• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New Star Trek Characters

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Kirk's father was da bomb, right before he smashed into Nero's ship.

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
Some of the new movie characters were different types than the originals. But hey, it’s an alternate universe, so they're not the same people anyway.

Most notably, the new Kirk is ESTP to the bone, while the Shatner version was ENtP.

Scotty seems like an ENTP in the movie, while he was more S in the original series.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Spock ISFJ

:doh:

Im not sure if spock is really ISTJ, althought Im heavily influenced by my knowledge of the original series where he was undeniably INTP.

So I guess

Spock Prime = INTP

Although you have to consider the life of spock was unaltered until he joined starfleet, by that time his personality was probably already very well developed and I dont see any kind of stimuli that could of changed it aside from the lack of Kirks influence and I dont see how kirk = intp spock no kirk = istj spock.

I still say Spock = INTP its just that in the movie you mostly saw spock under extreme stress which might give a different vibe for his character.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Since nobody cares about Catch Me If You Can, hah, I decided I'd recycle this thread as "New Star Trek characters."

All I think I know are the socionics typings, not really sure about MBTI.

Kirk - ESTp
Spock - ISTj
McCoy - ISFj maybe
Uhura - ESFp
Scotty - ENTp

Funny, all of these (excepting McCoy who is a clear INTJ) seem to line up perfectly with these characters' MBTI types.

:waits for socionics advocates to show up screaming about how profoundly different the two systems are:

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Funny, all of these (excepting McCoy who is a clear INTJ) seem to line up perfectly with these characters' MBTI types.

:waits for socionics advocates to show up screaming about how profoundly different the two systems are:

What made you think of McCoy as an INTJ?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd have to watch the movie again to point out specific functional uses, but that's just the vibe I remember getting.

Angry INFJ is possible too, I guess. I just don't think ISFJ fits very well.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Ok yeah, actually you guys are right. xxTJ doesn't really fit.

I'm going to go with INFJ for now, and I think ESFJ is 2nd most likely.

I don't really see ISFJ or ENFJ, but after thinking about it some more he definitely is raging Fe.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But...they do line up perfectly. What am I supposed to be stopping?