• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jared Leto

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Holy shit, Sinead O'Connor is one of the few celebrities that I'd legitimately call INFP. I don't think she comes off as ISFJ at all.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's hard to type someone as unhealthy as he was, but I thought he was more of an NTP. He might have been emotional, but I don't think Fi was on his mind. Kind of like John Lennon, who was capable of a lot of passion.. but another possible NTP, I think.

Cobain is INFP, but he's an e5w4. The e5 makes him seem Ti-ish.

Put my vote for Leto down as ISFP. It's hilarious to me that people are even considering anything else.

I would probably catagorize Jared Leto and Paul Banks from Interpol as the hottest famous guys I can think of.

Banks is another INFP, possibly e5w4 or 4w5.

All of these guys are enneagram 4s & many with a 5 wing (Leto is likely a 3 wing); that's why they seem like assholes. They're self-absorbed, elitist & moody 4s. The peacemaker, passively sweet INFP guy is usually the 9w1.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
back off lady! :p

lane777

nevermore
Looks like I'm a little late in the game again. I always end up in dead threads :(

I think the content of his lyrics are Fi/Se/Ni, not Ne/Fi. "Open your eyes, push yourself inside, contemplate

all of your senses." I really want to say that he's Ni.

Hmmm, I'm not any good at delving so deep into the functions.

An ISFP who is nearly 40 years old would have a hell of a lot of more Ni development than a 20 year old ISFP in

most cases.

Could you clarify?

ISFPs are extroverted introverts like ENFPs are introverted extroverts, so that could explain what you think is

him being "chatty."

Although Jared's not a speed talker, he is fairly long winded, while ISFP's (in my experience with them) are prone to fragments and choppy speech. Talking just comes too easily for him.

I agree that his lyrics can be pretty conceptual, and I believe that ENFP is the next likely type for him after

ISFP. There's a whole thread about this, though, in the popular culture "type me" section.

Yeah, I can't help but comparing Jared's lyrics to Michael Jackson's (who I believe is an ISFP): Michael's songs are pretty straight forward while Jared leaves room for interpretation; Michael focuses on relaying events while Jared expresses vague concepts. And because Michael's music is so simple/concrete, it's universal... I definitely wouldn't describe Jared's music in such a way.

Still, I wouldn't be shocked if he came out as ISFP. It would make sense that he's borderline on the two letters we're disagreeing on.

A minor point... he likes deadpan, as I'm used to seeing in ENFP's... I find ISFP humor more simple and silly.

I know I'm not saying anything too significant here, but anyone have any thoughts on all this?

And this is just for fun :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLYnvN5EIxs&feature=player_embedded"]Jared talking in concert[/YOUTUBE]

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Looks like I'm a little late in the game again. I always end up in dead threads :(

Hmmm, I'm not any good at delving so deep into the functions.

Could you clarify?

Although Jared's not a speed talker, he is fairly long winded, while ISFP's (in my experience with them) are prone to fragments and choppy speech. Talking just comes too easily for him.

Yeah, I can't help but comparing Jared's lyrics to Michael Jackson's (who I believe is an ISFP): Michael's songs are pretty straight forward while Jared leaves room for interpretation; Michael focuses on relaying events while Jared expresses vague concepts. And because Michael's music is so simple/concrete, it's universal... I definitely wouldn't describe Jared's music in such a way.

Still, I wouldn't be shocked if he came out as ISFP. It would make sense that he's borderline on the two letters we're disagreeing on.

A minor point... he likes deadpan, as I'm used to seeing in ENFP's... I find ISFP humor more simple and silly.

I know I'm not saying anything too significant here, but anyone have any thoughts on all this?

And this is just for fun :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLYnvN5EIxs&feature=player_embedded"]Jared talking in concert[/YOUTUBE]

Michael Jackson is not the only example of an ISFP musician. What about PJ Harvey's lyrics? Or Bob Dylan? And some ISFPs use more Ni than others, a person is more likely to use the tertiary as they age (it's the creative relief function, the tertiary, also) and it makes even more sense if you think about the fact that there are also ISFP novelists and philosophers. ISFP =/= "simplistic."

I think, too, the reason why you might not see it is if you aren't into functions. But I do think ENFP is the second most likely type, so whatever, I won't argue.

Whomever said Jared Leto is an INTJ is either a troll or doesn't know anything about type theory lol.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
"So Jared, I hear you're an ISFP. Heh, well so am I. Let's compare our ISFPness. We should hook up, yes?"

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
"So Jared, I hear you're an ISFP. Heh, well so am I. Let's compare our ISFPness. We should hook up, yes?"

You should ask to compare if his P-ness is bigger than yours. That would be a good ice breaker.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You should ask to compare if his P-ness is bigger than yours. That would be a good ice breaker.

If he's competitive I can use it against him. "Hey! I bet my P-ness is more amazing than yours!" Then he'll be allured into the essence of Stepho.