• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Freud/Jung's Type

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
His work on Alchemy for one, he connects patterns.

Show me where you see secondary Fe in his work or his private life.

he doesn't necessarily use Fe in his work as much as he uses Ni. i know when i work on research i almost exclusively focus my energy on Ne.

heart

heart on fire
he doesn't necessarily use Fe in his work as much as he uses Ni. i know when i work on research i almost exclusively focus my energy on Ne.

You don't know your own judging function from what your type indicates, so how would you know what you use? :huh:

If you do research only on Ne, how in the world do you know what you think/feel about the information you take in? Using Ne would be pure perception, nothing else.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
You don't know your own judging function from what your type indicates, so how would you know what you use? :huh:

why do people keep thinking that i don't know my type? i know my type, and it's ENXP. my auxiliary functions do not fit in neither ENTP or ENFP roles, but my dominant function is still Ne, and i use it extensively.

i mean, how hard can it be to understand that not everyone fits the mere 16 types that MBTI offers?

If you do research only on Ne, how in the world do you know what you think/feel about the information you take in?

i don't. Ne does it for me.

heart

heart on fire
why do people keep thinking that i don't know my type? i know my type, and it's ENXP. my auxiliary functions do not fit in neither ENTP or ENFP roles, but my dominant function is still Ne, and i use it extensively.

i mean, how hard can it be to understand that not everyone fits the mere 16 types that MBTI offers?

i don't. Ne does it for me.

You don't even understand MBTI then. It's impossible to be both ENTP and ENFP under MBTI theory.

No point going on here about this, we're using different systems to type people.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
You don't even understand MBTI then. No point going on here about this.

are you kidding me? i understand MBTI perfectly well, but i also take the results with a grain of salt. 16 types cannot classify 6 billion people PERFECTLY, which you seem to imply. besides, is it so wrong of me to write my type in my own theory while discussing the MBTI types of others?

what is it with people, especially IXXPs being so anal about this? is it just that time of the month?

heart

heart on fire
are you kidding me? i understand MBTI perfectly well, but i also take the results with a grain of salt. 16 types cannot classify 6 billion people PERFECTLY, which you seem to imply.

If you don't think the system is valid, then why bother debating what types people are under MBTI? It would seem pointless for you.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see Jung as INTJ. Ni-dom certainly. I don't see him as INFJ, as much as I would love to have him in the INFJ camp. He was just a bit too clinical. But he was definitely well-rounded, regardless of type.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
If you don't think the system is valid, then why bother debating what types people are under MBTI? It would seem pointless for you.

a) it is in my interest to improve my own abilities to type people, and with that, be able to do further research into the field.

b) it is in my interest to analyze how other people think, analyze and behave in situations, regardless of type. i look for empirical proof of the truths in MBTI while filtering away false assumptions.

can i ask how you have come to trust MBTI as the ultimate truth for stereotyping people?

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
I see Jung as INTJ. Ni-dom certainly. I don't see him as INFJ, as much as I would love to him in the INFJ camp. He was just a bit too clinical. But he was definitely well-rounded, regardless of type.

Everybody had to be clinical in that environment. Germanys atmosphere at that time is the definition of clinical.

heart

heart on fire
can i ask how you have come to trust MBTI as the ultimate truth for stereotyping people?

I don't. But if I am here talking about MBTI, then I am going to at least loosely follow the guidelines of the system. But again, it's a waste of time talking about it if you are going to make up your own rules. It's fine if you have your very own typing system that you come up with and want to talk about, but if talking about MBTI, why bother if you don't even believe it?

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Okay. I still stand by him as INTJ.

i do too, to an extent. He could organize his theories quite well. As if he never sent his ideas into a tangent. He eventually made a decision and articulated it. As though it was the only direction he took with his theories. What we do here today is constently challenge them. He could have done this himself, quite often, but due to such a clinical environment, we may never know what he may have also wanted to articulate.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
I don't. But if I am here talking about MBTI, then I am going to at least loosely follow the guidelines of the system.

that's exactly what i do.