• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jared Leto

KDude

But what about Kurt Cobain?

It's hard to type someone as unhealthy as he was, but I thought he was more of an NTP. He might have been emotional, but I don't think Fi was on his mind. Kind of like John Lennon, who was capable of a lot of passion.. but another possible NTP, I think.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I guess I'm just ass backwards from you Jordan Catalano lovers.

I just have a thing for intense men who wear eye liner.

I would probably catagorize Jared Leto and Paul Banks from Interpol as the hottest famous guys I can think of.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's hard to type someone as unhealthy as he was, but I thought he was more of an NTP. He might have been emotional, but I don't think Fi was on his mind. Kind of like John Lennon, who was capable of a lot of passion.. but another possible NTP, I think.

I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain was INFP.

KDude

I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain was INFP.

Fair enough. He was an asshole either way. :cheese:

Couldn't even weigh his own closest allies well. He was a dick to his friends (not to mention, didn't seem to get the f in shape for his daughter's sake). Too self-indulgent in negativity. My favorite Nirvana song is Scentless Apprentice btw. Which is actually Dave Grohl's song. I remember when In Utero came out, Kurt had to make it a point on how lame that song was, like it was joke to include it.. even when Grohl's standing right there, hurt by the comment.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yep, Kurt Cobain might have been an asshole, but INFPs can be assholes. He had very strong morals about what he had morals about. He felt he had some vital truth to share with the world.

I prefer Nirvana to The Foo Fighters, hands down, like I seriously think the Foo Fighters are a joke compared to Nirvana...sooo...asshole or not, I think he had the most talent.

It wasn't as bad when Ian Curtis (also INFP) died and the other members of Joy Division formed New Order. Two very different bands, but both are good.

An unhealthy INFP won't look like a healthy INFP of course.

And now that I'm thinking about Kurt Cobain, I'm more convinced that Jared Leto is more of an ISFP.

ISFP.

The_World_As_Will

Yep, Kurt Cobain might have been an asshole, but INFPs can be assholes. He had very strong morals about what he had morals about. He felt he had some vital truth to share with the truth.

I prefer Nirvana to The Foo Fighters, hands down, like I seriously think the Foo Fighters are a joke compared to Nirvana...sooo...asshole or not, I think he had the most talent.

It wasn't as bad when Ian Curtis (also INFP) died and the other members of Joy Division formed New Order. Two very different bands, but both are good.

An unhealthy INFP won't look like a healthy INFP of course.

And now that I'm thinking about Kurt Cobain, I'm more convinced that Jared Leto is more of an ISFP.

ISFP.

Perhaps these two individuals being 5w4's ( Kurt and Ian) may mask (more so with Kurt), his NTP-ness, making him more emotional, and willing to stick behind his 'principles'. Personally I think he was an INTP (Kurt, idk about Ian, I think you are maybe correct with that one), But I do think that a 5w4 sx INTP (Including myself) will appear more emotional and Ti, though being a logical-driven (even fiercely so) can mask itself as Fi, as both are logical, rational functions, the Principled Ti when added with a more emotional flavour to it, IMO can seem more value-driven, or Fi-like. But Yes I agree, INFPs can be assholes.

KDude

Yeah, I think I may be 5w4 too, but I doubt I'm an INTP. Am I an asshole? lol.. maybe at times, but not really in that way. Lots of hits and misses in expressing things I care about, but I wouldn't compare myself to Kurt. I don't even know what he was talking about half of the time. As far as musicians go, I think Sinead O'Connor is a 5w4, but possibly more INFP. She flies off the handle in her own way, but her goals have always been more Fi. Even if some of it is kind of myopic idealism.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Kurt Cobain, Ian Curtis, Nick Cave, and Robert Smith of the Cure are INFP poster children.

If you guys want to convince yourselves that two of the most famous INFPs of the 20th century were NTPs, knock yourselves out.

But yeah I'm going ISFP for Jared Leto, for sure.

The_World_As_Will

Yeah, I think I may be 5w4 too, but I doubt I'm an INTP. Am I an asshole? lol.. maybe at times, but not really in that way. Lots of hits and misses in expressing things I care about, but I wouldn't compare myself to Kurt. I don't even know what he was talking about half of the time. As far as musicians go, I think Sinead O'Connor is a 5w4, but possibly more INFP. She flies off the handle in her own way, but her goals have always been more Fi. Even if some of it is kind of myopic idealism.

