• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Siouxsie Sioux

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am giving my educated guess that the "Ice Queen" is an ENTJ.

She strikes me as an extrovert. I read something about how she'd be the last to leave a party. As a teen she'd go out alone to gay clubs and that's how she got into the music scene & formed her glam look. I don't see too many introverts going out to clubs alone as a teen.

Her cold delivery seems Te. Plus, she is one of the rare female lyricists to very rarely write songs dealing with romantic relationships.

I see Ni in her lyrics. The symbolism seems constant (ie. the whole song "Cities in Dust" is clearly symbolic for something other than its literal telling of the destruction of Pompeii).

To cement her as a J, I've also heard she was very controlling in the band and ruled with an iron fist. Her style, although strange, is impeccable (contrasted to the smeared lipstick of INFP Robert Smith). Her look and stage persona (very dynamic performer) seems to show her tertiary Se.

Any thoughts?

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
all i have to say is that i love siouxsie; a real icon.. i don't know quite how to separate stage personas from the people behind them, i don't think...but i agree that she seems to be a thinking and intuitive type, based on what i've seen.

hommefatal

She rebelled against conservatives, that doesn't seem very ENTJ to me. I think ENTP.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Why can't an ENTJ rebel against conservatives?

I think the reasoning in the OP is sound.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I love Siouxsie.

I'm going to venture a guess that she's an ESTP. She's so flamboyant, writes clever and existential songs, and tends to keep herself firmly left of center.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know, TJs are very unlikely to be rebellious.

Depends on what values we covet...
Personally, I dislike conservatives in most regards.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She rebelled against conservatives, that doesn't seem very ENTJ to me. I think ENTP.

Hmm, but an intuitive TJ is not like an xSTJ. Intuitives often seem more offbeat. ENTJs are "visionaries", after all.
When she speaks I don't see Ne, I see Te, but her lyrics show her intuitive side which makes me think she has Ni over Ti. That's why I went with ENTJ over ENTP. She has the powerful presence of an ENTJ also.

I love Siouxsie.

I'm going to venture a guess that she's an ESTP. She's so flamboyant, writes clever and existential songs, and tends to keep herself firmly left of center.

I think her lyrics are coming from an intuitive. I can't see a sensor writing with so much symbolism & metaphor. I see no Fe in that woman also. She really is an ice queen - blunt, direct & makes no apologies.

hommefatal

Hmm, but an intuitive TJ is not like an xSTJ. Intuitives often seem more offbeat. ENTJs are "visionaries", after all.
When she speaks I don't see Ne, I see Te, but her lyrics show her intuitive side which makes me think she has Ni over Ti. That's why I went with ENTJ over ENTP. She has the powerful presence of an ENTJ also.

I think her lyrics are coming from an intuitive. I can't see a sensor writing with so much symbolism & metaphor. I see no Fe in that woman also. She really is an ice queen - blunt, direct & makes no apologies.
Ah yeah, maybe you're right.