• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

George Carlin

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I've always loved him and this was on HBO the other night and had me in tears!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIXlwYoOV9k"]Pumping out a Unit[/YOUTUBE];P

I'd guess he's an INTJ or ISTJ.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
extroverted? not sure since he seemed to dislike people so much.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think you can still be extraverted and dislike a majority of American politicians, who he tends to ridicule. His ideas buzz and he gets excited like an extravert. IMO.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've heard people argue ENTJ.

I still say ENTP though.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mB6R6pJs3A"]Stupid Bullshit[/YOUTUBE]

Sounds 'I' to me.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
extroverted? not sure since he seemed to dislike people so much.

extraverted has nothing to do with disliking people. i dislike most people because i consider them idiots, but that doesn't mean i'm afraid of talking to them. you're working with two different dimensions here.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
extraverted has nothing to do with disliking people. i dislike most people because i consider them idiots, but that doesn't mean i'm afraid of talking to them. you're working with two different dimensions here.

Very true, although being introverted has nothing to do with being afraid to talk to people, either. But extroversion is definitely compatible with being a misanthrope.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Very true, although being introverted has nothing to do with being afraid to talk to people, either. But extroversion is definitely compatible with being a misanthrope.

ah, misanthrope. i was looking for that word. thanks!

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I still say ENTP though.

His stage presence is undoubtedly extroverted.
But off stage (watch interviews) and it becomes clear he's actually introverted.

If you're familiar with his history, you know he's actually run himself through a number of characters.

But certainly not a J.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I agree XNTP, leaning towards INTP. Ne's up there, maybe not his dominant function though.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Liking/disliking people would be more the "directing/informing" dimension (also called "responsiveness" or "people/task" focus) rather than E/I. He seems more directive to me, which would suggest (since all seem to agree he's a T), TJ or STP.
I get ISTJ vibes, because he reminds me of my father. Very Melancholy (Chart the Course) rather than Behind the Scenes. Probably more of a thinking loner, who just has his act where he goes up before people and voices his opinions. But I have not heard him much, though. So just from what little I have heard.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I agree XNTP, leaning towards INTP. Ne's up there, maybe not his dominant function though.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZxDEaW7-jg&feature=related]Interview 1[/youtube]

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pow5_UYKaJ8&feature=related]Small interview[/youtube]
These are somewhat revealing.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
That first one is great. He was a genuinely and deeply intelligent person, I think. I actually like him better offstage than on--his comedy was never my favorite. I can definitely see him as a Ti dominant who lets his formidable Ne go wild on stage.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
true, but he gave off the vibe that he preferred to not be around people as often as possible. did not draw energy from being around them.
Very true, although being introverted has nothing to do with being afraid to talk to people, either.
thank you. I don't know why people often assume that if you can speak to others, you're extroverted. "omg, he/she went to a party. they are sooo outgoing!"

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
thank you. I don't know why people often assume that if you can speak to others, you're extroverted. "omg, he/she went to a party. they are sooo outgoing!"

i don't assume it, i am an extroverted introvert as well. it's not so much that they can't speak, but for some people it is about insecurities. an I can go to a party, but there is a chance that he or she will feel uncomfortable after a while and leave. i'd go so far as to say that there is a difference between how an introvert speaks versus how an extrovert speaks.