• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Parks and Recreation

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Gary/Jerry/Terry/Larry - ISFJ

LOL!

I feel sorry for this guy. He tries hard but he still keeps messing up and ends up being the butt of everyone's jokes. I'm not sure if he's more ISFJ or ISFP though.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I think Ron's an ISTP... And IsTJ for Ben, maybe even leaning towards N.
I can almost get by this, but not quite. It might look like Ron likes to be in the moment, but what he really loves is discipline and getting stuff done. We don't see this when he's actually at his job because he hates the government.

What makes Ron a bit difficult to type is that he seems to use a lot of both Te and Ti.

Sensors can be passionate about their values. Ron is not super imaginative, head-in-the-clouds, or future-focused; he is usually down-to-earth, sensible, and pragmatic. ISTJ or maybe ISTP for him IMO.

Yup, you've got it down. Ron is the most practical person of the entire show. There is really no debate in him being IST.

/DG/

LOL!

I feel sorry for this guy. He tries hard but he still keeps messing up and ends up being the butt of everyone's jokes. I'm not sure if he's more ISFJ or ISFP though.

Omg, you really need to watch the latest episode (S7E11 - Two Funerals). It has the most amazing Gary moment ever. I legitimately almost cried. :')

And I really think he is far more ISFJ than ISFP. He is really focused on just being there to help the team whenever necessary. He doesn't like to start trouble, even if it means putting his feelings behind him.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Omg, you really need to watch the latest episode (S7E11 - Two Funerals). It has the most amazing Gary moment ever. I legitimately almost cried. :')

And I really think he is far more ISFJ than ISFP. He is really focused on just being there to help the team whenever necessary. He doesn't like to start trouble, even if it means putting his feelings behind him.

True. I think he might be an ISFP from a dichotomy perspective- he seems more P than J, just goes with the flow on most things. But with cognitive functions, I think he's more Fe than Fi, which points to ISFJ.

/DG/

True. I think he might be an ISFP from a dichotomy perspective- he seems more P than J, just goes with the flow on most things. But with cognitive functions, I think he's more Fe than Fi, which points to ISFJ.

Yeah, I'm in agreement with you. But doesn't it make the whole thing weird how someone can be one personality using just the dichotomies and another personality when you factor in cognitive functions? Which is it then?

big sexy

MBTI Type
INfP
Yeah, I'm in agreement with you. But doesn't it make the whole thing weird how someone can be one personality using just the dichotomies and another personality when you factor in cognitive functions? Which is it then?

I don't think it's that odd. The MBTI dichotomies and Jungian cognitive processes are, in the end, two different systems; they need not overlap.

raissaroars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Leslie is an ENFJ. Most people confuse her and think she's either an ENFP or an ESFJ, but she's clearly an ENFJ to me. Extremely goal-driven and too abstract/metaphorical to be an ESFJ. Everything she thinks is about connections and such, and her Ni can sometimes make she sounds like a Te-dom (some people think she's one!). She's too scared of last-minute chages to be an ENFP, but envisions a different future, just like a Ni dom/aux would.
I've always thought Ben was an ISTJ, but I'm starting to think he's an INTP. He's lots of hobbies and different interests for a Te-user and, by the last seasons, he acts probably like the opposite of a Si-dom. His awkwardness, by the way, are nothing like a xSxJ. Also, we're able to see how greatfully his Fe grows because of Leslie.
I really don't know what type Ann is, althought I'd say a very weak, not developed well enough INFJ.
Chris is basically impossible to type.
Ron is an ISTP sp. That's how I see him!
Tom is an ENFP, always coming up with ideas, very emotional and focused on his own feelings. Most ENFPs give a sensor's vibe, so, there it is.
At first I thought April was an INTP, which was a very weird mistake of mine; she's an ISFP. The "cold, no-feeling" vibe she gives off is obviously very intentional and worked on. Also, from what I've observed, most ISFPs are greatly in touch with their Ni, which makes us think they're intuive.
I think Andy is an ESFP.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am still in the first season. Love this show.

Leslie Knope - ExFJ
Tom - ENTP

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lesley is EIE I thought ESFJ at first, but she is definitely beta.

Ron is obvious SLI

Chris is ESE.

I also think Ben is some kind of IXTJ. Idk which one. I need to see more of him.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lesley is EIE I thought ESFJ at first, but she is definitely beta.

Ron is obvious SLI

Chris is ESE.

I also think Ben is some kind of IXTJ. Idk which one. I need to see more of him.

What about April? This is kind of weird, but I've always found that character to be really attractive.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What about April? This is kind of weird, but I've always found that character to be really attractive.

I'll have to think about it.

It's not weird, Andy thinks shes attractive.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not really that much like Andy, though. I'm probably closest to Ben.

But her personality has a certain intrigue to it... She's unconventional, deadpan, and loyal. I can see how she would be appealing. In fact, if I were a guy, I would probably date someone like her character because I would find her interesting. :)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But her personality has a certain intrigue to it... She's unconventional, deadpan, and loyal. I can see how she would be appealing. In fact, if I were a guy, I would probably date someone like her character because I would find her interesting. :)

Fun fact... I've actually heard of the high school the actress attended, because I used to date someone who attended a different Catholic high school in Wilmington, Delaware. So it's possible I'm not the far removed from Aubrey Plaza in terms of degrees of separation, through sporting events and the like. The other stupid fact I know about Wilmington, Delaware, is that it's supposed to be the setting of the movie Fight Club (don't know about the book).

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Leslie Knope - ESFJ
Tom Haverford - ESTP
Ann Perkins - INFJ
Ron Swanson - ISTP
April Ludgate - IxTP
Andy Dwyer - ESFP
Ben Wyatt - INTP
Chris Traeger - ENFJ
Jerry Gergich - INFP
Donna Meagle - ESFP

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=4660]Osprey[/MENTION]

April is some kinda IXXP

I think Ron may actually be LSI. He could be either I guess.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do so many people think Ron is an ISTP? He's like classic STJ. How is the J debatable?

ducks

Permabanned
^ It might be the whole J/P switch thing between Jung and MBTI. Some people acknowledge it, others don't. And it doesn't help that type profiles stress either P or J differently as part of the base function or the creative.

But strictly, yeah, Ron is generally very J.

This is funny, especially the circle desk.

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Love this show! Easy and fun to identify types, and type matches. Agree with the above, Ron is for sure ISTJ. I mean, if nothing else, that type is known as 'The Craftsman" and the guy builds canoes in his spare time.

Ben is for sure INTJ. Pretty classic example. I'd peg Leslie for ENFP, which is why theyre a great couple. Her main attribute is enthusiasm. Shes very emotional and feeler-y but I think her Extrovert process is intuition - quick witted, funny, has wild ideas, extremely idealistic. Her introvert feeling process is super strong.

Otherwise:

Ann - ISFJ
Chris - ENFJ
Jerry - ISFJ
Tom - ESTP
Andy - ESFP
Donna - ESTJ
April - ISTP
Mark - INTP
Jamm - ENTP

April and Andy are both perceivers not judgers which is why their home is such a mess, they do impulsive things together, and IRL their relationship would break down.

Forest Nymph

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
OMG! Leslie Knope is an ENFJ. Chris Traeger is the biggest ISFJ alive. Ron Swanson ISTP. April IxFP. Tom Haverford is the most obvious ENTP ever written. Ann is probably an ESFJ, she's the EFJ muscle to match the Leslie Knope EFJ intuition/vision. Jerry is the worst ISTJ ever lived (maybe Si heavy INFP?), and Donna is an ESFP. Andy is probably ENFP, matching April's IxFP.