• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Alfred "Weird Al" Yankovic

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So... whatcha think?

I keep thinking ESFP... (mainly ESxP due to the shock-value humor in much of his work)

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hm, ENTP... I could see that.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTP. Hands down.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So... whatcha think?

I keep thinking ESFP... (mainly ESxP due to the shock-value humor in much of his work)

I am puzzled as to why anyone would say shock value is an S trait. Shock value is clearly in the N domain, since the N has a taste for the idiosyncratic and unconventionality. S tends to prefer believable down-to-earth humor.

I say ENTP as well.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'd guess ENTP, too.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If it means anything, ENTPs have Fe as their third function, which can sometimes confuse people. (Not that ESFPs actually use Fe, they have Se + Fi ... but they are still often pegged as "drama queens" and can look emotional/mercurial on the surface. Dramatic Se is acting upon Fi inclinations.)

So ENTPs (if they are not in wacky mode) can seem very affectionate, sympathetic, caring, etc. They know how to do that at some level. Sometimes that is mistaken as Fi feeling.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am puzzled as to why anyone would say shock value is an S trait. Shock value is clearly in the N domain, since the N has a taste for the idiosyncratic and unconventionality. S tends to prefer believable down-to-earth humor.

I say ENTP as well.

I think I was fixating on the impression of "shock" more than the substance when I came up with that. ENTP makes a whole lot of sense in retrospect though.

It's funny because I know at least three S-type friends/acquaintances who are *not* fans of Weird Al at all... one's an ESFJ lady who hates him, one's an ESTP male who just doesn't care for him much at all, and the third's another xSTP (not sure I/E) who says he's not really a fan. But (nearly) all my N-type friends totally get a kick out of his work. The difference is almost comical. So while my first guess was ESFP, I really *knew* something didn't fit right there...

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
ENTP. Asked to fill in a word, Yankovich responded to "A what a day keeps the doctor away?" with "A shot of B12."

Andy K Octopus

MBTI Type
INFJ
a ENXP., his high degree of public eccentricism is a good sign of a Ne dominant personality. In my experience N people tend to be more eccentric and quirky (although not always in a good way)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
a ENXP., his high degree of public eccentricism is a good sign of a Ne dominant personality. In my experience N people tend to be more eccentric and quirky (although not always in a good way)

Especially NTs, because NFs have more concern about being liked.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would guess ENTP, though I've seen people say ENFP for some reason.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I can see why people would think NF due to his values. He turned down a job promoting beer because he knows a lot of his fans are kids. That's also why he takes it easy on the language. And he's a vegan.

maybetmp

MBTI Type
iNtP
Especially NTs, because NFs have more concern about being liked.
Is that a trait of Fi users, though? I mean, it's also his second function. Besides, I doubt Weird Al has a lot of enemies. Maybe relative to the average person, but not as far as celebrities go. But I could be wrong.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTP...

I love his work