• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Freddie Mercury

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12efRL8Y7So&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

What you think ? I say istp :D

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
INTJ

EDIT: but I could also see ENFJ

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
ESFP or ENFP. I usually think of him as an ENFP, though.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Freddie Mercury = ENFJ. Classic. All those theatrics and wacky behavior, and an uncanny ability to capture an audience. He sets the bar for other ENFJ/ENFJ wannabe performers like MIKA.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
But the classical plumper beard ! He must be istp :D

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
No idea.... but ISTP? Freddie had a ton class, flair and style. Not even the gayest of the gay ISTPs could pull off the shine he did

for that matter, i don't even know of any "publically gay" ISTPs - seems to me they often get caught up in machismo and gender roles etc

wastrd

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
there are no gay istps, so he's gotta be something else. one thing is for sure though, the thing is introverted.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
:D ya that are good points.

I think ENFJ is too easy, cause the ENFJs always seem to have some greater intention behind the things they do. But Freddie was an artist and though he could have been ENFJ, I still dont want him to be portrayed as an actor who did what the people wanted to hear for example.

Cause he did what he wanted to do. :D

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
You guys are nuts.

Freddie was a flamboyant ESFP queen, God bless his soul.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpg

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I picked INTJ because he reminds me of you, Edgar.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1w9 Sx
ISTJ?

An introvert?
And a T?

Srsly?

I gotta say, just looking at his music and his shows, the most obvious things about him are the E and the F. (And probably the P.)

From
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddie_Mercury

Mercury was noted for his live performances, which were often delivered to stadium audiences around the world. He displayed a highly theatrical style that often evoked a great deal of participation from the crowd. A writer for The Spectator described him as "a performer out to tease, shock and ultimately charm his audience with various extravagant versions of himself".[31] David Bowie, who performed at the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert and recorded the song "Under Pressure" with Queen, praised Mercury's performance style, saying: "Of all the more theatrical rock performers, Freddie took it further than the rest... he took it over the edge. And of course, I always admired a man who wears tights. I only saw him in concert once and as they say, he was definitely a man who could hold an audience in the palm of his hand."[32]

One of Mercury's most notable performances with Queen took place at Live Aid in 1985, during which the entire stadium audience of 72,000 people clapped, sang and swayed in unison. Queen's performance at the event has since been voted by a group of music executives as the greatest live performance in the history of rock music. The results were aired on a television program called "The World's Greatest Gigs".[33][34] In reviewing Live Aid in 2005, one critic wrote, "Those who compile lists of Great Rock Frontmen and award the top spots to Mick Jagger, Robert Plant, etc all are guilty of a terrible oversight. Freddie, as evidenced by his Dionysian Live Aid performance, was easily the most godlike of them all."[35]

Over the course of his career, Mercury performed an estimated 700 concerts in countries around the world with Queen. A notable aspect of Queen concerts was the large scale involved.[27] He once explained, "We're the Cecil B. DeMille of rock and roll, always wanting to do things bigger and better."[27]

The guy did EVERYTHING.
He had boundless energy and seemed to feed off other people's energy.

I'm still not sure on the S/N. ESFP should not be assumed to not be creative (Michael W. Smith of CCM fame was a more sedate version of Freddie's talent, but is likely to be ESFP, and they both were musically prolific, threw high-energy stage shows that brought crowds together, and neither seemed to ever seemed to be flagging in their output and energy levels.)

EDIT: BUT...

... and here's where typing gets fun...

the same wikipedia includes this fun snippet:

Although he cultivated a flamboyant stage personality, Mercury was a very shy and retiring man in person, particularly around people he did not know well.[17][25][54] He also granted very few interviews. Mercury once said of himself: "When I'm performing I'm an extrovert, yet inside I'm a completely different man."[55]

What exactly was meant by "shy and retiring"? Was it the predominate personality? How do extroverts feel about themselves, typically? Do they see themselves as extroverts, or do they see that as separate from their interior world once they discover it?

I guess we'd have to read the footnoted sources to specify what exactly people said about his private persona.

Pand0ra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
What exactly was meant by "shy and retiring"? Was it the predominate personality? How do extroverts feel about themselves, typically? Do they see themselves as extroverts, or do they see that as separate from their interior world once they discover it?

I guess we'd have to read the footnoted sources to specify what exactly people said about his private persona.

I'd say ExFP. You'd imagine that his private persona, if introverted, would be INFP. But that's a guess. Performers are a difficult bunch... it's very difficult to tell from the outside. Just because he appeared shy does not mean he was introverted, as it would completely depend on what he was driven by.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd say ExFP. You'd imagine that his private persona, if introverted, would be INFP. But that's a guess. Performers are a difficult bunch... it's very difficult to tell from the outside. Just because he appeared shy does not mean he was introverted, as it would completely depend on what he was driven by.

Well, that is kind of what I'm getting at..

I was floored when my father tried to tell me once he was introverted.
My mom, my sister, and I are all introverted... but he most certainly is not, behaviorally.

But I think when extroverts develop a quiet place / a core, that feeling of security and depth can feel very good and reassuring.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
INFJ. I am almost entirely confident about this one. Interviews demonstrate that he was an introvert, and just look at the way he effortlessly mesmerized crowds. His music screamed Fe. Another interesting piece of evidence is Mary Austin, his life partner, so to speak (he almost completely separated emotional attachment from sexuality, which implies the inferior Se).

Pand0ra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
I was floored when my father tried to tell me once he was introverted.
My mom, my sister, and I are all introverted... but he most certainly is not, behaviorally.

But I think when extroverts develop a quiet place / a core, that feeling of security and depth can feel very good and reassuring.

I hear a lot of extroverts believe they are introverted, due to social issues or their liking for occasional alone time. This lead me to ponder whether or not I was, as I have a bit of the old social anxiety going on... but no. Something I notice when I interact with others; I always focus on my own thoughts and I take in anything they do say and interpret this in my own way. Everything that goes on around me is processed in a way that I can relate to, I never consider others much or how they might relate to something; unless it might be similar to myself.