• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

eddie vedder and bono

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm saying enfj, tho eddie esp. strikes me as introverted. i feel dom Fe more than dom Ni, but it could be either. i see more Se than Ti, altho Ti is there vaguely. he feels more explosive than most infjs, more enfj explosive, but he could certainly be infj. what do you think? and what about bono?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know much about Eddie Vedder...

For Bono I would venture to guess ENFJ also. There's something caddish about him like many ENFJ men, like they think they are so charming :tongue:. He has some sort of martyr complex going on too, which could be INFJ with a big head, but he seems like an extrovert to me. He's definitely an NF, and I see Fe.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i've considered isfp too but i just don't see Fi in the ways in which i normally spot it. many of his songs are very concrete. even flow, daughter, jeremy, etc. pearl jam as a band seems very S to me. like dave matthews.

but for some reason i just get the Fe sense from vedder more than Fi. i don't know why tho. songs like in hiding, i don't know, his whole maturation process seems very nfj to me. nusrat fateh ali khan, etc. seems a little nfj to me.

enfj would be
Fe Ni Se Ti vs Fi Se Ni Te
for an isfp.

as a male alanis morissette? or is he more dave matthews? his favorite musicians all seem really isfp to me, and pearl jam as a whole, the tom pettys, the neil youngs, the jimi hendrixes.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm on the fence about Eddie. I would have assumed he was an SFP as well.

Bono - an INFJ. He has the crusader mentality and a persona. He's not Fe primary. His personas are - observe: the Devil, the Lounge Fly, etc. Though some may argue he's extroverting his inferior function and ESTP shadow.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ok so far i have three isfp votes to no nfj votes for eddie vedder. now i just need to find out why i'm wrong.:doh

i've also had trouble typing two friends who i thought were isfps and then one day realized they're enfjs. tho they're much more naturally flowing and articulate/verbose like billy corgan than herky jerky pausing like eddie vedder.

i have trouble seeing Ti in bono. do his lyrics really show Ni dominant more so than Fe dominant?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think his mother abandonment issues may overshadow a great many things he does. He's constantly allowed to act on his feelings or senses because no one makes him round himself out. He's a perpetual child. And I say this out of love and concern.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i've considered isfp too but i just don't see Fi in the ways in which i normally spot it. many of his songs are very concrete. even flow, daughter, jeremy, etc. pearl jam as a band seems very S to me. like dave matthews.

but for some reason i just get the Fe sense from vedder more than Fi. i don't know why tho. songs like in hiding, i don't know, his whole maturation process seems very nfj to me. nusrat fateh ali khan, etc. seems a little nfj to me.

enfj would be
Fe Ni Se Ti vs Fi Se Ni Te
for an isfp.

as a male alanis morissette? or is he more dave matthews? his favorite musicians all seem really isfp to me, and pearl jam as a whole, the tom pettys, the neil youngs, the jimi hendrixes.

What about ISFJ then? Si Fe Ti Ne
I know it's not the typical musician type, but we can't pigeon-hole everyone.

I can think of Veddar as Fi though, with his refusal to do music videos. Seems like he's stuck on some weird value there.... :D

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about ISFJ then? Si Fe Ti Ne
I know it's not the typical musician type, but we can't pigeon-hole everyone.

I can think of Veddar as Fi though, with his refusal to do music videos. Seems like he's stuck on some weird value there.... :D

what are your thoughts on making distinctions between infp and isfp? and how isfp and infj get mixed up all the time?

stuart murdoch, tom waits, nick cave (seems infp?), prince, bjork, kate bush, sam beam, cat power, van morrison (infp?), elliot smith, bob dylan, jeff tweedy, syd barrett, michael stipe, feist, morrissey, leonard cohen.

now i'm even second guessing jeff mangum and david berman. am i just crazy?

i recently realized that two of my friends who i couldn't decide on isfp-infp are probably enfjs. they might as well be billy corgan! and he IS an enfj, right? with calvin johnson, jonathan richman, kevin barnes, courtney love, possibly bono, kim deal, alanis morrissette, cat stevens, possibly robert plant?

isfp-enfj has dom F, Se, Ni.
isfp-infj has F, Se, and Ni

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, I have little confusion between ISFP and INFJ. ISFP and INFP can give me confusion if it's typing famous people. So can INFP & INFJ. That one letter can be hard to detect in someone you don't know personally.

For ISFP & INFP, I look to see if they are an idealist (NF), more connected to the physical world (SP) than an imaginary one (NF), if their style is cool artsy (ISFP) or weird/dorky artsy (INFP), etc. Most of the time I can just go with my instinct on it, being an INFP myself :cheese: .

Again, not a Pearl Jam fan, but I'd go with ISFP for Vedder also. It usually comes down to Fi or Fe, and I see more Fi. I don't see him as an intuitive....

