• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Grizzly Man

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Was he not a solid example of how an ESFP can go wrong? If you haven't seen Grizzly Man and have no interest in nature or wildlife, it is also an up-close look at an ESFP spiralling out of control into a paranoid frenzy.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlqSiP2WIuU"]"Timothy Treadwell" Rant[/YOUTUBE]

That said, there were some humorous moments in the film when he inspires a proper chuckle and a tender tear.

Any alternate type guesses?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm the only protection! How dare they!!! An American dissident!!

ohhhh, thank you for this. this is the best thing ever.:happy0065:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I really liked the film. I agree about him being a total ESFP.

it is also an up-close look at an ESFP spiralling out of control into a paranoid frenzy.

I don't know, I didn't really look at him as that much of a tragic figure, except for in the ending. He seemed happy with what he was doing, and he even found a girlfriend to go along with him. If it wasn't for that one bastard bear!

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't call him tragic either. His demise was his choice.

But the Hollywood name-change, the make-believe pasts, the persona inventions, the paranoia, and the extreme isolation made for very destructive life coping skills.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I wouldn't call him tragic either. His demise was his choice.

But the Hollywood name-change, the make-believe pasts, the persona inventions, the paranoia, and the extreme isolation made for very destructive life coping skills.

Yeah, I thought the film hinted at some of the reasons why he thought he didn't fit in to society. Like about him being very effeminate, but straight.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I thought the film hinted at some of the reasons why he thought he didn't fit in to society. Like about him being very effeminate, but straight.

Y'know, he's not the first ESFP male I've known of that seemed to straddle that perceived sexuality boundary, yet insist they were hetero... And I don't think they're necessarily lying. The gender non-normative behavior seems to be an ESFP male anomaly that is something entirely "other." I'd love to hear theory on why that is. Is it a specific MBTI/Enneagram combo perhaps?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Y'know, he's not the first ESFP male I've known of that seemed to straddle that perceived sexuality boundary, yet insist they were hetero... And I don't think they're necessarily lying. The gender non-normative behavior seems to be an ESFP male anomaly that is something entirely "other." I'd love to hear theory on why that is. Is it a specific MBTI/Enneagram combo perhaps?

Hmm I know xSFP males who are straight and have some really awkward ways of trying to prove their masculinity to people, but if they didn't do it, their orientation would probably get questioned more. ESFPs like Treadwell might not have been able to do that.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm I know xSFP males who are straight and have some really awkward ways of trying to prove their masculinity to people, but if they didn't do it, their orientation would probably get questioned more. ESFPs like Treadwell might not have been able to do that.

I have seen this!