• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

John and Kate

theplacesyoullgo

Kate is an unhealthy, neurotic ESTJ to a T.

My guess on Jon is ISFP.

Even though Kate seems like a pain in the ass I still side with her because Jon has been acting like a fool chasing after so many girls despite the media spotlight, and he moved into a two-bedroom bachelor pad that obviously will not accommodate 8 kids. He's a selfish skeezeball, in my humble opinion.

I so agree with both of these. For some reason, I'm watching this "Kate's Story" special right now, and I came to post that I think she's ESTJ to a T. Even down to the really stilted, syllable-by-syllable way she talks.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Jon's type

ani143.gif

LOL that douchebag is not a T; have you seen him in interviews? He is probably the dumbest person in the entertainment business. And he's unbelievably self-centered. I'll say ISFP. Definitely not an *IN*

Did I mention that he is pretty damn dumb? My GOD! I follow celebrity gossip too much so I know a bit too much about these two. Kate is an ESFJ; and shit, I'll be a bitch too if I had a lazy husband who never did shit (and who behaved liked a child himself) and eight children.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I would think her being J would be the most obvious! ;) What makes you say P, out of curiosity?

I haven't watched a whole lot of of the episodes but she seems to have that obvious "I'm a P who has to act like a J" quality. I know many Ps who act like Js and think they are Js but you can tell that structure and organization are not instinctual to them and that they do not enjoy it at all, though they are proud of it. Kate seems like she's "organized" and in control because she needs to be with the kids, but she's VERY sloppy with everything and seems to not put a whole lot of careful thought into her decisions. She also seems like she very much resents acting like an SJ type and having to surpress her Se and would be way more impulsive in her natural state. I get the "I like to chill and be a shitdisturber" vibe from her.

The reason I think this is cause my ESTP sister is very much like her and when I've seen the show, I've actually thought of her. She acts like a total ESTJ type now that she has kids, but its very obvious that it doesn't came naturally to her yet shes proud of how "responsible" she is being (I am thinking of that episode where Kate bragged about her her coupon clipping skills for half the episode).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I haven't watched a whole lot of of the episodes but she seems to have that obvious "I'm a P who has to act like a J" quality. I know many Ps who act like Js and think they are Js but you can tell that structure and organization are not instinctual to them and that they do not enjoy it at all, though they are proud of it. Kate seems like she's "organized" and in control because she needs to be with the kids, but she's VERY sloppy with everything and seems to not put a whole lot of careful thought into her decisions. She also seems like she very much resents acting like an SJ type and having to surpress her Se and would be way more impulsive in her natural state. I get the "I like to chill and be a shitdisturber" vibe from her.

The reason I think this is cause my ESTP sister is very much like her and when I've seen the show, I've actually thought of her. She acts like a total ESTJ type now that she has kids, but its very obvious that it doesn't came naturally to her yet shes proud of how "responsible" she is being (I am thinking of that episode where Kate bragged about her her coupon clipping skills for half the episode).

I agree that a P can be forced to act like a J in an unhealthy relationship or stressful situation - and, in fact, it's happened to me in the past. A P forced to act like a J is a thousand times "bitchier" or more controlling than a true J would ever be, because it's a stress-forced shadow side. So I can totally see where you get that.

But at the same time, I've read things about Kate in magazines, such as what she was like back in high school, and I'm telling you she's an ESTJ.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
But at the same time, I've read things about Kate in magazines, such as what she was like back in high school, and I'm telling you she's an ESTJ.

Yeah you've got me there I don't know a whole lot about her background. Those just be my observationz.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Jon: IStP

I have two ISTP uncles and one ISTP cousin. They're all relatively passive and like to keep to himself. Plus, when it comes to women they love, they're virtually hopeless similar to the INTP is in love. T doesn't have to be "hard" just like F doesn't have to be "nice." Jon also mentioned several times in the show how athletic he was before they got married (an avid snowboarder). Very STP.

