• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Freddie Mercury

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He seems like an ENFP to me.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, he has very few off stage appearances, and he clearly has a very held back attitude in interviews when he is offstage, that is to say, he is not his natural self.

That makes him pretty hard to type.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
What exactly was meant by "shy and retiring"? Was it the predominate personality? How do extroverts feel about themselves, typically? Do they see themselves as extroverts, or do they see that as separate from their interior world once they discover it?

I guess we'd have to read the footnoted sources to specify what exactly people said about his private persona.

I've heard this about him too and wondered as well. I know he left most of his estate to his former girlfriend who he described as his soulmate, even though he had a seemingly committed long term relationship with a man until he died. Maybe she gave him that secure place he needed but clearly it didn't satisfy him sexually. I certainly wouldn't say he was a gay man, more pansexual. He always struck me as having equal opportunity sexuality, real hedonism, living in the moment. I also think he had a great deal of conflict due to his upbringing, perhaps he let go of much of that later in life, although his family seems very ok with it judging from interviews I have seen. I am curious to see the movie version of his life - until now there hasn't been anyone who could play him convincingly but Sacha Baron Cohen has a good shot.

fragrance

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I don't think he's a P. He always seemed focused on what he's doing. To me, Ps are more passive than Js... they're more like "whatever".

But I'd say definitely F. One way to approach Freddie is probably through the songs he wrote. A lot of them have this NF dreamy atmosphere ("open your eyes, look up to the skies and see", "what is this thing that builds our dreams yet slips away from us"). That also hints to an introspective mindset... so I think the INFJ might be right.

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Am I the only one that thinks ISFP? He was very shy unless on stage.

Incredible performer and artist!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Am I the only one that thinks ISFP? He was very shy unless on stage.

Incredible performer and artist!

There is definitely evidence of a 'split personality' typical of the ISFP.

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry double post