• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video Game Characters

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From another thread, about GTA San Andreas:

C.J: ISFJ
Sweet: ESTJ
Kendall: ISTJ
Big Smoke: ESFP
Ryder: ISTP
Frank Tempenny: ISTJ
Eddie Polaski: ESFP
Cesar: ISFP
Woozie: INTP
OG Loc: ESFP
Jizzy: ESTJ
Catalina: ESTP
Zero: ENTJ
Salvatore Leone: ISTJ

Cinnamon Sugar

MBTI Type
INFP
Has anyone else on this forum played the Lunar games? The remakes of Lunar 1 and 2 are among my favorites games ever. I haven't played the games in their entirety for awhile now, so these type impressions may not be the most accurate...

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
Alex: ISTP? Maybe ISFP.
Luna: INFX. Probably J.
Nash: ENTP? Maybe ESTP.
Mia: INFP
Jessica: ENFX?
Kyle: ESTP
Ghaleon: INTJ?

Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete
Hiro: EXFP
Lucia: INXX. Probably T.
Ronfar: EXTP.
Jean: INFJ?
Lemina: EXXP?
Ruby: EXFX

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Who are all these random names lol? We're talking about video games! You know - Mario, Donkey Kong, Sonic, Samus, etc.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
obscure JRPGs are a huge thing for INFs it seems. personally all the emo characters make me cringe.

Cinnamon Sugar

MBTI Type
INFP
obscure JRPGs are a huge thing for INFs it seems. personally all the emo characters make me cringe.

Hey! They're not emo, dammit! Sdncasdlzvndzsv :steam:

I know some JRPGs are kind of...melodramatic, but the Lunar games definitely aren't - or, at least, the English versions aren't (I don't know how different they are from the original Japanese games). One of the reasons why I love them so much is because they're so funny and light-hearted; they don't take themselves seriously at all.

By the way, sorry for going off-topic, mods.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Lara Croft, Tomb Raider - INTP... is the only one I can think of, right now. :cool:

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Hey! They're not emo, dammit! Sdncasdlzvndzsv :steam:

I know some JRPGs are kind of...melodramatic, but the Lunar games definitely aren't - or, at least, the English versions aren't (I don't know how different they are from the original Japanese games). One of the reasons why I love them so much is because they're so funny and light-hearted; they don't take themselves seriously at all.

By the way, sorry for going off-topic, mods.

i just checked some of the sequences out on youtube... yeah it's the same. happy cheery we-should-all-be-friends songs; a nice hippie atmosphere. classic JRPG style.

i love the japanese culture, the people and everything, but honestly, i don't understand their RPGs. rather than having an immersive world, they focus on over-the-top character (melo)drama and the one hero who has to save the princess or become a new stronger hero with the experience learned.

i could spin better stories off the top of my head than those in JRPGs, and i guarantee you they'd be written better than the politically correct emofests that are prevalent in the JRPG genre. the first and only JRPG i found worth playing was super mario rpg, and even then the story was generic.

anyone care to throw more western games into the mix? there's got to be a balance somewhere, but i'm stumped. i think i have exhausted the games i've played for actors. or well, almost:

garrett (thief): ENTP or INTP

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Let's do some..

PERSHONA 4!

MC: IXXX
Yosuke: ESTP
Chie: ISFP
Yukiko: INFJ
Teddie: ESFP
Also: [YOUTUBE="RW72LJVgGYM"]Teddieous![/YOUTUBE]
Rise: ENFJ
Kanji: ISTP
Naoto: ISTJ

Nanako: ISFJ
Dojima: ESTJ
Adachi: Damaged ISTJ
Izanami: Damaged INFJ

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
What about Resident Evil? I might be way off on this so give me your input pls. :huh:

Albert Wesker: ENTJ
Jill Valentine: ISTP
Chris Redfield: ISFJ
Leon Kennedy: ??
Claire Redfield: ??
Ada Wong: INTJ

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
im pretty sure Lara is istp (well judging from the first movie, i dont know how different her personality is from the games, its not like she talks much)

perhaps it depends on who's playing her. a good player: she's istp and is constantly aware of her environment. bad player: she's intp and forgets that there are pirhanas in the water.

Srho

MBTI Type
INFX
Here's The World Ends with You, yes another JRPG:
Neku: INFJ- but may first appear as a T by being overtly cynical and antisocial
Shiki: ExFJ
Hanekoma: ENTP
Joshua: INTJ
Beat: ESFP
Rhyme: INFJ
Uzuki: ENTJ
Koki: ISFP

Srho

MBTI Type
INFX
Sonic characters, some of these are actually famous:
Sonic: ESTP
Tails: INFP
Knuckles: ISTJ
Amy: ESFP
Eggman: ESTJ
Shadow: INxJ
Cream: ISFJ
Big: ISFP
Espio: INTJ
Vector: ESTx
Charmy: ESFP
E-102: INFJ
E-123: ISTP
Metal Sonic: ISTP
Rouge: ENTJ
Silver: ENFP
Blaze: INTx
Eggman Nega: INTJ

Torai

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
----ONE OF THE MOST FAMOUS JRPG's----
Final Fantasy VIII (Just guesses)

Squall - INTJ
Seifer - ESTP
Rinoa - ENFP
Quistis - INFJ
Selphie - ESFP?
Zell - ENFJ?
Irvine - ENTP?

