• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Parks and Recreation

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
anyone else love this show?

leslie: ENFJ
ron: ISTP
ann: some kind of SJ, i'm unsure on E/I and T/F
april: INXP
andy: ESFP
I agree except I think Ann is an ISFJ and April INTP

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ron - ISTJ 1w9 Sp/Sx

Leslie - ESFJ 2w3 So/Sx

April - ISxP cp6w5 or 4w5 Sx/So

Andy - ESFP 9w8 So/Sx

Tom - ESTP 3w2 So/Sx

Anne - ISFJ 2w1 Sp/So

Ben - IxxJ p6w5 Sp/So

Jerry - ISFJ 9w1 Sp/So

Donna - ESxP 8w7 Sx/Sp

Chris Traeger - ESFJ 2w3 So/Sx

Jean-Ralphio - ESFP 6w7 So/Sx

Mark - INTx 9w8

I like this for the most part. My changes would be..

Leslie: ENFJ 1w2
Ron: 9w1
Ben: INFJ

Julgre96

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Leslie- ENFJ
She's outspoken, imaginative, focuses on the big picture, is guided by her emotions, and is a structured leader.

Ron- ISTP
He's tricky. I thought either INTJ/ISTP, but he likes to keep tradition and is a "fix-it" man. He enjoys his alone time, keeps his traditions, doesn't much care for people, and is spontaneous in his decision-making (as long as it involves sex or meat ;) )

April- INTP
She is very imaginative, non-conformist, and sees possibilities, but is also very realistic. Though she has been known to hold grudges, she doesn't seem to be very emotional at all. She's borderline S/N

Tom- ESTP
Need I say more?

Ann- ISFJ
I think she is an introvert at heart, but a relatively extraverted one. She's borderline E/I.

Andy- ENFP
He is exciting, curious, loud, emotional, and spontaneous. He often imagines scenarios for his life (being a detective and musician) and is quite creative, thus he is an ENFP.

Ben- INTJ
He is either an ISTJ/INTJ, but he seems more future and goal-oriented. His structure and work ethic may mistype him as an ISTJ, but he seems more like an INTJ. He reminds me a lot of myself (I'm an INTJ), for what it's worth.

Donna- ESFP
Pretty self-explanatory.

Jerry- ISFJ
He's reserved, sensitive, realistic and structured. He is also very loyal to the group and gets his job done, but puts his emotions first and always tries to make everyone happy.

Chris- ESFJ
Exciting, detail-oriented, emotional, and structured. He is 100% ESFJ.

My best guesses for Parks & Rec.
Am I missing anyone?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Leslie: ESFJ
Mark: ISTP (ESTP?)... seems Beta quadra to me.
Ben: INTP
Ann: ISFJ
Ron: ISTJ
Chris: ENFx (Maybe J, because I think Se is somewhere).. I want to say ENFP, but there's really nothing Ne like about him. He seems to have some kind of Ni-Se thing going on.

oopskirgy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Ron - ISTJ 1w9 Sp/Sx

Leslie - ESFJ 2w3 So/Sx

April - ISxP cp6w5 or 4w5 Sx/So

Andy - ESFP 9w8 So/Sx

Tom - ESTP 3w2 So/Sx

Anne - ISFJ 2w1 Sp/So

Ben - IxxJ p6w5 Sp/So

Jerry - ISFJ 9w1 Sp/So

Donna - ESxP 8w7 Sx/Sp

Chris Traeger - ESFJ 2w3 So/Sx

Jean-Ralphio - ESFP 6w7 So/Sx

Mark - INTx 9w8

Ron is a 8w9. in control of his environment, quick to anger, unapologetic about who he is, firm to his beliefs
April is a 9w8. very sarcastic and lazy, doesn't like to reveal her true feelings but is also unconcerned with other people's judgements
Andy is a 7w6. open, friendly, positive, gullible, avoids pain. like a puppy dog
Ann is a 1w2. strong 2 wing but more about doing the right thing and feeling morally good than helping others and feeling loved. ie episode 1 demanding the government do something about the pit
Ben is a 1w9. gets annoyed/frustrated easily when he isn't right.
Chris is a 7w8. positive and enthusiastic, avoids pain, not great with conflict but likes being in charge - "this is what I want to do, lets do it right now"
Mark is a 6w5. contradictory, afraid of commitment but wants it at the same time, defensive

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
Multiple people have told me I look and act like April, so I am guessing INTP 5 or 9 and some combination of sp and sx

Ron is ISTJ 1 Sp for sure.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm so sad this isn't actually about parks and recreation.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Merged a bunch of threads into this one.

Also I really need to start watching this. Anyone have favorite episodes to start with?

[MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION]

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also I really need to start watching this. Anyone have favorite episodes to start with?
"Flu Season" is hilarious. Also "Soulmates", and "The Fight". The scene where everybody is drunk on Tom's "Snake Juice" liquor is priceless.

Oh, also "Hunting Trip", where Ron gets shot in the back of the head. God, so many great episodes.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Leslie - ENFJ
Ron - ISTJ
April - INTP
Ann - ISFJ
Tom - ESTP (weird but I could see him with any combo of ExxP)
Donna - ESTP
Andy - ENFP
Ben - INTJ
Jerry - ISFJ
Chris - ESFJ

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp

Tbh just start from the beginning! :p It's all good, although I remember the first time I watched the first episode it took me days to complete because I hadn't watched any comedies in that style before, but after that episode I loved the rest. Comedies aren't too long either which is always a plus.

I loved season 2 though, I always remember the season opening where Leslie did that rap when Ron needed to tell her something urgent :')

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

I would start either somewhere in Season 1 or 2, definitely watch the pilot first just to get an intro to the characters. After that you can skip around. Seasons 3-4 are my favorites. Episodes: "Pawnee Zoo," "Ron and Tammy," and "94 Meetings" are all great Season 2 episodes. "Flu Season" is one of my all time favorites, I think it's Season 3...

If you start watching you should send me an obnoxious number of PMs/FB messages. It's literally my favorite my show. :D

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
any episode with Ron and Tammy is the best IMO. Or Ron as Duke Silver. :D

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The general consensus is that the show didn't get really good until Season 2, and I tend to agree. But at least the first season is short. Only six episodes.

Still, the first season had some great moments. I love the part in the first episode where Andy tells Ann, "Hey, if you're going to the kitchen anyway, could you make me some pancakes real quick?" My roommate and I are always saying that to each other.

I think it really hit its true comedic stride when Adam Scott and Rob Lowe joined the cast. Ben and Chris are such great characters. Paul Schneider didn't contribute much, in my opinion.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I really have absolutely no idea why I'm seeing some posts in here with Leslie being a perceiver or an introvert. N/S for her may be debateable, but the other letters are extremely obvious.

My thoughts...

Leslie - ENFJ
Ron - ISTJ
Andy - ESFP
April - INFP
Ben - IsTJ (I'm having a difficult time with this considering how Ron and Ben aren't that similar)
Tom - ENtP
Donna - EStP
Gary/Jerry/Terry/Larry - ISFJ
Chris - ESFJ
Tammy - ENTj

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I really have absolutely no idea why I'm seeing some posts in here with Leslie being a perceiver or an introvert. N/S for her may be debateable, but the other letters are extremely obvious.

My thoughts...

Leslie - ENFJ
Ron - ISTJ
Andy - ESFP
April - INFP
Ben - IsTJ (I'm having a difficult time with this considering how Ron and Ben aren't that similar)
Tom - ENtP
Donna - EStP
Gary/Jerry/Terry/Larry - ISFJ
Chris - ESFJ
Tammy - ENTj

I think Ron's an ISTP... And IsTJ for Ben, maybe even leaning towards N.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ben's an INTP with his shit together. There aren't many of us. I'm not one of them.

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I don't know about Ron being a sensor. Nick Offerman's acting certainly gives that impression, but mostly because the man is a major sensor himself.

Ron Swanson is super-passionate about abstract ideals and political philosophies, looking down on people who don't share the same views. When given the chance, Ron tries to evangelize his ideals to other people. Everything he does is rooted in abstract ideologies.

I'd probably go with INTJ for Swanson.

big sexy

MBTI Type
INfP
I don't know about Ron being a sensor. Nick Offerman's acting certainly gives that impression, but mostly because the man is a major sensor himself.

Ron Swanson is super-passionate about abstract ideals and political philosophies, looking down on people who don't share the same views. When given the chance, Ron tries to evangelize his ideals to other people. Everything he does is rooted in abstract ideologies.

I'd probably go with INTJ for Swanson.

Sensors can be passionate about their values. Ron is not super imaginative, head-in-the-clouds, or future-focused; he is usually down-to-earth, sensible, and pragmatic. ISTJ or maybe ISTP for him IMO.

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Sensors can be passionate about their values. Ron is not super imaginative, head-in-the-clouds, or future-focused; he is usually down-to-earth, sensible, and pragmatic. ISTJ or maybe ISTP for him IMO.

Do sensors have values? Yes, I won't argue with that. But do sensors have abstract ideals? No. And that's what Ron is most passionate about.

Ron Swanson's ideals are abstractions, such as capitalism and "manliness".

I might add that your intuitive traits are mostly limited to NP types. NJs are a much different story (one could easily describe them as pragmatic and sensible).