• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The finest example of each type

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Says the guy who can't even type himself? :doh:

We are going in circles, nice talking to you Sentura it's been interesting.

yeah i'm sorry i don't go by the book, MBTI doesn't hold enough truth to just believe it blindly.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
yeah i'm sorry i don't go by the book, MBTI doesn't hold enough truth to just believe it blindly.

It's not about believing it, it's about context. If you're discussing an MBTI type then you use MBTI theory, if you use a different theory then you're no longer discussing MBTI type and you have shifted into irrelevancy.

...but yes, if you disregard MBTI theory then ENFP fits perfectly. :nice:

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
It's not about believing it, it's about context. If you're discussing an MBTI type then you use MBTI theory, if you use a different theory then you're no longer discussing MBTI type and you have shifted into irrelevancy.

...but yes, if you disregard MBTI theory then ENFP fits perfectly.

i stayed inside MBTI theory for typing spielberg, but not for typing myself. is that so hard to see?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
i stayed inside MBTI theory for typing spielberg, but not for typing myself. is that so hard to see?

No you didn't, you said yourself that you based it purely on intuition and that theory, the descriptions and books relating to that theory don't matter.

You have used your own concept and disregarded what the theory states throughout the discussion.

wolfy

awsm
So using Keirsey's examples of types I would choose these

ESTJ Vince Lombardi
ISTJ Warren Buffet
ESFJ Dave Thomas
ISFJ Jimmy Stewart
ENFJ John Wooden
INFJ Jane Goodall
ENFP Joseph Campbell
INFP Albert Schweiter
ESTP Theodore Roosevelt
ISTP Bruce Lee
ESFP Magic Johnson
ISFP Steven Spielberg
ENTJ Carl Sagan
INTJ General Ulysses S. Grant
ENTP Buckminster Fuller
INTP Albert Einstein

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
nice list wolfie. :)

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
No you didn't, you said yourself that you based it purely on intuition and that theory, the descriptions and books relating to that theory don't matter.

You have used your own concept and disregarded what the theory states throughout the discussion.

yeah? if i used my own theory, i wouldn't have used expressions such as Se or Ne, because my theory doesn't use those expressions. it is one thing talking about something you've read about, but it's entire another talking about something you don't have the faintest idea about. so please, let me assure you that i used MBTI for typing spielberg.

besides, what i said was when typing people, you need intution to get the final grain of understanding. descriptions will only give you some traits, it doesn't give you the connection between said traits. i should have know an S would misconstrue and twist what i say until it makes for them. hmfp.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
yeah? if i used my own theory, i wouldn't have used expressions such as Se or Ne, because my theory doesn't use those expressions. it is one thing talking about something you've read about, but it's entire another talking about something you don't have the faintest idea about. so please, let me assure you that i used MBTI for typing spielberg.

besides, what i said was when typing people, you need intution to get the final grain of understanding. descriptions will only give you some traits, it doesn't give you the connection between said traits. i should have know an S would misconstrue and twist what i say until it makes for them. hmfp.

i stayed inside MBTI theory for typing spielberg, but not for typing myself.

Your most frequent argument seemed to be along these lines:

Me: Spielberg was a shy child
You: But I was a shy child

Yet your type is irrelevant because as you stated above you didn't use the theory to type yourself.

Quotes from you that as far as I know are never stated in MBTI theory:

but individual function orders may differ from specific types.

i consider S people unable to do some things that N people can do

the way i also see function order is that no strength can go above preference.

We are not playing by the same rules.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
We are not playing by the same rules.

excellent move by quoting those out of context. strangely enough i used those when i described my theory, not when i described spielberg.

and while i may have had a more frequent argument, my main argument was that he used Ne in his arts (movies, etc) rather than Se. i again argued that an S person wouldn't make films they way he has done them; because he puts things in an entire different way than any S person would do.

you seem eager to pick out anything you can just to throw at me, so you can prove you're correct. the sad part is, you're not. chances are that i may not even be correct either, but the guy is not S. and i'm willing to take a bet on it and send a personal letter to spielberg himself just to clear this up.

i may also point out that it is pathetic that you cannot argue instead of flinging personal attacks. you don't believe there is a difference between S and N, even though it's stated in the MBTI, fine. but at least have the decency to respect other people. or you know what, fuck it.

this isn't worth my time. i still hold that spielberg is NFP because of his Ne shown in his movies, but you're seriously just being a brat about it now, nitpicking at infinitely small details just to prove you're right, which, and i state again, you are not. i'm out.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Personal attacks? :huh:

I don't even know if I'm right, it's not like I know the guy personally, what type he is, that's anyone's guess. I'm discussing in favour of him being ISFP but I'm well aware that he could be any number of other types ENFP included.

Just trying to learn more about type here. I don't think I've made one definitive statement in the whole thread. That's an easy position to defend. :D

Lightyear

If this is a disqualification for being a great man, then we'd better take a harder look at some of the other candidates...starting with the highly vaunted Thomas Jefferson. :D

That makes it sound as if greatness has nothing to do with the true character of the person it's all just about putting up appearances and having a dazzling smile on photos. :huh: I don't care what the general perception is of Kennedy, he was definitely an unhealthy ESTP, not one worth imitating.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The greatest of each type all happen to be actors? I don't know about that.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
INTJ General Ulysses S. Grant

The funny thing about Grant is that he's been typed as an INTJ when looking at his military career but as an ISFP when looking at his presidency.

heart

heart on fire
That makes it sound as if greatness has nothing to do with the true character of the person it's all just about putting up appearances and having a dazzling smile on photos. :huh: I don't care what the general perception is of Kennedy, he was definitely an unhealthy ESTP, not one worth imitating.

You mistook my post as a defense of Kennedy. It wasn't.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Wrong.
Hm... You have not found my messages or have not understood them. You definetely should try again. :)

what gives you the idea that you're so important that i will go looking for your posts to see how you do things? i don't see any validity in your posts unless you state some sort of merit. if you don't, then i have no business neither talking to you nor contemplating your choices.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, all I have to say about the Speilberg ENFP debate is this:

ENFPs are edgy, and Speilberg is about as edgy as Mister Rogers.
agreed.

eh, i'd not consider myself very edge. nor would i consider people like lady x (from what i have seen) very edge.
and WTF?! how'd i miss this...you...:girlfight:

Well, from my point of view, Lady X is edgy.

And furthermore, the definition of "edgy" that I'm using here is "Daring, provocative, or trend-setting: ex.--an exhibition of edgy photographs; an edgy menu."

or

"Having a sharp or biting edge: ex.--an edgy wit."
and thanks wonka. ;)