• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Chuck (tv series)

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Only watched four episodes in 1st season for now.
My guess:

Chuck - ENTP (an older Seth Cohen version)
Casey - ISTJ
Sarah - ENTJ
Morgan - ISFP
Ellie - ESFJ
Captain Awesome - ESTP
Big Mike - ESTJ

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Nice assessment! I think Chuck is a bit of an enigma...he's an awfully emotionally expressed "T", I think. Love that show.

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
OMG my favorite show in the entire world. I agree with you on Casey, Morgan, and Ellie. Some of the people you didn't list (I'm guessing you haven't seen enough of them yet or they haven't shown up yet since you're not that far along):

General Beckman - ESTJ
Bryce Larkin - ESTP
Jill - INFJ? INTJ?
The Beefcake (Cole?) - ESTP

Ted Roark - ENTP
Orion - INFJ

The rest of the Buy More gang:
Anna - ESTP
Emmett - ESTJ
Lester - ENTP
Jeff - ISTP? He's so messed up it's hard to tell what he is.
(Also, it cracks me up that Jeff and Lester form a band called "Jeffster," and I've noticed that one of the more prominent forum members here goes by that username =P)

Chuck - ENTP (an older Seth Cohen version)

I actually thought INFP. The fact that he worked at the Buy More for FIVE YEARS without doing anything to change his situation implies strong Si. INFPs get stuck in Fi-Si ruts, but I have a hard time seeing an Ne-dom sticking with a job they hate for that long.

Plus, a big part of the show is just how "F" Chuck is and how feelings don't have a place in the T spy world. As for specific examples: In the last episode of Season 2, he tells Morgan, "Follow your heart buddy, our heads only get us into trouble." Then there's the episode where an old gf of Casey's shows up and Chuck basically hounds Casey into having a heart-to-heart chat with him about her. I have more examples of Chuck's F-ness, but I'll stop here for now. =P

Hmm ... now that I'm thinking about it, I guess I could see ENTP, but his function order must be something like Ne = Fe > Ti. lol.

Sarah - ENTJ

I thought ISFP for her. She makes a lot of T decisions because of her training, but she's an F at heart. As the show goes on, you'll see that it's second nature for her to take Chuck's feelings into consideration when they're on missions, even when it's not the efficient thing to do. She and Casey are foils for each other—he's all about the mission, and while she tries to be all about the mission, she can't help but take into account the emotional states of the people involved as well. Plus, the way Yvonne Strahovski plays Sarah, you frequently can see the emotion shining through her eyes even when she's trying to act tough.

Definitely an introvert (this becomes clearer when you see the high school episode flashback =P). And I figured SP because she's a very physical, down-to-earth person.

Captain Awesome - ESTP

My vote was for ESFP. Capt Awesome is so sweet and genial and really kind of naive in some ways. I mean, there's an episode where he voluntarily loans Morgan $2000! What kind of T (or any sane person for that matter) would trust Morgan with all of that money? =P

Big Mike - ESTJ

Oh god, Big Mike is a hard one. He barks like an ESTJ, but he's so frickin' lazy ... he's a conundrum: super devoted to the Buy More, and yet it's a running joke in the show that he never does any work and frequently plays hookie to go fishing. I don't know ... are there lazy ESTJs out there?

Hmm ... I feel like I'm forgetting some characters. I hope more people chime in on this. I love this show so much. *wistful sigh*

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
[CHUCK] I actually thought INFP. The fact that he worked at the Buy More for FIVE YEARS without doing anything to change his situation implies strong Si. INFPs get stuck in Fi-Si ruts, but I have a hard time seeing an Ne-dom sticking with a job they hate for that long.

What about INTP? Somewhat of a infp and somewhat of a entp...
I really don't see in him Fi stronger than Ti.
About getting stuck in a stagnant situation doing anything, It could be true even for Ti-Si, I suppose.

Plus, a big part of the show is just how "F" Chuck is and how feelings don't have a place in the T spy world. As for specific examples: In the last episode of Season 2, he tells Morgan, "Follow your heart buddy, our heads only get us into trouble."

But this suggestion to Morgan could mean that Chuck follows (followed) more his head than his heart...

I like Chuck character, I try to type him but I know I've seen few episodes.
Maybe in future I could have a better understanding.
Bye!

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
After thinking about it a lot, I now agree 100% with your Chuck = ENTP assessment.

Ne + Ti explains his on-the-fly problem solving talents perfectly.

You're right that there's no evidence of his Fi being stronger than his Ti. His F is definitely Fe. For a while, I actually thought he was IxFJ, but Chuck being a J just didn't make sense to me. A TP with strong Fe does make sense.

And I finally realized that his strong Si could be explained by the inordinate amount of stress he's been under. His mother abandoned him, followed by his father, and then he got kicked out of school in a humiliating manner—his ISFJ shadow has probably emerged in full force.

So yeah, I now fully agree that Chuck is an ENTP.

I hope you watch more of the show and come back with more type assessments on the characters. :D

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
So yeah, I now fully agree that Chuck is an ENTP.

I hope you watch more of the show and come back with more type assessments on the characters. :D

OK Rhapsody, and thanks for your reply.
I am quite sure of my typing now, except for Sarah. ENTJ doesn't seem right... I come back!
Bye.