• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

George Carlin

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alright, what makes Carlin an Ne-dominant type? All I see in his act are Te spats.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
He is a master at making connections. I attribute that to Ne. You see it a lot in creative people, but it's not pulling something out from within, it's working with what's already out there.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He is a master at making connections.
Some examples? He seems to be a master at spotting logical contradictions and whittling down reality to make it work better (as demonstrated in the video I included in my first post in this thread) -- a Te speciality.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm really not in the mood to look up examples. I haven't read anything of his or listened to anything of his for years and years. I'm not trying to change your mind, just here to share my thoughts.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fair enough.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always thought he was an ENTP, but I think he at least fits xxTP.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Closer than usual, but no. He's an extrovert. Read his bio.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about his interviews makes him seem introverted?

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENTP but he describes his childhood as lonely his routines up to the end of the 80s were very Ne-Ti

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
His childhood was very lonely. He became addicted to the radio because he needed to hear a human voice.

TheDude72727

MBTI Type
IxTx
That, my friends, is Ni. ESTPs and ESFPs have it as well, but it's inferior so it's rarely as apparent as it appears here.

Can you explain how this is Ni? I'm actually interested here.

Even if that is an example of Ni, it is a massive leap to try and claim where that Ni lies in his function order. For two reasons.

1. Frequency of use can't really be determined...
2. He was older when he made the quote. This suggests that perhaps what he was saying was an expression of a developing inferior function.

I'm still inclined to say ESTP, though, if only by the bombastic, crude nature of his stand-up routines. His humor strikes me as stereotypical STP humor.

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
his later stuff strikes me as STP 70s and early 80s stuff strikes me as NTP listen to his routine on time on youtube

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can you explain how this is Ni? I'm actually interested here.
It's a philosophical abstraction, with no apparent external basis for it (as Ne would have). He saw an audience of one, and from there he saw an audience of millions stretching in the distance for... no damn reason. That's Introverted Intuition.

Even if that is an example of Ni, it is a massive leap to try and claim where that Ni lies in his function order. For two reasons.

1. Frequency of use can't really be determined...
2. He was older when he made the quote. This suggests that perhaps what he was saying was an expression of a developing inferior function.
Fair points. However, I'd say Ni is more likely a higher function, because it's somewhat apparent in the philosophical and idealistic nature (albeit broken and cynical) of his political views.

I'm still inclined to say ESTP, though, if only by the bombastic, crude nature of his stand-up routines. His humor strikes me as stereotypical STP humor.
I agree his humor is bombastic and Se-ish, but it's vastly Te as well, which means he's either ENTJ (first possibility), or ESFP (second). ESTP humor is all about the crudeness, coupled perhaps with some keen observational humor. Carlin's humor on the other hand is snark related to logical contradictions (T-dominance), and inefficiency (Te). Crudeness is secondary.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
It's a philosophical abstraction, with no apparent external basis for it (as Ne would have). He saw an audience of one, and from there he saw an audience of millions stretching in the distance for... no damn reason. That's Introverted Intuition.

Fair points. However, I'd say Ni is more likely a higher function, because it's somewhat apparent in the philosophical and idealistic nature (albeit broken and cynical) of his political views.

I agree his humor is bombastic and Se-ish, but it's vastly Te as well, which means he's either ENTJ (first possibility), or ESFP (second). ESTP humor is all about the crudeness, coupled perhaps with some keen observational humor. Carlin's humor on the other hand is snark related to logical contradictions (T-dominance), and inefficiency (Te). Crudeness is secondary.

You are the worst.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're the one that sucks for not recognizing Ni as something more refined than... forethought.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Feeling's mutual, buddy.