Starry

i'm saying enfj, tho eddie esp. strikes me as introverted. i feel dom Fe more than dom Ni, but it could be either. i see more Se than Ti, altho Ti is there vaguely. he feels more explosive than most infjs, more enfj explosive, but he could certainly be infj. what do you think? and what about bono?

[MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION] [MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION]

This thread has bothered me for the longest time... okay well for the last couple of months...and perhaps for a few weeks in 2011 so that was kinda an exaggeration. Perhaps it is the intensity of how bothered I am when I remember this thread is in existence that I'm sorta measuring here.

There's nothing in my entire understanding of Eddie Vedder that would cause me to disagree with what [MENTION=6275]the state i am in[/MENTION] concluded above. That Vedder is ENFJ (I actually could be convinced of ESFJ as well though.) And yet all the subsequent posters indicated they got an Fi vibe from him <--which I totally don't at all. Everything screams Fe in my mind...

And I just want both of you to agree with me 100% and/or Just play it off and maybe say some complimentary stuff to me like 'Good call Starry.' Either one.

B

brainheart

I agree with you 100%. Good call, [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION].

Starry

I agree with you 100%. Good call, [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION].

Haha omgosh I needed that laugh.

I know brainheart... Some may call it a gift maybe? idk I don't feel 'typologically gifted' but with my insight and level of accuracy...perhaps I just am.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION] haha :laugh:

will you two please give me your opinion on ben harper...pretty please? i thought esfj then some peeps said infp.

any thoughts on him? are you familiar?

Starry

[MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION] haha :laugh:

will you two please give me your opinion on ben harper...pretty please? i thought esfj then some peeps said infp.

any thoughts on him? are you familiar?

Why can't I think of who ben harper is? I suck at names...might be part of it...I'll look this up in a momento

Starry

Why can't I think of who ben harper is? I suck at names...might be part of it...I'll look this up in a momento
[MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION] I've got nothing for you.

Except this: I have been tossing around the idea of you & I starting a joint blog. Why? For all of our random questions... random ideas... a space for when I want to post something that has nothing to do with anything.

*edit: And yes, I thought I was editing the above post. Not quoting myself and creating another post.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] Hey there ya go! That's an idea! Sort of...idkw the idea of blog just always felt like this thing I would have to pay attention to. .. But you have a point. People might prefer our randomness in one thread but could we find it when we needed it. That could be a problem... Haha I'm jk about 6 mo or so I figured out what those subscribed threads were for.

Starry

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] Hey there ya go! That's an idea! Sort of...idkw the idea of blog just always felt like this thing I would have to pay attention to. .. But you have a point. People might prefer our randomness in one thread but could we find it when we needed it. That could be a problem... Haha I'm jk about 6 mo or so I figured out what those subscribed threads were for.

I don't think people want our randomness confined to one spot. The vibe I get from others is they want us to expand it outward...they want more randomness in more places...and this would merely provide another venue.

^^haha. I don't know if it's funny or way not funny that what you said didn't cross my mind. I have seen [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION] say many times on the site that going off-topic is in no way 'always a bad, undesirable thing'...sorta for what it often generates that may eventually serve what was originally being discussed. And while I know many disagree...I do not. I am confident I will be able to tie back into what was at one time a very thoughtful discussion on Eddie Vedder and Bono's MBTIs...this part about starting a blog. <-easy. ha. No, I was just thinking about the ultra random. Not like this kind if thing.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] i can see what you mean, because the reason (that i was telling you) i never liked pearl jam is that eddie vedder's singing always seemed kinda fake to me....kinda too much emotion/whining but not the authenticity/rawness of kurt. i'm not sure how to explain it, but it's a strong personal feeling that i've had for 20+ years.
however, i like the person and if you asked me to type him, my intuition would go to ExFP. so i'm like :shrug:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think people want our randomness confined to one spot. The vibe I get from others is they want us to expand it outward...they want more randomness in more places...and this would merely provide another venue.

^^haha. I don't know if it's funny or way not funny that what you said didn't cross my mind. I have seen [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION] say many times on the site that going off-topic is in no way 'always a bad, undesirable thing'...sorta for what it often generates that may eventually serve what was originally being discussed. And while I know many disagree...I do not. I am confident I will be able to tie back into what was at one time a very thoughtful discussion on Eddie Vedder and Bono's MBTIs...this part about starting a blog. <-easy. ha. No, I was just thinking about the ultra random. Not like this kind if thing.
Haha is that the vibe you get!?

Well okay... Sure yeah that kind of randomness everyone does...the off topic posts that are really usually sort of on topic or not without a point IMO anyway yeah... So expansion is where it's at. Okay cool I like that. I don't like fences.