Kate: ESFJ

She is the spitting image of one of my very good ESFJ friends and my ESFP grandmother. Both of which are "hard" Fs. The EFSJ although she's very sweet and a ball of energy can be extremely controlling. We were in a band together for two years and all she did was tell other people what to do on their instruments. Yeah, she was "nice" about it, but ultimately everyone knew who was playing boss. Kate also looks a lot like my grandmother, an unhealthy ESF. If she doesn't get her way, she runs to her husband to provide it for her instead of doing it herself. Frequent hissy fits and temper tantrums. She's without a doubt a very strong F.

I used to be a fan of the show before the whole cheating scandal went down.
I am very familiar with how these two people behave.

And another thing:

Don't be fooled.
Fe can be very, very self-serving.
I've seen it myself. Not pleasant at all.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She still seems too much like a directive "In Charge" (not an informative "Get Things Going", and he seems more like a Behind the Scenes than Chart the Course.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Jon: IStP

I have two ISTP uncles and one ISTP cousin. They're all relatively passive and like to keep to himself. Plus, when it comes to women they love, they're virtually hopeless similar to the INTP is in love. T doesn't have to be "hard" just like F doesn't have to be "nice." Jon also mentioned several times in the show how athletic he was before they got married (an avid snowboarder). Very STP.

Kate: ESFJ

She is the spitting image of one of my very good ESFJ friends and my ESFP grandmother. Both of which are "hard" Fs. The EFSJ although she's very sweet and a ball of energy can be extremely controlling. We were in a band together for two years and all she did was tell other people what to do on their instruments. Yeah, she was "nice" about it, but ultimately everyone knew who was playing boss. Kate also looks a lot like my grandmother, an unhealthy ESF. If she doesn't get her way, she runs to her husband to provide it for her instead of doing it herself. Frequent hissy fits and temper tantrums. She's without a doubt a very strong F.

I used to be a fan of the show before the whole cheating scandal went down.
I am very familiar with how these two people behave.

And another thing:

Don't be fooled.
Fe can be very, very self-serving.
I've seen it myself. Not pleasant at all.

I now fully concur, ISTP and ESFJ. In some of the earlier episodes I wondered about S vs N, but other things lately have made the S very clear/apparent. ISTP and ESFJ

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Everyone seems to think people like this are "unhealthy Fe" types. Just like with Hitler. I would say, it's not simply unhealthy. It seems to be naturally "destructive" which is the 8th place archetype.

Look at it this way:
If an "unhealthy" person seems to be causing a lot of destruction with both Te and Fe, then you have to look at which one is meeting its objectives. Te is about logical efficiency. So even if the results are [literally] "destructive" to everyone else; they can still be meeting the objective. Fe is about ethics, such as consideration of and connection with others, external HARMONY, etc. hence, destruction is naturally contrary to it. Hence, "destructive" Fe use is likely in the "destructive" (devilish, demonic). With dom. Fe/destructive Te, the person will be good at making others feel taken care of, hosting, etc. But they may be disruptive and overdo it on the logical efficiency area. Clearly, that is NOT the case with Kate!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Kate's an ESTJ if I've ever seen one. Who is still saying ESFJ?

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I don't watch this show, but I read the whole thread and Kate definitely sounds like an extremely dominant ESTJ to me, especially from the blog excerpts. Dominant and destructive people can share a lot of similarities and annoying ESFJ mothers seem to be more common than the ESTJ ones, hence probably the confusion with ESFJ, but this is clearly Te in it's most ruthless form. And I actually like balanced ESTJs more than ESFJs, so there's no personal bias.;)

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
The way I see it, I don't think it's really possible to determine whether or not Kate is ESFJ or ESTJ unless you flat out ask her what her motivation for being so pushy (to say the least) is. Does she do it because she believes that it's what's best for the children or because she just likes things to be in order?

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
Kate is ESxJ
Jon is ISFP

at least that's what I think.
Ha.

Jon was better before he turned himself into a wannabe frat boy.
Kate used to piss me off, but I think being around Jon would piss me off too,
especially with 8 kids.