Of course, Squall continually defines himself through what other people think of him, so he might have Fe. Fe tends to have that self-consciousness. But he pushes people away so coldly that I would type him as INTJ.

Yes, I repeated this post from another video game thread. And, yes, I smoked tons of heroin and injected insane amounts of marijuana. Wait, you're supposed to do it the other way around? Oh, shi- (dies)

Enough about my drug problem and my inability to do these drugs right. Now let's type some more video game characters.

Tom

MBTI Type
Jipe
Enneagram
Memb
----ONE OF THE MOST FAMOUS JRPG's----
Final Fantasy VIII (Just guesses)

Squall - INTJ
Seifer - ESTP
Rinoa - ENFP
Quistis - INFJ
Selphie - ESFP?
Zell - ENFJ?
Irvine - ENTP?
It must be close to a decade since I played this so I may be well off...

Squall: INFJ - A lot of the arguments I see for INTJ over INFJ center on his tendency to isolate himself, but this was a result of a his emotionally traumatic childhood. And it was a protective, brooding kind of isolation, rather than an independant, emotionally indifferent one, and I'd associate that with F more than T.
Also, he was constantly analysing how his actions would be viewed by others, infact I don't remember him thinking about much besides people and relationships. And he was such a reluctant leader, seeking consensus when making a decision, as opposed to a comprehensively strategic plan (that may have been partly a game mechanic, but it didn't seem uncharacteristic).

Rinoa: I agree, probably ENFP.

Quistis: INFJ, maybe ENFJ.

Zell: I'd say he was ESFP, or possibly ENFP.

Selphie: Yeah, ESFP.

Irvine: I'm unsure about him, I've thought ESFP, ESTP, ENTP, ISFP... Don't think I'll crack him.

Seifer's another confusing one.

I might consider the other FF characters / games later.

Torai

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everyone else said INTJ for Squall, so that's why I picked it. (That's my Fe for you.) I actually agree with your INFJ description more. I did explain that Squall quite possibly has Fe, the secondary trait of INFJs.

I picked ENTP for Irvine because he has some of the the social warmth you'd suggest from someone with Fe, but his mind works very objectively and logically. N is due to his philosophical mind, as hinted by his hidden discussion in FH with "the guy whose asshole levels rival even those of Squall himself".

As for Seifer:
"ESTPs are spontaneous, active folks. Like the other SPs, ESTPs get great satisfaction from acting on their impulses. Activities involving great power, speed, thrill and risk are attractive to the ESTP. Chronic stifling of these impulses makes the ESTP feel 'dead inside.'"

Do I even have to say?

Tom

MBTI Type
Jipe
Enneagram
Memb
I could see ENTP for Irvine. I remember liking him, but nothing more specific.

ESTP did seem like the obvious choice for Seifer. But I can't imagine an ESTP being so grandiose and melodramatic, and obsessively loyal. That's what threw me. ESTP would also make sense as a counterpoint to Squall, if Squall is an INFJ.

Edit: Um, FH?

pwinzy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
For persona 3 I guess:

MC: IXXX
MShe: EXXX
Junpei: ESFP
Yukari: ESfJ(Sometimes she's a biyatch...)
Akihiko: ISTP
Mitsuru: INTJ
Fuuka: ISFJ
Shinjiro: ISFP (Moon arcana might confirm this...)
Ken: ISFP
Chidori: INFP (weirdo)
Takaya: INFJ maybe t (Jesus...)
Jin: INTP

Torai

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I could see ENTP for Irvine. I remember liking him, but nothing more specific.

ESTP did seem like the obvious choice for Seifer. But I can't imagine an ESTP being so grandiose and melodramatic, and obsessively loyal. That's what threw me. ESTP would also make sense as a counterpoint to Squall, if Squall is an INFJ.

Edit: Um, FH?

Seifer's romantic dream was influenced by the movie Laguna starred in when the gang was trying to make some money. Laguna even uses the same stance as Seifer. The Sorceress Ultimecia brainwashed him into believing that his romantic dream could be achieved through her.

FH = Fisherman's Horizon

Cybin

MBTI Type
INFP
Yuna: ISFJ
Tidus: ESFP
Rikku: ENFP
Wakka: E?T?
Lulu: IN?J (T?)
Kimhari: I??? (SFP?)
Auron: INFJ

Seymour: INTJ