I don't think INTP = assholism, I do think unhealthy Ti and unhealthy INTPs tend to be assholes, but so do ENTPs, it's a symptom of being unhealthy and not being able to cope, I'm a 5w4 INTP and i'm certainly not an asshole but it has taken years to work on myself and try to be healthier, I would agree about the hit and misses but you learn. Sinead O'Connor is an interesting one there, I haven't been able to peg her, perhaps you are onto something there KDude.

Kurt Cobain, Ian Curtis, Nick Cave, and Robert Smith of the Cure are INFP poster children.

If you guys want to convince yourselves that two of the most famous INFPs of the 20th century were NTPs, knock yourselves out.

Well since we cannot know these two people personally [Kurt and Ian] (I think you are correct about smith and Nick Cave), I don't think we should claim anything as truth, would be presumptuous, but :shrug: We'll have to agree to disagree.

I'm ambivalent about Leto, good band though.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think Paul Banks is a better example of an NT in a band.

I think he very well could be INTP.

Or even INTJ. I dunno.

But INTx.

Calm. Cerebral. Analytical.

I have to say that overall he's a more attractive person than Jared Leto, actually. He seems to have more substance.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sinead O'Conner is quite the obvious ISFJ, in my opinion.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, she is not!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, she is not!

How do you figure, bro?

I'd really like to hear why you think so?

I truly think INFP the more I think about it. She despised structure in her Catholic upbringing, and found it to be a claustrophobic hell.

She's also very inconsistent. One day she's gay, the next she's not. One day she says she'll shave her head forever, then she grows her hair out.

Her very open social crusading appears to be more either Fi behavior or NFJ behavior.

But I lean toward INFP because of other facets of her personality.

She has a very strong inner moral core despite her external inconsistencies.

Si makes sense as her tertiary, because the tertiary can be basis for creativity - and she transformed her past as being severely abused as a child by her mother into art.

Yes, Fi/Si creativity makes the most sense for her work, and her Ne presentation to the world.

OMGZ she's such an NF.

You people are trolling.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good idea.

As per her stage person, and song lyrics, I do say she appears much like an INFJ. And based on just that I would also type her as an INFJ. But I'm a bit of a fan and have seen her off stage as well. And it altered my opinion in that she is much more like an ISFJ than an INFJ.

So my personal opinion is that she is ISFJ.

Ofcourse, being the unique person she is, it's not like she is like a posterchild for her type either.

Yes she is angry, yes she isn't the healthiest of types, yes she has never been very consistent in the media. But no that does not an INFJ make. It just means she has some issues. Issues, by the way, that have very clear and consistent grounds.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
She seems ISFJ? What makes her an Si dom?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In her explanations she focuses inwardly based on perceptive notions. She sees/recognizes something, she senses how it is, and how she thinks it should be, and then acts accordingly. In her 'anger' for example, since that is what she's famous for, she perceives a world, she focuses the perception inwards and feels how the world should really be like according to her. In her interviews this is a fairly dominant trait and does appear to be Si. It's basicly what makes her world go round.

So her Si is definately very present and strong. So I'll say this, if it is not dominant, then she is undoubtfully an unhealthy type and pretty much untypable. Personally, I'm sticking to ISFJ, but I can see why you think she is an INFJ. We've voiced our opinions, now if we can get her to do an MBTI test we'll know who was right. :p

KDude

Sinead O'Conner is quite the obvious ISFJ, in my opinion.

Too many iconoclastic tendencies. And not simply because of visibly iconoclastic gestures (like tearing up pictures of the pope, or shaving her head), but because it's part of her general character. A lot of what she says casually still seems like introverted judgement to me. If she's Fe, then so am I. I know she's cried about being misunderstood, so she does care about people's opinion, but she never ultimately adjusted to it. And even when people think she's cool in her anti-church sentiment, she dismisses that too. She doesn't do it out of atheism and seeks to bond with others that way. She's religious herself, but frustrated that it doesn't live up to her own ideals. Because of these ideals, she also became ordained a priest in a fringe branch of Catholicism. And lastly, as much as she cares about all of this stuff, she's said she hasn't taught her son anything about it. She wants him to come to his own view on religion. I think that's more on the Fi side than Fe.

KDude

In her explanations she focuses inwardly based on perceptive notions.

That's any introverted perspective. Including your own. Just because Fi is "judging" doesn't mean it's not pointing to some kind of narrative or world or inward notion (for lack of a better way of putting that..).