• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Tudors?

S

Sniffles

Could anybody classify the characters in the the Tudors, the Showtime series concerning the reign of King Henry VIII? They just finished the third season.

I can certainly say Jeremy Northam's portrayal of Sir Thomas More just screams INFJ, as can especially be seen in these scenes:
[youtube="fAkfio1Hq5w"]Arrest[/youtube]

[youtube="Fxy_8PomHLM"]Trial[/youtube]

[youtube="wOmzurM3clE"]Execution[/youtube]

This was probably the high point to the entire series.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
King Henry VIII was a notorious asshole and an ESTP.

I suppose that's a redundant statement, but in any case, the character of Henry VIII on Tudors, and the actual Henry VIII are ESTP.

S

Sniffles

Henry VIII certainly was an asshole. It's a shame the Pilgrimage of Grace failed in overthrowing his heretic ass and restoring the true faith to England. They literally had him by the balls.

Oh well it was fitting to see Ann Boelyn and later Thomas Cromwell meet their proper fates within the series.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am not particularly fond of the series, mainly because I find that particular time period boring as shit, but in any case, the casting choice for Ann Boelyn was excellent.

The actress playing her may not strikingly hot, but she is very seductive to the point where you think, damn, that bitch is hot, I want a piece of that.

S

Sniffles

This scene, of Cardinal John Fisher's execution, is also rather moving:
[youtube="SGlFPwlRscM"]....[/youtube]

It was nice to see how much English Catholics were vinidcated in this series.

S

Sniffles

I am not particularly fond of the series, mainly because I find that particular time period boring as shit, but in any case, the casting choice for Ann Boelyn was excellent.

The actress playing her may not strikingly hot, but she is very seductive to the point where you think, damn, that bitch is hot, I want a piece of that.

Yeah I have to admit that Natalie Dormer was pretty hot as Ann Boelyn.

heart

heart on fire
the casting choice for Ann Boelyn was excellent.

Then that was completely true to history for Anne Boelyn.

michL87

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I'm glad someone posted this, because I was curious about what Jane Seymour's type was. I'm thinking INFJ. Thoughts?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
henry istp
anne boleyn istp?
thomas more infj
katherine isfp
wolsey intj?
charles brandon estp
margaret estj
wyatt efp

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Don't chop off my head but I got the sick ENTJ vibe from the actors/directors take/vibe on Henry VIII...although I would agree that the real Henry VIII was probably an ESTP.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers portrayal of Henry makes it appear that Henry's actions were clearly bold, logical and meticulous maneuvering in order to achieve his goals of both preserving England's unity and while maintaining his bloodline as royalty.

I have enjoyed the series. Henry is an A-hole but he is portrayed as one of those persons you love/hate and would give your right lobe to be him for a few months experiencing that kind of licentiousness and power.

I am a little bummed to hear that Hendry will not don a fat suit in order to accomodate the desire to keep him "sexy" for his female fans.

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Henry- estp
Anne- extp
Thomas More - infj
Queen Katherine - isfj
Charles Brandon- istx
Jane Seymour - ixfj
Katherine Howard - esfp
Katherine Parr- istj
Margaret Tudor -estj
Princess Mary - ixxj, my favorite so I'm extremely cautious on typing her myself. I'd love to see others opinions.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am not particularly fond of the series, mainly because I find that particular time period boring as shit,

The series sucks ass. :thumbdown: Same shit every episode. Get over it, Henry. :rolli:

...but in any case, the casting choice for Ann Boelyn was excellent.

I think she's a rat-faced whore. :D

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like I want to watch the entire series just for Charles Brandon alone. Swoooonnnn.