• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hating a character or celebrity

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I hate Harry Potter. He's so naïve. So that's why I think it's a pitty that he survived the HPseries. Seriously, I think Voldemort is really evil, but because of Potter's naivity I started finding him sympathetic.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
haha happens in horror movies all the time: the screamqueen or anyone acts so histerically ignorant, bringing himself into obvious danger for ridiculous "emotional" reasons, that i start to hope that they get killed already.

like i dunno .... when someone is hiding and has forgotten his puppet and then goes out to get the puppet ... might make sense in the script where the character is three years old, but the casted actor is like nine years old ...

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
ughh...that guy from csi miami!! he drives me bonkers!!!

i have no clue what his type would be but doubt my dislike for him has anything to do with it. it's the way he talks that i hate so much.

ME TOO! Every time he says "Horatio Caine" or some other stupid phrase and takes off those cheesy sunglasses, I want to vomit. I only watched about three episodes of CSI Miami, and never could stomach any more after that because of him. Ew.

Shelovesyoumaybe

MBTI Type
INFP
ughh...that guy from csi miami!! he drives me bonkers!!!

i have no clue what his type would be but doubt my dislike for him has anything to do with it. it's the way he talks that i hate so much.
OHohoh, I agree! He looks like a twisted human version of Winnie-the-pooh. Ugh.

You know who is almost as bad? Mac Taylor from CSI New York. Oh god, he is absolutely awful. He tries so hard to be intimidating, but fails miserably. His acting is gut wrenching.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Paris Hilton

I don't have strong feelings about most celebs but she just grates on me.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Wow -- only a single character/celebrity? I have so many to offer...

Off the top of my head (pardon my additional scope, lemons):

- CSI
- Dancing With the Stars
- The View
- Diane Sawyer
- The Fast and the Furious target demographic
- Armchair Da Vinci Code 'historians'
- The Hills
- Card-carrying political affiliation
- Interpretive dance, all
- Bullet-time CGI, post 2002

Gruesome.

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Two other characters I dislike very much, for not altogether different reasons, are Undine Spragg from The Custom of the Country and Jack Donaghy, from 30 Rock.

deleted
Actually that makes sense Night. I can often hate an entire show because of the acting quality or storyline. It can seem overly pretentious. Although I don't really watch TV, I wonder why.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i wish i really knew her type...no one can seem to agree...but i like her much. :smile:

i was wondering about this recently. i think she's an infj. i don't usually get into celebs or even know their names, usually, but i have just always been drawn to her.......like i understand her or something.......hahaha! i know that sounds ridiculous.......i should delete this! maybe i will..........

what do you think? i was thinking infp/infj. but i have to go with j just because she seems like a judger, and because (sorry to say it!) she just looks like an infj to me. but could be infp....?

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Wayne Knight - Greedy, sleazy, fat guy on Jurassic Park... OMG :sick:
Jason Alexander - George Costanza on Seinfeld........ GGGrrrr :steam:
Michael Richards -Kramer on Seinfeld, can't stand but don's hate either

Guess you can tell I didn't like the show "Seinfeld" very much.

What are their types.. I would guess Michael Richards to be INFP but I couldn't be sure.. and other two? :thinking:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Wayne Knight - Greedy, sleazy, fat guy on Jurassic Park... OMG :sick:
Jason Alexander - George Costanza on Seinfeld........ GGGrrrr :steam:
Michael Richards -Kramer on Seinfeld, can't stand but don's hate either

Guess you can tell I didn't like the show "Seinfeld" very much.

What are their types.. I would guess Michael Richards to be INFP but I couldn't be sure.. and other two? :thinking:

George is a phenomenal character, I'd guess a crazy INFj stuck in a Ni-Ti neuroticism loop, while Kramer is one of the greatest television characters of all time and is as ENTP as you can get.

How can you not like Seinfeld!?

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
LOL I like Seinfeld, but those creeps -Newman and George on Seinfeld- had me totally grossed out, Kramer was hmm.. just too weird...

But I do love Jeff Goldblum, he seems so intelligent and eccentric.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
The guy who plays J.D.'s brother on Scrubs?! AHHHHH!!! SO ANNOYING!

Yeah, he is annoying, but I also kind of hate J.D. He's just so needy, chatty, and oddly judgmental. His silliness is only tolerable in scenes where he is being humiliated and/or berated by someone else (which I realize is part of the design). But his day dream sequences and other isolated gimmicks are annoying and often not funny (e.g., "floating head doctor," which got old real fast). Don't even get me started on the dramatic parts involving him, or his neat moral wrap-ups at the end of each show. I often imagine that if I were one of the characters in the show, I'd be telling J.D. to fuck off on a regular basis.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Kramer was the best character! I hated Elaine, though.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Yeah, he is annoying, but I also kind of hate J.D. He's just so needy, chatty, and oddly judgmental. His silliness is only tolerable in scenes where he is being humiliated and/or berated by someone else (which I realize is part of the design). But his day dream sequences and other isolated gimmicks are annoying and often not funny (e.g., "floating head doctor," which got old real fast). Don't even get me started on the dramatic parts involving him, or his neat moral wrap-ups at the end of each show. I often imagine that if I were one of the characters in the show, I'd be telling J.D. to fuck off on a regular basis.

YES! I hate J.D. so much. But every other character on the show is great, particularly Kelso and Cox. Also I have an insane crush for Elliot.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
YES! I hate J.D. so much. But every other character on the show is great, particularly Kelso and Cox. Also I have an insane crush for Elliot.

I seriously never got how she could let herself get played by a goofball like JD. Seriously.

(is it weird that I daydream about stealing her from him whenever I see an episode when they're in a relationship?)

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I think she's horrible. She is so goofy and needy that she disgusts me. Actually, I hate every single character on Scrubs with the exception of... no, I hate them all. The Turk guy gives me light amusement when I don't want to bash his skull in, though.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I think she's horrible. She is so goofy and needy that she disgusts me. Actually, I hate every single character on Scrubs with the exception of... no, I hate them all. The Turk guy gives me light amusement when I don't want to bash his skull in, though.

I like goofy, and I like cute and blond. I find her quirks adorable and I'm not a careless idiot like J.D. so the problems they have that exacerbate her insecurities would really never arise.

Yes I've given that imaginary relationship way too much thought.