• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Famous/INfamous people you wish didn't share your type

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Meursault?

I'm a bit disappointed that Princess Diana was purported to be INFP. She may have been involved in numerous causes but her constant need for attention and admiration always made her appear desperate and pathetic.

I'm sure there are others but I haven't bothered to memorize every type list of (in)famous people and don't have much inclination to make one myself.

Lend me your ears!
Princess Diana is NOT an INFP even though she 'tested as one'.
Many of the tests have an iNtuitive bias to them and she could be an ISFP who fell into that trap.

It's sort of like how Bill Clinton tested as an ENFP.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
They don't seem very Islamic in their upbringing -just like you- The whole Bin Laden thingie is quite fishy.

What do you mean "just like me"? my upbringing was extremely Islamic, I see in his family photos the ladies aren't even covered, whereas I would have been beaten within an inch of my life if I left the house with my hair uncovered. So no, it wasn't "just like me".

Whether or not you believe that Osama thing is fishy, he is practically worshipped by the people I left behind, myth or fact, much like a prophet.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
What do you mean "just like me"? my upbringing was extremely Islamic, I see in his family photos the ladies aren't even covered, whereas I would have been beaten within an inch of my life if I left the house with my hair uncovered. So no, it wasn't "just like me".

Whether or not you believe that Osama thing is fishy, he is practically worshipped by the people I left behind, myth or fact, much like a prophet.

I meant he was not Islamic in his upbringing like you were (unlike you).

That's rough, good to see you could be liberated from such dogmatic retardation. Islam seems a tough one sometimes to get over, I'm usually baffled by smart people who can believe is such myths.

BerberElla ? If so, you people have the craziest/fastest tongue. (as in, while speaking)

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I meant he was not Islamic in his upbringing like you were (unlike you).

That's rough, good to see you could be liberated from such dogmatic retardation. Islam seems a tough one sometimes to get over, I'm usually baffled by smart people who can believe is such myths.

Oh right lol total INFP moment or what? :blush:

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Lend me your ears!
Many of the tests have an iNtuitive bias to them and she could be an ISFP who fell into that trap.

Clinton tested as an ENFP? When was this? Can't find reference to it one Google (admittedly I did a lazy search).

But I believe him to be an ESFP. Diana I'm not so sure about, although probably an ISFP.

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
Apparently Oprah is thought to be INFJ (I disagree), but if she is, I don't like that she is... I don't like her, I think she is very fake.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Apparently Oprah is thought to be INFJ (I disagree), but if she is, I don't like that she is... I don't like her, I think she is very fake.

I've read ENFJ. I like her. But most of the time I can't stop looking at her hair.

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
I've read ENFJ. I like her. But most of the time I can't stop looking at her hair.

:rofl1: about the hair! She doesn't seem ENFJ to me either, but I can't really seem to get a vibe for her type... I think it's probably hard to really type a famous person accurately because the public image they exude may not be their true self? ENFJ could make sense for her though. I don't hate her, but something about her makes me just cringe sometimes because I feel like she doesn't necessarily do all the helping she claims to do without dollar signs in mind. I just don't like that she seems to pretend a lot (the fakeness I guess gets me), but that's also business, I guess.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's probably hard to really type a famous person accurately because the public image they exude may not be their true self?

Agreed. I suspect many of the celebrities generally accepted to be extraverts are introverts (e.g. Beyonce). Introverts can be outgoing and charismatic too. Especially when they are paid to be :yes:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oddly enough, I actually really like all the celebrities that have been typed esfp.

I think they are in their element so they're probably less likely to go "weird" because of their fame like some other celebrities.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
Lend me your ears!

She didn't even "test" as one. From what I've heard, her massage therapist showed her the Keirsey INFP portrait and said, "this sounds like you." Diana didn't even read any of the other descriptions.

Vanity typing is everywhere. The idea is that everyone who looks good and does something I would do MUST therefore share my type preferences, and anyone whom I don't like for any reason can't possibly be my type! And I've noticed that most of the time, temperamental traits are thrown out the window -- someone may appear to fit one of Keirsey's profiles, but nobody wants to believe it if they happen to like the person but don't also share those preferences. Do you believe you have XYZ preferences? Then any famous person who says something you agree with in an interview must also magically be an XYZ too! Wow! I think this is why nearly every famous person who's mentioned on this list whom people admire is believed to prefer Intuition, despite these people not actually seeming to fit the Rational or Idealist temperament traits as defined by Keirsey, Berens and others.

As for the famous people themselves, if they've heard of the MBTI, they never seem to take it under the direction of a qualified expert, with feedback and validation and all.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
Agreed. I suspect many of the celebrities generally accepted to be extraverts are introverts (e.g. Beyonce). Introverts can be outgoing and charismatic too. Especially when they are paid to be :yes:

I suspect it's easy to be charismatic when you become famous for a specific talent you have but then all of a sudden fame transforms you from being a musician to being a "celebrity," and now everything you do is newsworthy, no matter how mundane. What's your favorite musician wearing today? Ooooh, he or she looks so cool, even if the same outfit, if worn by your cousin, wouldn't be deemed cool. In other words, it's cool and charismatic only because people enjoy the celebrity's musical talent, not because everything about that musician is actually so wonderful. :laugh:

G

garbage

Hilary Clinton.

I mean, come on. No type, no matter how evil and conniving, deserves to have her amongst their ranks!

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
There are a lot of people who I admire who don't share my type at all.
I am 'lucky' that I'm somewhat self-loathing myself, :D

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hilary Clinton.

I mean, come on. No type, no matter how evil and conniving, deserves to have her amongst their ranks!

everyone will probably hate me now, because I'm probably the only one that will say this, but, <GASP> I actually like the good ol' Hillraiser... :thumbup: Bill's O-Okay too.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Say, Sarah! I thought for sure you were going to take the opportunity to mention Bush!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't think I have any major problems with any famous people typed as INTJ. However, I seem to have a major problem with people who are typed as INTJ here. Or other places. You know, the self-typed ones.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
Say, Sarah! I thought for sure you were going to take the opportunity to mention Bush!

Well, if everyone here doesn't know already, I despise George W. Bush with a passion, and yet it's believed by Dr. John Beebe and Dr. Linda Berens that Bush is an ISFP