that they lack it.

when i LOL'ed i didn't mean to say she lacked it completely. but i have not seen her expressing a lot of depth at all in the few interviews, award shows or mtv crib things i've seen ha.

B

brainheart

My point again: inability to express depth doesn't mean that you don't have any.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
stop putting words into my mouth, how's that? to be shallow does not equate to be emotionally dead, or does it?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the way someone's voice expresses emotion has nothing to do with depth. it just so happens this person has a skill and "gift" in the way they can manipulate sounds.

I'm not saying her voice, as in the pitch, tone, and what have you. I mean her voice as in her spirit, soul, etc.

But this is pointless. If you don't think she has depth, good for you. It's kind of beside the point that I was making that NFs do not necessarily have deeper feeling than SFs. And way too many people typed here as N I think are S.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My point again: inability to express depth doesn't mean that you don't have any.

I'm not saying her voice, as in the pitch, tone, and what have you. I mean her voice as in her spirit, soul, etc.

But this is pointless. If you don't think she has depth, good for you. It's kind of besides the point that I was making that NFs do not necessarily have deeper feeling than SFs. And way too many people typed her as N I think are S.

yes, yes my children. i did not mean that because someone may not express emotion, or thoughts, or appear to be shallow they lack depth completely. in fact, i think all humans have depth except i also believe the ones in tune w/that depth are the deeper ones, and those oblivious or easily distracted are the more shallow ones.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes, yes my children. i did not mean that because someone may not express emotion, or thoughts, or appear to be shallow they lack depth completely. in fact, i think all humans have depth except i also believe the ones in tune w/that depth are the deeper ones, and those oblivious or easily distracted are the more shallow ones.

I wasn't directing my response to you though, but another poster. Should've quoted, but I wanted to make it a general message.

B

brainheart

stop putting words into my mouth, how's that? to be shallow does not equate to be emotionally dead, or does it?

Sorry, I'm not trying to put words in your mouth. I guess I get defensive when a person says someone lacks something internal when we, not being her, can have no clue. Assuming someone lacks 'depth of feeling' seems like a shaky ground on which to stand, in my opinion, because then it is as if you are saying that she is a lesser human being. As much as I dislike Mariah Carey's music and laugh at what she has to say, I have no idea how she feels inside and I don't want to make any claim to know. It seems presumptuous and elitist.